Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Silent Hill

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Thank fuck I'm old enough to remember when my friends and I all just played games to have fun. Full stop. Whew!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Given the resurgence of horror games and how Resident Evil recently found its vile refooting, I wish Silent Hill was a series we could talk and play about again. Shame.

HD Collection of 2 and 3 is finally backwards compatible on Xbox One. Took them long enough, bastards.

I might rebuy it.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 02-16-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I played a lot of 2 but never finished it. Really liked it. Played downpour and thought it was aight. Silent Hills truly could've been something really special.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Given the resurgence of horror games and how Resident Evil recently found its vile refooting, I wish Silent Hill was a series we could talk and play about again. Shame.
    As someone who plays almost all the games from both franchises, Silent Hill fans are probably a way harder bunch to please. And it seems likely that SH has a much smaller core of fans, meaning a smaller market and less fiscal incentive for Konami to cater to us. Whether its right or wrong, I admit expecting more out of Silent Hill games than I do from RE games - hold them to a generally higher standard of representing survival horror and psychological horror. And it feels that this is probably true to some extent from the general fandoms. As an example during production of RE6, Masachika Kawata admitted that the survival horror market was too small for Resident Evil, so the series was going to go in a more action-oriented direction. True to his word RE6 was an action romp, yet it didn’t negatively phase sales at all. Despite some mixed critic reviews, the game has sold tremendously well. If the following metric is true, “In the home video game market, sales of more than one million units is the generally accepted standard for a major hit.” Then RE6 at over 7.2 million units sold (according to this source) was a mega-hit with the fans despite the admitted departure from series roots in survival horror. It’s great to see Capcom now moving RE back in a survival horror direction, but they were still raking it in just fine as an action genre game. I don’t know the numbers from Konami (and if anyone here does, please fill in the blanks), but it feels like SH titles like Homecoming or Downpour didn’t come close to matching those sales numbers. Plus unlike RE, the fans pick apart or refuse to buy the SH games when they stray from series roots.

Sorry for the wall of text. I think moving forward Silent Hill is just fucked at this point, from all facets.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    STILL DREAMING. I can feel it. It’s going to happen. Especially with all the Castlevania vinyl releases and other Konami releases. Just a matter of time.
    SILENT HILL 2 VINYL RELEASE COMING FROM MONDOOOOOOO!!! CALLED IIIIIIT!

I'm not the biggest fan of the cover art, but I can live with it. Brb ordering 5 copies.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I hate the cover art! I’m so used to Heaven’s Night and Maria.

I dont have the money but im preordering it asap Wednesday for the color variant!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I hate the cover art! I’m so used to Heaven’s Night and Maria.

I dont have the money but im preordering it asap Wednesday for the color variant!
    Saaame. It couldn't be available at a more inconvenient time financially, but I'd rather put myself out for a couple of copies now than regret it later. When the repress comes along I'll probably get one more to keep sealed away for all eternity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I played only 2 part and it was great. But playing it nowadays is so painful for my eyes and the pc port is trash.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh come on... Hideo tweeted out ‘Sorry to be silent everyone...’ while holding a pencil that says PYRAMID on it, and he wrote ‘Next week!’ ?!?!? I know it’s complicated since Konami owns the rights but

COME ONNNNNNNNN MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

He's also been retweeting a shit ton of Norman Reedus-related TWD stuff.

Silent Hills: Tomorrow? Dare I hope?

Found me a little something on Toronto over the weekend that I initially missed out on:

Last edited by Shadaloo; 03-02-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looks like some of the OG team is returning and "Silent Hill" will be coming for the PS5.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Looks like some of the OG team is returning and "Silent Hill" will be coming for the PS5.
    Well, unless it's a fake out....it was fun while it lasted! KONAMI squashes recent Silent Hill rumors.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Well, unless it's a fake out....it was fun while it lasted! KONAMI squashes recent Silent Hill rumors.
    Honestly, I'm taking that as actually being a confirmation things are happening.

Konami haven't even bothered to so much as address anything gaming related in forever, and denying projects in progress is just routine in the gaming biz. Bruce Campbell denied Ash would be in MK11, and it's come out from multiple sources he was developed but delayed until later over timing and rights issues.

Now they come out of the blue and bother trying to stifle conversation? Psssh.

Still optimistic.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Konami put out the Castlevania Collection last year. Hopefully this year they port Symphony of the Night to the Switch. Some Silent Hill on Switch would be pretty cool too!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Bumping this for absolutely no reason and not at all due to any announcements that are due in the next week or so.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    The rumors aren't dying. People are now saying "Summer".

There was an interview with Akira Yamaoka that got pulled down
    recently (Konami claims not to be responsible) where he said

""You'll probably hear something this summer to be announced," Yamaoka said (via a translator), adding, "And I think it's the one you're kinda hoping to hear about."

I'm taking it with a grain of salt but...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Konami killing the Del Toro/Kojima's Silent Hills was probably the dumbest move ever in the history of gaming.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post

""You'll probably hear something this summer to be announced," Yamaoka said (via a translator), adding, "And I think it's the one you're kinda hoping to hear about."

Take it with the biggest grain ever witnessed. I have heard that "And I think its the one you're kinda hoping to hear about" from several devs and insiders since 2017. I'll literally smack myself if this indeed happens .

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Konami killing the Del Toro/Kojima's Silent Hills was probably the dumbest move ever in the history of gaming.
    Deadass. The silver lining being that we got amazing survival horror games like Visage, Evil Inside and Layers of Fear. All heavily inspired by PT. Maybe someday we'll even get Allison Road, which was intended to be a direct send-up of the groundwork PT laid..

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I’m very curious what the next year or two are gonna look like for Konami. Seems like there might be some things happening behind the scenes. Plugs can always get pulled and minds can always change, but surely, sooomeone over there has floated the idea that maaaybe putting some effort into a new SH (or even a new Metal Gear?) could be quite lucrative. Otherwise they’re just sitting on it.

At the very least, I’d love to see games from both of those franchises get ported to PS5 in some kind of collection. Wouldn’t even have to be fancy, just something to make the older games easily accessible and affordable again.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    The silver lining being that we got amazing survival horror games like Visage, Evil Inside and Layers of Fear. All heavily inspired by PT.
    Not to mention Resident Evil 7

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I was thinking recently about the alternate timeline on which the sequel to Silent Hills was competing with RE 8

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

So this was in all likelihood referring to Toyama (SH1 director)'s new forthcoming horror title Slitterhead, which has Yamaoka as composer. Which looks neat, to be fair.

There are still insiders saying a "Major Japanese studio" is working on an SH game and rumors that Bloober Team is also working on one.

Who knows.

Mondo put out SH3 &4 vinyl which instantly sold out - supposedly more to come later this year. But, you know, vinyl shortages.

Buh.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    As with any other situation where someone on the internet says they have proof of anything happening, and then says they can’t show us all the proof they have for no reason, I will “happily” believe it when it actually exists. “Happily” in quotes because the last handful of Silent Hill releases have been lukewarm at absolute best anyway.

I just find it hard to believe that it’s 100% true that 7 different companies (Konami, Sony Santa Monica, Kojima Productions, Bloober, Bluepoint, Blue Box, and Annapurna) are all working on multiple secret Silent Hill projects (and also Metal Gear somehow) all at once. All these years of not one thing happening with either franchise, and suddenly we have half a dozen projects being worked on? I dunno. My expectations are just heavily tapered.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Apparently things have leaked before the presentation in an hour?

Silent Hill 2 for PSN
    • New game '
    Silent Hill: Ascension' (Project Sakura)
    • Return to
    Silent Hill (movie)

Also, PlayStation and Steam releases have been confirmed.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Yeaa it was leaked via YouTube tags and Metadata. Tuning into the stream and said it had already ended, the chat was so confused lol.

Remake... What a surprise. Silent Hill 2 is being developed by Bloober games and that is not something to look forward to. I did like what I saw, but I couldn't help but just roll my eyes at that announcement.

Silent Hill: Ascension will be a "Real time, interactive series." by J.J. Abrams and Bad Robot.

Silent Hill F is a new game set in 1960's Japan. No info other than a teaser trailer and it being written by Ryukishi07, who is known for Japanese visual novels based around murder mystery, and supernatural horror, but sounds like it has potential!

Silent Hill: Townfall, another new game with just a teaser atm but is being co-produced by Annapurna which has me excited, along with No Code.

Some stuff to definitely look forward to. Let's hope any of it is actually worth a damn.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 10-19-2022 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I'm excited about this one.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I am genuinely astonished that so much shit got shown off today. That was wild.

Most excited for F and Townfall, probably least excited for SH2 Remake and Ascension. Hell, even the new movie might be alright. That first movie had a lot of stupid problems with it, but it nailed a couple of things, and was much better than the second one.

Also, for anyone interested, Mondo teased that they’re gonna drop more copies of the SH2 vinyl soundtrack next week, so keep an eye out.