Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Foo Fighters

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    *close up on Pat Smear's face, freeze frame*

*music fades to "Sound of Silence" by Simon & Garfunkel*
    Last edited by botley; 07-17-2021 at 06:14 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Holy crap.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That was awesome lol

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    At this point I'm pretty sure its not even that church's members, its just Foo fans holding their signs hoping they get a quick serenade from the band.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    This solves the mystery why Dave Grohl singing this popped up in my SM.
    I mean, it's a little weird when you're stoned out of your gourd in the bath, and you're watching Dave Grohl singing the BeeGee's. It just isn't what you expect to spin on the random generator wheel.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I mean, it's a little weird when you're stoned out of your gourd in the bath, and you're watching Dave Grohl singing the BeeGee's. It just isn't what you expect to spin on the random generator wheel.
    it's also possible because of this.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Yeah, and if you are still stoned, listen to their Bee Gees covers on Hail Satan!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I’m sure a few of you have listened to Hail Satin. I regret not buying a vinyl, now the prices are crazy on Discogs! I think The Bee Gees songs are a lot of fun, and the live Medicine at Midnight songs are fantastic, they sound much better with the back up singers at the forefront. They should had released this instead of the studio versions.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Ohmigod. I needed that awesomeness today.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Last minute show announced for Brooklyn (this coming Monday). Tickets are pretty much all gone; that was quick. Anyone ever been to this venue before...Coney Island Amphitheater? They say it's only 5,000 capacity, but it looks cavernous.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    Last minute show announced for Brooklyn (this coming Monday). Tickets are pretty much all gone; that was quick. Anyone ever been to this venue before...Coney Island Amphitheater? They say it's only 5,000 capacity, but it looks cavernous.
    I saw Primus there in 2018. Great venue! Super small GA area, managed to work my way right up to the rail.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...rocks-1254805/

Foo Fighters Horror Movie Incoming

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My god, does Dave Grohl need to do everything under the sun? Does he ever say no? He seems hell bent on being the safest most lovable rock start on the planet. Anyone else find these shenanigans are becoming a little off putting? Lets troll the westboro church, lets invite kids on stage every night, lets make a horror movie and and HBO show where we write a new song in a different town, a metal album a disco album, etc......but I couldn't tell you the last Grohl penned song that grabbed me (I could, its alone and easy target).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orson thrust View Post
    My god, does Dave Grohl need to do everything under the sun? Does he ever say no? He seems hell bent on being the safest most lovable rock start on the planet. Anyone else find these shenanigans are becoming a little off putting? Lets troll the westboro church, lets invite kids on stage every night, lets make a horror movie and and HBO show where we write a new song in a different town, a metal album a disco album, etc......but I couldn't tell you the last Grohl penned song that grabbed me (I could, its alone and easy target).
    Maybe you should just stop paying attention to him? Let the man live his best life and let people enjoy things

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    It is sickening at this point. He has become the Gene Simmons of this generation. Next will be a Foo Fighters cartoon and a Foo Fighters cereal. Somehow this guy turned into the spokesman for rock music....the fuckin drummer

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    It is sickening at this point. He has become the Gene Simmons of this generation. Next will be a Foo Fighters cartoon and a Foo Fighters cereal. Somehow this guy turned into the spokesman for rock music....the fuckin drummer
    I dunno, it looks to me like he's having fun with it all though.

Gene Simmons doesn't appear to be having fun anymore, he seems to be attempting to flex his dollars, Dave just seems to be enjoying himself.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    Maybe you should just stop paying attention to him? Let the man live his best life and let people enjoy things
    Hard to ignore him when his face is literally plastered on anything that hints at rock. The ironic part about it all is that Foo Fighters are one of the most overrated rock bands, ever. "Let people enjoy things"... Let people have their opinion on things they don't like without our wittle feelings getting hurt.

I do like his energy at shows when interacting with the fans. Whether he is inviting a kid on stage to rock with them, or kicking out an asshole that is starting trouble, it brings good energy.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 12-04-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Hard to ignore him when his face is literally plastered on anything that hints at rock. The ironic part about it all is that Foo Fighters are one of the most overrated rock bands, ever. "Let people enjoy things"... Let people have their opinion on things they don't like without our wittle feelings getting hurt.

I do like his energy at shows when interacting with the fans. Whether he is inviting a kid on stage to rock with them, or kicking out an asshole that is starting trouble, it brings good energy.
    I get it. I know what its like to be dumbfounded by a certain artist's popularity over time. I know how it is to be annoyed at countless articles of what you feel are sub par artists that always seem to get the spotlight.

But you know what I never do? Go onto forum threads of those artists and spend even more of my time on them. lol
    One can't take Grohl out of the internet but one could just avoid clicking on things with his name in it and that would take care of a lot of it.

Also, I'm not singling you out or anything my man just want to push back a bit on all these posts saying Dave does too much and should just fade away. Ridiculous.

And criticism is fine, by all means shit on his work all you want in this thread. But asking that a successful dude that has a ton of fans and has fun at his job just stop doing those things is absurd.

And get the fuck right out of here with that whack Gene Simmons comparison. The amount of fun the guy has invalidates it entirely. I'd love to get paid for having a good time.

And honestly, does this look like a guy trying to cash in all he can or does it look like a drummer and fellow music fan fucking around and having fun?

Some of y'all must just be bitter, or anti-Semitic.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    I get it. I know what its like to be dumbfounded by a certain artist's popularity over time. I know how it is to be annoyed at countless articles of what you feel are sub par artists that always seem to get the spotlight.

But you know what I never do? Go onto forum threads of those artists and spend even more of my time on them. lol
    One can't take Grohl out of the internet but one could just avoid clicking on things with his name in it and that would take care of a lot of it.

Also, I'm not singling you out or anything my man just want to push back a bit on all these posts saying Dave does too much and should just fade away. Ridiculous.

And criticism is fine, by all means shit on his work all you want in this thread. But asking that a successful dude that has a ton of fans and has fun at his job just stop doing those things is absurd.

And get the fuck right out of here with that whack Gene Simmons comparison. The amount of fun the guy has invalidates it entirely. I'd love to get paid for having a good time.

And honestly, does this look like a guy trying to cash in all he can or does it look like a drummer and fellow music fan fucking around and having fun?

Some of y'all must just be bitter, or anti-Semitic.
    Oh I totally agree with what you're saying. I don't hate the guy at all, that's pretty silly to ever hate someone for just doing something they love and it's genuine. The Gene Simmons thing doesn't even make sense to me at all (I liked the post, but not for that specific part, too bad we can't like segments of a post, hahaa) but it does get tiresome for sure, even when you try to prevent hearing about it lol.

What I don't like is when someone comments on how bad a new album by any band (Not just Foo) can be, and gets roasted for simply giving their honest opinion about not liking it and of course with constructive criticism. Dave is here to stay... Face and all lol.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 12-04-2021 at 03:57 PM.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Oh I totally agree with what you're saying. I don't hate the guy at all, that's pretty silly to ever hate someone for just doing something they love and it's genuine. The Gene Simmons thing doesn't even make sense to me at all (I liked the post, but not for that specific part, too bad we can't like segments of a post, hahaa) but it does get tiresome for sure, even when you try to prevent hearing about it lol.

What I don't like is when someone comments on how bad a new album by any band (Not just Foo) can be, and gets roasted for simply giving their honest opinion about not liking it and of course with constructive criticism. Dave is here to stay... Face and all lol.
    Well Goddammit I guess the Gene Simmons comparison fits after all. You can't make this shit up. Haha

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    wait, does this mean Dave is on ETS? I mean, that timing.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    Well Goddammit I guess the Gene Simmons comparison fits after all. You can't make this shit up. Haha

Hahaaa, For fucks sake! I needed a laugh today, thanks bud .

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    This year's Hanukkah sessions were pretty damn good. The Amy Winehouse cover isn't really my thing but I appreciate the change of pace.

I'm not particularly interested in the movie or whatever but I generally find Dave entertaining and I've mostly enjoyed the Foo output overall.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    He's a cool guy, enjoying life, his musical output is excellent. No complaints here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    He's a cool guy, enjoying life, his musical output is excellent. No complaints here.
    That's cool. I am truly happy he provides so much joy to the fun loving rock folks with his constant presence. Fun for the whole family, for sure. I guess I wish his tunes resonated with me more.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Updated 2022 tour dates:

Foo Fighters 2022 Tour Dates
    May 14 – Burgettstown, PA @ The Pavilion at Star Lake
    May 20 – Raleigh, NC @ Coastal Credit Union Music Park
    May 24 – Charlotte, NC @ PNC Music Pavilion
    July 17 – New York, NY @ Citi Field
    July 19 – Saratoga Springs, NY @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center
    July 22 – Toronto, ON @ Rogers Centre
    July 24 – Philadelphia, PA @ Lincoln Financial Field
    July 27 – Bangor, ME @ Maine Savings Amphitheater