Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Silent Hill

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Silent Hill f is the most interesting to me.

Very excited for the 2 remake. Wish a Japanese dev got their hands on it over another foreign studio, not that I have animosity towards Bloober Team but eh.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I liked the Silent Hill F trailer, I don’t get people saying it doesn’t feel like Silent Hill, it did to me

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I liked the Silent Hill F trailer, I don’t get people saying it doesn’t feel like Silent Hill, it did to me
    Something different is exactly what Silent Hill needs right now. What killed the franchise was the rehashing of Silent Hill 2. These people need to accept that.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Silent Hill f is the most interesting to me.

Very excited for the 2 remake. Wish a Japanese dev got their hands on it over another foreign studio, not that I have animosity towards Bloober Team but eh.
    With games like, The Medium, Blair Witch, and Layers of Fear which were all stinkers imo, I'm very cautious about how they will make Silent Hill 2. If they indeed fuck it up, my animosity will only increase lol.

F seems to be the most interesting to me as well. 1960's Japan sounds like a great time frame to make it based around.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ascension is definitely the thing I'm least excited for from the Silent Hill revival. Very little of what was in that trailer felt Silent Hill-ish at all. The idea of a community choose-your-own-adventure is kind of interesting though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Didn’t Rob Sheridan do some crowd dictated storyline on twitter where I remember feeling completely at odds with it as I was always the opposite of what everyone wanted. Absolutely tedious

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    cEvin Key of Skinny Puppy is apparently doing the music for Silent Hill Ascension.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Hey, spoilers, Ascension is trash.

Hope y’all like a $20 season pass/“Founder’s Pack,” full of quirky emotes such as ‘It’s trauma!’ in rainbow font and the classic ‘It’s bread,’ perfect for an app you’ll probably open one time and then never again. Emotes that you can only use in the live chat, which is absolutely impossible to even follow.

I can’t believe they’re really expecting “millions of fans” to play this every single day for like 16 weeks straight. That’s actually unfathomable.

Update: Live chat was temporarily shut down, as people started finding out that the only two words that were being filtered out were “scam” and “Kojima.” But thankfully any slur you could think of was totally fine, because there was no moderation whatsoever. The chat is now in “sticker only” mode, meaning you cannot type text, and HAVE to communicate via stickers bought in-game.

Word on the street is that night’s stream was interrupted by a video of a couple dudes on the dev team profusely apologizing for, well, everything. Still gotta watch that, myself.

Hope the “I’m just happy to have Silent Hill back even if it’s bad” crowd is happy.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-02-2023 at 07:10 AM.