Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 2013.10.03 Montréal, Québec - Centre Bell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have an extra ticket for tonight's show. If anyone knows anyone, heavily discounted $60 for Section 112, Row A, Seat 12 or 13. Please let me know!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    lol, I tried so hard to get a good shot of the ones at Berri-UQAM, but too many damn people around. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have an extra GA ticket!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have extra room in my hotel if any ody desparately needs it.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    One of my best friends is attending tonight, i already asked for a T Shirt!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exolstice View Post
    I have an extra ticket for tonight's show. If anyone knows anyone, heavily discounted $60 for Section 112, Row A, Seat 12 or 13. Please let me know!

I will do my best, let me know if you sold it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_destruct View Post
    I will do my best, let me know if you sold it
    Finally found someone, but thanks for looking out!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon OMG OMG OMG soon

PS : by "soon" I mean in a few hours, not the TR "soon" which means indefinitely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    Moé! Dans les rouges.
    Moi aussi, avec des lunettes, section 119, rangée V

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Found some wifi inside the arena. First night posters and they added a PHM shirt same style as NIN.com. It seems this is a venue that makes the rail sit before the show.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Copy of A
    Terrible Lie
    March of the Pigs
    Piggy
    All Time Low
    Disappointed
    Came Back Haunted
    Find My Way
    The Frail
    The Wretched
    Survivalism
    Satellite
    Running
    A Warm Place
    Somewhat Damaged
    Wish
    Burn
    The Hand That Feeds
    Head Like a Hole

Echoplex
    I'm Afraid of Americans
    While I'm Still Here
    Black Noise
    Hurt

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Impressions from the guy in the black WT-era shirt with the purple logo, two feet behind the rail, in front of the backup singers, between Trent and Robin:

-Mic failure during opening verses of Terrible Lie means Hulk Trent drop-kicks mic and throws it, and then kicks drum stand. Awesome.
    -The visuals for Disappointed, and the song itself, are absolutely a show highlight. I hope it sticks around for future tours.
    -I'm not feeling All Time Low live. Great song but nobody seems sure how to react. Not even really much dancing or swaying going on.
    -Adoring the fact that Trent no longer needs to sing "Nothing can stop me now". He just lets us take care of it, and we did very well (after he tossed the mic in and someone went "NOFIG CAHERBLEDERP" until the feed got cut). Sounded awesome afterward though.
    -Find My Way is another highlight. Cripes, can TR ever emote.
    -Compared to 2008, I think the crowd was average. Not bad, but average (also full of douchebags in the area behind me at the border of the pit). Then again Trent actually gave us a great big compliment last time, saying we were one of the best audiences they'd had...maybe it was because we were one of the last stops last time, and one of the first this time. Who knows.
    -Truly saddened by the lack of Even Deeper or In This Twilight, which I was really hoping for. I'm Afraid of Americans was even better than on the Wave Goodbye tour, though. Trent's making that song his. Watch it, Dave.
    -A Warm Place was everything I wanted and needed it to be.
    -My roommate says this has been the best show since Self Destruct, which she attended (and won't ever let me forget). I'm inclined to agree. TR was in fucking awesome form tonight, full of energy.
    -Bless this outdoor merch booth concept and the presence of Large-size T-shirts. Got me the blue-font teeth tee.
    -My heartfelt apologies to the tiny girl right in front of me if you were crushed slightly; I was doing my best to keep the weight from behind me off of you.
    -Fucking sea of cellphones around me during Hurt. I hate you people. At least there was no clapping.
    -Did Trent stop letting Robin sing? I was looking forward to some mild hilarity.
    -I am now in possession of an orange highlighter cap that someone clipped onto my bum pocket. Cheeky.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 10-04-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The mic also cut out in the first part of somewhat damaged. I thought I was envious of St. Paul's setlist. Montreal fixed that. More later.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tension has strong setlists IMO, but it does not "pick up where LITS left off", which what I was expecting and didn't get. There is little to no interactivity here, and the screens aren't used to their full potential, so don't go in thinking the bar's going to be raised or anything.

Now that I've realized that, I think I'll enjoy the next shows better.

Performance was flawless though, especially Trent's singing. I don't think I've seen him in such perfect shape since the WT days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quick questions....what time did they go on stage? What time were they off stage?
    thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Free James Brown View Post
    Quick questions....what time did they go on stage? What time were they off stage?
    thanks
    Pretty sure it was 9PM - 11PM give or take.

The show itself was pretty awesome, though I echo the sentiments above about the light show not being as impressive as LITS. That said, some songs did look pretty great, Disappointed and Satellites coming to mind right now. At one point, Trent almost kicked a spot light into the mic tech's head when his mic cut out at the beginning of Somewhat Damaged.

Anyway, great show, and it was a pleasure meeting some of the folks in line/at the show.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I wandered into the queue around 2:30p and was the 24th person there. It seems they handed out some of the early entry NIN.com pre-sale wristbands early, which confused security and folks in the queue. It wasn't total chaos, but they clearly didn't follow the times in the e-mail. Regardless, it was fairly smooth and without major incident from my vantage point.

I will admit that EITS is not my cup of tea, but they changed their set for this show and it was a huge improvement in terms of pacing.

The setlist for NIN would appear to be fairly standard at this point, but I'm really enjoying the performances. Rob finally made an appearance on stage during "Satellite" as he was experimenting with a new visual backdrop for the song. He had some sort of hand-held two camera rig that fed the back LED with crazy un-rendered polygons and the font screen with what looked like a security camera. It was a cool effect, but I may have been too close to fully experience the effect. I'm looking forward to seeing this one refined.

I take back my criticism of "Survivalism" for having a lack of oomph. The reworked version for this tour is more seductive instead of a fist-pounding anthem. It works, but you have to hear Lisa & Sharlotte clearly to appreciate it.

Anyhow, I recorded a couple of shitty videos for posterity:
    Band Intros/I'm Afraid of Americans -
    Black Noise -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On the time issue, I think they started just a bit early, about 8:50 pm by my watch/phone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    arrived at 8:20 pm. picked up 2 "limited edition" posters that were put back in car and then went to floor. beer lineup at back of floor/GA was shorter than at main entrance. we stayed next to the soundboard. good way to see all the effects and more around abit. great show except for the fuckers who continued to chat during the whole fucking show. fuck off and go to talk at a coffee shop or something, not during a concert. yes, I moved twice but so did they in the same direction as me. otherwise, great show.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jshebib View Post
    arrived at 8:20 pm. picked up 2 "limited edition" posters that were put back in car and then went to floor. beer lineup at back of floor/GA was shorter than at main entrance. we stayed next to the soundboard. good way to see all the effects and more around abit. great show except for the fuckers who continued to chat during the whole fucking show. fuck off and go to talk at a coffee shop or something, not during a concert. yes, I moved twice but so did they in the same direction as me. otherwise, great show.
    That is terrible luck. Next time smack em in the face and say, "It's time to get these motha fuckin chatter boxes off this motha fuckin floor!"

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Fucking I'm Afraid of Americans blew me away live. Somewhat Damaged...beautiful noise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Impressions from the guy in the black WT-era shirt with the purple logo, two feet behind the rail, in front of the backup singers, between Trent and Robin:

-Mic failure during opening verses of Terrible Lie means Hulk Trent drop-kicks mic and throws it, and then kicks drum stand. Awesome.
    -The visuals for Disappointed, and the song itself, are absolutely a show highlight. I hope it sticks around for future tours.
    -I'm not feeling All Time Low live. Great song but nobody seems sure how to react. Not even really much dancing or swaying going on.
    -Adoring the fact that Trent no longer needs to sing "Nothing can stop me now". He just lets us take care of it, and we did very well (after he tossed the mic in and someone went "NOFIG CAHERBLEDERP" until the feed got cut). Sounded awesome afterward though.
    -Find My Way is another highlight. Cripes, can TR ever emote.
    -Compared to 2008, I think the crowd was average. Not bad, but average (also full of douchebags in the area behind me at the border of the pit). Then again Trent actually gave us a great big compliment last time, saying we were one of the best audiences they'd had...maybe it was because we were one of the last stops last time, and one of the first this time. Who knows.
    -Truly saddened by the lack of Even Deeper or In This Twilight, which I was really hoping for. I'm Afraid of Americans was even better than on the Wave Goodbye tour, though. Trent's making that song his. Watch it, Dave.
    -A Warm Place was everything I wanted and needed it to be.
    -My roommate says this has been the best show since Self Destruct, which she attended (and won't ever let me forget). I'm inclined to agree. TR was in fucking awesome form tonight, full of energy.
    -Bless this outdoor merch booth concept and the presence of Large-size T-shirts. Got me the blue-font teeth tee.
    -My heartfelt apologies to the tiny girl right in front of me if you were crushed slightly; I was doing my best to keep the weight from behind me off of you.
    -Fucking sea of cellphones around me during Hurt. I hate you people. At least there was no clapping.
    -Did Trent stop letting Robin sing? I was looking forward to some mild hilarity.
    -I am now in possession of an orange highlighter cap that someone clipped onto my bum pocket. Cheeky.
    sounds like you were right by me & @halo33 . had a great time at this show! one of my last near-rail experiences (getting too old for this shit).

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    It may be the same for me. That's twice in a row I've been up to the rail, NIN are the only ones I'll ever do it for. Worth every second though.

Still not sure whether I should be jealous that we didn't get Even Deeper or Into The Void, or be smug about the fact that we're still the only ones on this tour so far to get I'm Afraid Of Americans. Both, I think (edit: Not after NJ last night we're not).
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 10-16-2013 at 12:10 PM.