Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Foo Fighters

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    you know much money I would pay to see Dave just rip through that first record? Alot of money. I like my Foo Fighters fast & noisy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    you know much money I would pay to see Dave just rip through that first record? Alot of money. I like my Foo Fighters fast & noisy.
    Good Grief, X-Static and Floaty would be amazing live.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acrid avid jam shred View Post
    Good Grief, X-Static and Floaty would be amazing live.
    So many good two-step parts in Good Grief. Two-stepping in the pit at a Foo Fighters show would be hilarious yet awesome.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Shame Shame is starting to grow on me after getting around to listening to the live version.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Drip Drip

New album is good, i found the mood to be a bit similar to "Concrete and Gold", that's not a bad thing...

Loved "Chasing Birds".

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    On MSNBC right now playing "Times Like These."

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Drip Drip

New album is good, i found the mood to be a bit similar to "Concrete and Gold", that's not a bad thing...

Loved "Chasing Birds".
    Appreciate the heads up.

Gave it a spin last night and again just now. It's better than I expected, but my expectations were pretty low. It's not their best work, but it's also not their worst. Somewhere in the middle of the pack. Least it's better than Sonic Highways, lol.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    yeah, i am pleasantly surprised here, it's quite enjoyable, and it's short too so it doesn't really loose steam.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    No Son of Mine = Ace of Spades.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Haven’t listened to the leak yet. But I dig Shame, no Son Of Mine is a not good attempt at an ace of spades type of this like said above, and War is legitimately guitar parts and melodies from times like these and come alive. And it comes off a bit.... corny?

so, Shame is the only one I’m actually digging right now. And I’ve been a massive foo fan for a very long time. Hoping the rest of the album holds up.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    No Son of Mine is actually one of the weaker tracks on the record, interestingly enough. I normally gravitate towards the harder/faster songs, but this one really misses the mark. Rubs me the wrong way.
    The title track is fantastic though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Medicine at Midnight is so good! As a fan who doesn't really dig Concrete and Gold and Sonic Highways, it's nice to hear them bounce back with an awesome batch of songs. Making a Fire is a brilliant opener, and those background vocals paired with that riff sound great! Definitely the best opening song on a FF record since Bridge Burning I reckon. I really like how concise and to the point the whole album is too. Apart from Waiting On a War which is just a generic FF arena singalong anthem imo, every song has got something cool happening. Holding Poison and Love Dies Young have sweet 80s vibes, and the title track is probably the grooviest track the band's ever done.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    4.5/5 review from the All Music Guide:
    https://www.allmusic.com/album/medic...t-mw0003449451

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    The reactions in this thread to the new record made me realize that clearly alot of people listen to FF for far different reasons than I do/did. This album fucking blows. No balls whatsoever. I don't want my FF to be "groovy". They are, to me, a rock band. They should rock. I want some riffs, I want some loud/soft, I want fast songs and slow songs. I don't want a funky sounding FF. I go elsewhere for such vibes. Fuck outta here with this record.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I don't mind experimentation but I totally agree with everything you said.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I gave the album a cursory listen last night and enjoyed it. It's a "fun" album, to be sure.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    The reactions in this thread to the new record made me realize that clearly alot of people listen to FF for far different reasons than I do/did. This album fucking blows. No balls whatsoever. I don't want my FF to be "groovy". They are, to me, a rock band. They should rock. I want some riffs, I want some loud/soft, I want fast songs and slow songs. I don't want a funky sounding FF. I go elsewhere for such vibes. Fuck outta here with this record.
    It sounds like music they would put in the middle of pop songs on the radio to say "Hey we play rock music too".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    https://uproxx.com/indie/foo-fighter...-nick-produce/

could not care less about Foo Fighters these days, but thought this was interesting - One by One was one of my favorite albums of theirs in high school...can’t decide if it would’ve been better or worse?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Dave Grohl is releasing a book, October 5th. I think he's such a great storyteller, looking forward to it:

https://www.amazon.com/Storyteller-T...s%2C236&sr=1-1

And here's the trailer for his next film, about what drives bands to get in a van and play shows. I enjoyed Sound City and Sonic Highways so I'm sure this will be good too:

Last edited by cahernandez; 04-13-2021 at 09:01 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/selena-gomez-global-citizen-vax-live-1154865/

Foos will be part of a pre-taped show from So-Fi Stadium in LA to be broadcast May 8th on ABC and CBS, Vax Live: The Concert to Reunite the World..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    They were just inducted to the R&RHOF!

https://www.facebook.com/foofighters...09227663900745

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Remembered this song today. Surprised it didn't become a hit, even given that it was on a soundtrack to a movie that sucked.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Excellent interview, thanks for sharing!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Got a ticket to see them in September in Napa at Bottlerock Do any of you guys recommend some of the Sunday artists (only going that day, I'm mostly not familiar with the acts from that day):

Last edited by cahernandez; 05-27-2021 at 04:14 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Foos playing MSG on June 20th

"We’ve been waiting for this day for over a year. And @TheGarden is going to feel that HARD. New York, get ready for a long ass night of screaming our heads off together to 26 years of Foos."

These mfers are going to play 3 three and a half hours.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Supposedly playing on the 21st too, from an image on the Pearl Jam fan board. So sudden haha

*edit - but I guess I'd take that with a grain of salt because it says FF+QOTSA for June 20, and FF+Mick Jagger for the 21st. Sounds fishy, especially because there's no official mention of QOTSA opening.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 06-08-2021 at 08:49 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    *edit - but I guess I'd take that with a grain of salt because it says FF+QOTSA for June 20, and FF+Mick Jagger for the 21st. Sounds fishy, especially because there's no official mention of QOTSA opening.
    Just saw this on reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/qotsa/comme..._msg_foo_show/

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Weird that they would keep it a secret?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)