Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Silent Hill

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Unless you're into pachinko machines, there's likely not going to be much incentive to lure you away from that pledge in the future.
    Not one bit. And it's a huge slap in the face to not only SH fans but metal gear fans as well. Castlevania series also lost in that mess. They remastered/remade MGS3. Visually, looks great. Downside, it's only for pachinko. Fuck konami.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Thank fuck I'm old enough to remember when my friends and I all just played games to have fun. Full stop. Whew!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Given the resurgence of horror games and how Resident Evil recently found its vile refooting, I wish Silent Hill was a series we could talk and play about again. Shame.

HD Collection of 2 and 3 is finally backwards compatible on Xbox One. Took them long enough, bastards.

I might rebuy it.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 02-16-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I played a lot of 2 but never finished it. Really liked it. Played downpour and thought it was aight. Silent Hills truly could've been something really special.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Given the resurgence of horror games and how Resident Evil recently found its vile refooting, I wish Silent Hill was a series we could talk and play about again. Shame.
    As someone who plays almost all the games from both franchises, Silent Hill fans are probably a way harder bunch to please. And it seems likely that SH has a much smaller core of fans, meaning a smaller market and less fiscal incentive for Konami to cater to us. Whether its right or wrong, I admit expecting more out of Silent Hill games than I do from RE games - hold them to a generally higher standard of representing survival horror and psychological horror. And it feels that this is probably true to some extent from the general fandoms. As an example during production of RE6, Masachika Kawata admitted that the survival horror market was too small for Resident Evil, so the series was going to go in a more action-oriented direction. True to his word RE6 was an action romp, yet it didnít negatively phase sales at all. Despite some mixed critic reviews, the game has sold tremendously well. If the following metric is true, ďIn the home video game market, sales of more than one million units is the generally accepted standard for a major hit.Ē Then RE6 at over 7.2 million units sold (according to this source) was a mega-hit with the fans despite the admitted departure from series roots in survival horror. Itís great to see Capcom now moving RE back in a survival horror direction, but they were still raking it in just fine as an action genre game. I donít know the numbers from Konami (and if anyone here does, please fill in the blanks), but it feels like SH titles like Homecoming or Downpour didnít come close to matching those sales numbers. Plus unlike RE, the fans pick apart or refuse to buy the SH games when they stray from series roots.

Sorry for the wall of text. I think moving forward Silent Hill is just fucked at this point, from all facets.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    STILL DREAMING. I can feel it. Itís going to happen. Especially with all the Castlevania vinyl releases and other Konami releases. Just a matter of time.
    SILENT HILL 2 VINYL RELEASE COMING FROM MONDOOOOOOO!!! CALLED IIIIIIT!

I'm not the biggest fan of the cover art, but I can live with it. Brb ordering 5 copies.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    I hate the cover art! I’m so used to Heaven’s Night and Maria.

I dont have the money but im preordering it asap Wednesday for the color variant!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I hate the cover art! I’m so used to Heaven’s Night and Maria.

I dont have the money but im preordering it asap Wednesday for the color variant!
    Saaame. It couldn't be available at a more inconvenient time financially, but I'd rather put myself out for a couple of copies now than regret it later. When the repress comes along I'll probably get one more to keep sealed away for all eternity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I played only 2 part and it was great. But playing it nowadays is so painful for my eyes and the pc port is trash.