Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: a little dilemma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a little dilemma

Get Pitocin.
    Last edited by Algebra; 06-17-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For the show on the 22nd...the options are:

1. Baby comes roughly on time give or take...if this is your first baby, that first week is like bootcamp...it is all at once the most amazing, scary and exhausting week of your life...you can not bail on that.

2. Baby comes late...the baby could be just a couple of days old or still on the way, you can't bail on that either.

Get the tix to the early show but be prepared to stay home...your doc. will be able to give you guidance on whether the baby is tracking along on time or early.

---At any rate, congrats...regardless of when it happens, it will be the best day of your life.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Being born in a sports arena filled with drunk people would kind of suck.
    yea but think of the NIN-cred...
    which NIN song would be the best to be born to?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    A Warm Place into Help Me I Am In Hell to describe the kid's feelings at the time?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    A Warm Place into Help Me I Am In Hell to describe the kid's feelings at the time?
    that made me laugh so hard, man... oh my god.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Once you have kids, the reality is you don't always get to do what you want to do. There was a good few years I never made it to any shows when my kids were little. Just the way it is.

However, that being said, the Oct.1 show is the one to tentatively plan for. First babies don't usually come that much before their due date if everything is normal.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

a little dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    yea but think of the NIN-cred...
    Head Like a Hole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    going oct 1 with wifes blessing.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Soul View Post

x 1,000,000,000,000

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    This bafflingly unlocked discussion reminds me of this Metal Festival I went to a few years ago.

On stage was Cannibal Corpse, and in the crowd was the largest, most violent mosh pit I have still ever seen. I played my usual role of avoiding the fuck out of it, or tried to, because this thing is just growing rapidly. In the distance, motorcyclists jumped a Monter Energy sponsored bus, in the interest of broing things up a bit more.

Somewhere just at the point where the pit met the people like me was a very, very pregnant woman on a wheel chair. She must have been in her third trimester, I mean she was wheelchairbound, and you could only assume it was related to the pregnancy, and nonetheless at this moment she was actually standing on this wheel chair. This would be unsafe enough if it weren't also at the edge of the aforementioned mosh pit.

I wasn't the only person who noticed this, and finally one guy was just so concerned about it and tried to talk her down, "Maybe you shouldn't even be at this kind of a festival" She got down from the wheel chair and started trying to fight the guy! All set to "Hammer Smashed Face." Basically the most metal thing I've ever seen.

Lol... There are 3 sexes - man, woman and pregnant. Never tell pregnant they are doing it wrong!

for the OP - I don't see anything wrong with going to a show 2 whole weeks before the due date, unless she specifically doesn't like this sort of thing, and if you going to concerts has caused friction in the past then just forget it

edit - there's a page 2?! Well fuck me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

a little dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    for the OP - I don't see anything wrong with going to a show 2 whole weeks before the due date, unless she specifically doesn't like this sort of thing, and if you going to concerts has caused friction in the past then just forget it
    My daughter was born very unexpectedly, 4 weeks early. 2 weeks at the end of a pregnancy is like the Wild West (why does my iPhone capitalize that?) man. Anything could happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Go to the first show, assuming the due date doesn't move up.
    The release the show will give ya will be good for the family.
    My newborn, first will be a few months old when I go to show. Wifey understands

congrats!
    My childs first song was the new track in the hospital

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninedead View Post
    going oct 1 with wifes blessing.
    Prefect. Happy wife = happy life

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    This bafflingly unlocked discussion reminds me of this Metal Festival I went to a few years ago.

On stage was Cannibal Corpse, and in the crowd was the largest, most violent mosh pit I have still ever seen. I played my usual role of avoiding the fuck out of it, or tried to, because this thing is just growing rapidly. In the distance, motorcyclists jumped a Monter Energy sponsored bus, in the interest of broing things up a bit more.

Somewhere just at the point where the pit met the people like me was a very, very pregnant woman on a wheel chair. She must have been in her third trimester, I mean she was wheelchairbound, and you could only assume it was related to the pregnancy, and nonetheless at this moment she was actually standing on this wheel chair. This would be unsafe enough if it weren't also at the edge of the aforementioned mosh pit.

I wasn't the only person who noticed this, and finally one guy was just so concerned about it and tried to talk her down, "Maybe you shouldn't even be at this kind of a festival" She got down from the wheel chair and started trying to fight the guy! All set to "Hammer Smashed Face." Basically the most metal thing I've ever seen.

Why would this get locked?

I didn't allow myself to go in the pit a week before my wedding at a VOD show(vision of disorder). Didn't want a black eye for the wedding, wifey would've killed me.
    With that said, a NIN pit is nowhere near as violent as a hardcore show. (Which I think is great. I love a pit but am not looking to get killed or hurt someone, just some good old friendly slam dancing)

As for a 6/7month prego girl on the floor at a concert...What the fk!!
    I left my wife at home for the HTDA show. I knew there'd be no pit, but was worried about smoke and just getting bumped into a lot.