Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Foo Fighters

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Love it! Dave Grohl is the nicest, coolest guy.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 11-13-2019 at 04:39 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Dave Grohl did Weenie Beenie for the first time in a hot second at Dimebash in LA last week. His kid wanted to perform it. Pretty cool. Oh and he did it with Anthrax, even cooler!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Fresh Pots are back

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    When I saw that video I really hoped it was going to be a Crooked Vultures announcement.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    FFX shit popping up around LA...seems like album 10 is forthcoming.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Foofighters...y_neck_of_the/

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Since there isn't any touring on the horizon... How about Dave hurry up and organize the TCV#2 sessions? Apparently JH recently mentioned in some interview that him and JPJ are totally up for it, but it has be initiated by Dave, who also started it the first time around.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Dave & Dave

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Excited about the performance and what a way to celebrate Biden's win! Wonder if they'll play new stuff??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The pre-order for the new album “Medicine at Midnight” just showed up on iTunes and Apple Music. I just listened to the new single. I really enjoyed it, but it’s a slow one.

https://music.apple.com/us/album/med...ght/1538671506
    Last edited by ldeaf2; 11-07-2020 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    This came out of nowhere tonight:

Last edited by ManBurning; 11-08-2020 at 05:52 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Last edited by ManBurning; 11-08-2020 at 06:27 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I dig how sparse yet groovy the new track is! Definitely sounds like the band is venturing into a new kind of sound which is cool, cause Sonic Highways and Concrete and Gold were really underwhelming and a bit FF by the numbers to me. Dave sounds really good, and I love the chorus.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acrid avid jam shred View Post
    I dig how sparse yet groovy the new track is! Definitely sounds like the band is venturing into a new kind of sound which is cool, cause Sonic Highways and Concrete and Gold were really underwhelming and a bit FF by the numbers to me. Dave sounds really good, and I love the chorus.
    I REALLY dig this. I hope the rest of the album has this vibe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Kind of expected it to get bigger around the bridge/final chorus. Cool vibe. But still very distinctly foo fighters.

But February 5th?! I hate when bands do this and drag out a release. Especially since this has been in the can for a while.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    When I first heard the studio version, I felt kinda "meh" about it, but then I heard that live version, and wow... it blew the studio version out of the water. Foos are one of those bands that actually sound better live than on the studio recording.

As for sonic highway and concrete and gold... I actually hated sonic highways so much. It's rare for me to not dig a FF record, but that was a big ole nope for me. I actually really enjoyed concrete and gold though. Quite a bit surprisingly.

Have a feeling this is gonna be a more mellow record, but nothing wrong with that. Read something on the press release of the announcement that Dave compared it to their "bowie" record. Said it's gonna be "dancy" and "groovy", it's like their " just dance" record. Hmm, color me excited.

But damn... why is it that all these great bands are on fire releasing some of the greatest music in a while now that it's a pandemic? I'm salivating at the chance to see live music and this year has presented some fantastic music. 2020 has sucked the life out of almost everyone on the planet, but some of the best music from my favourite artists is coming out in a while.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Never been huge on Sonic Highways, it’s a bit meh for me. Not bad but nothing really clicks with me. I loved Concrete and Gold, although I do believe it was let down a little bit in the mixing/mastering department. When the distortion kicks in during Run for example there’s no impact it feels flat to me.

Not sure how I feel about Shame Shame yet, but it’s interesting to me.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    There is a 4 min sampler/preview of the record floating around that teases 20-30 secs of each song.

Let me tell you... this record is not for me.
    It has a very odd sound to it. It's kind of glam-rock, very dancy. Experimental if you will.
    Sounds nothing like Foo Fighters.

Kinda makes sense why "Shame, Shame" was chosen as the lead single. If ya'll are on the fence on how you're feeling about "Shame, Shame" this may not be the record for you.

I feel like the Foos follow an album formula. They come out with a fantastic record, and then the following record is a dud. It seems to be a reoccurring theme.

Self titled was alright.
    Colour and the shape was amazing.
    There is nothing left to lose was not.
    One by One was Great.
    In your Honor and Echoes were both kind of Average
    Wasting Light was back to form and fantastic!
    Sonic Highways was terrible
    Concrete and Gold was good
    Now Medicine at Midnight feels like it's gonna be kind of Meh.

I'm all for an artist changing their sound and trying something new, but I feel like this new record is a tad too experimental even for the Foos. Hopefully it finds it's audience.
    That's obviously just my first impressions from a 4 min sampler. I'll save my judgement for the real deal. Just saying, my hopes aren't very high for this release.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 11-10-2020 at 05:01 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Wasting Light is probably the only Foo Fighters album I can tolerate. Earlier material has been bashed into my brain since I could remember and cannot stand hearing it anymore.

But yea... Shame, Shame stinks and could be a minute and a half shorter.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 11-10-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    There is nothing left to lose was not.
    Are you sure about that? Stacked Actors, Breakout, and Learn to Fly might be the best three song run in their discography. And the rest of the record isn't bad either.

I'm not really feeling Shame so far either but at the same time I don't mind them trying new sounds.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    Are you sure about that? Stacked Actors, Breakout, and Learn to Fly might be the best three song run in their discography. And the rest of the record isn't bad either.

I'm not really feeling Shame so far either but at the same time I don't mind them trying new sounds.
    I never liked that record. Even back in the day. And it still doesn't resonate with me 20 years later.
    *shrugs*

But I hold "The Colour and the shape" on a pretty high pedestal, it was one of the first records I ever bought all with my own money as a teenager when it first came out.
    I played the shit out of that record. So for them to have followed up with Nothing Left, always left a bad taste in my mouth. It was such a departure in sound for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I feel like There Is Nothing Left to Lose has the best FF deep cuts, like Aurora, Gimme Stitches, and Live-In Skin are so damn good. Headwires is another brilliant track too. Foo Fighters were the first band I really fell in love with, so I've got a soft spot for that album. There's this really nice laid-back and almost carefree vibe that runs through the whole thing. I'd say One by One is just as good too, I don't know why people think that album's the worst thing they've ever done. You can really tell that Dave's time in QOTSA impacted the songs. Low and Lonely As You almost sound like they could have Josh singing on them, which is awesome!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    There's this really nice laid-back and almost carefree vibe that runs through the whole thing. I'd say One by One is just as good too, I don't know why people think that album's the worst thing they've ever done.
    Wait, first There is Nothing Left to Lose and now you're telling me people think One By One is bad?? Haha I must just never pay any attention to what other Foo fans think of their records. The opening of All My Life and Low alone justifies it's existence but then there's also Time's Like These, Burn Away, Tired of You, Lonely As You. Yeah, that's another good record in my book. Low is probably the darkest they ever got and that track is so much sonic goodness.

You're right about that care-free vibe TINLTL has. Stacked Actors is a titan of a track that smacks you across the face and wakes you up and then everything that follows just keeps a good vibe going.

I'm not always in a Foo mood and I guess I do think of them a little differently than other bands. I see NIN as a band where everything is meticulous and carefully done and the result is great. Then with the Foo it's like Dave just rolls up his sleeves and has a great time and whatever happens happens and the result is different but still great.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Wait, first There is Nothing Left to Lose and now you're telling me people think One By One is bad?? Haha I must just never pay any attention to what other Foo fans think of their records. The opening of All My Life and Low alone justifies it's existence but then there's also Time's Like These, Burn Away, Tired of You, Lonely As You. Yeah, that's another good record in my book. Low is probably the darkest they ever got and that track is so much sonic goodness.

You're right about that care-free vibe TINLTL has. Stacked Actors is a titan of a track that smacks you across the face and wakes you up and then everything that follows just keeps a good vibe going.

I'm not always in a Foo mood and I guess I do think of them a little differently than other bands. I see NIN as a band where everything is meticulous and carefully done and the result is great. Then with the Foo it's like Dave just rolls up his sleeves and has a great time and whatever happens happens and the result is different but still great.
    Dave also hates One By One

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Dave also hates One By One
    You people stop trying to ruin the Foo Fighters for me! haha

I thought he only felt that way about the "million dollar demos" that came before the actual record. I mean he can't hate all of it, they still regularly play some of the tracks including last weekend on SNL with Times Like These.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    He's gone on recorded saying there are only 4 good songs on it and the rest are bad, to quote him exactly,

"four of the songs were good, and the other seven I've never played again in my life." April of 2005

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    You people stop trying to ruin the Foo Fighters for me! haha

I thought he only felt that way about the "million dollar demos" that came before the actual record. I mean he can't hate all of it, they still regularly play some of the tracks including last weekend on SNL with Times Like These.
    I love One by One. I'd go as far as saying top 3 Foos records.
    Burn Away and Come back are 2 fantastic deep cuts that need more love. Overdrive is good too.
    No idea why Dave and others dislike this record.

The only song I like on nothing left is "M.I.A."
    Funny, I own Nothing left to lose on CD, even though I think it's meh, haha. I own the first 4 records and stopped buying them after that.

I posted the photo of me and Dave Grohl on here before right? From 2003.

Good times! Maybe that's why I like One by One so much. He signed my copy.
    Met him on the street in Edmonton, Alberta before the concert. Great guy.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 11-11-2020 at 08:01 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Ok ok, I gotta ask to all you who don't like There is Nothing Left to Lose. Do you at least like Stacked Actors? Because that's probably the best Foo Fighters song.

Except Everlong of course. Even they know Everlong can't be topped.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Ok ok, I gotta ask to all you who don't like There is Nothing Left to Lose. Do you at least like Stacked Actors? Because that's probably the best Foo Fighters song.

Except Everlong of course. Even they know Everlong can't be topped.
    Best Foo Fighters songs you say, eh?

Let's go Boys!

-Monkey Wrench
    -My Poor Brain
    -Enough Space
    -Everlong
    -New Way Home
    -M.I.A.
    -All My Life
    -Overdrive
    -Burn Away
    -Come back
    -In Your Honor
    -The Pretender
    -Alandria
    -These Days
    -Walk
    -Arrows
    -The Line

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Can't list em all but here's my list after a quick run through their discog...

-big me
    -this is a call
    -exhausted
    -wattershed
    -febuary stars
    -everlong
    -down in the park (cover)
    -stacked actors
    -breakout
    -learn to fly
    -ain't it the life
    -all my life