Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: 2013.10.04 - Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Just got back to my friend's place, fuckin security at the border on the way up was fine, but on the way back I swear he didn't know what a transexual was. "This is your name... but you have a beard...? Do you... have another ID I can see?"

:|

Awesome show, very different from the festival, so glad I went to both. I think that was the most Fragile-heavy I've seen, but of course my 2 fav HM songs were pretty much the only 2 he didn't play.
    I'd do a big write up but I have to get a nap in before we head out for Cleveland. Got some pics and video up on my instagram if anyone wants to check them out. My name is the_wretched

Edit, well fuck. Speak of instagram, NIN re-blogged me...
    http://hesitation-marks.tumblr.com/p...-with-hurt-nin
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 10-05-2013 at 01:38 AM. Reason: shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    VMOE eek
    It was amazing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank You

This show was a succinct masterwork of a show. The set list was PERFECT. The rework of 'Into the Void' was magic - kind of like a postmodern breath of life into a vintage kind of song. And 'In This Twilight,' 'Various Methods of Escape,' and 'A Warm Place?' Are you kidding me?? At one point near the very I was standing there, the crowd bathed in crazy gold light, and I kind of felt like this was just a really cool dream. Everyone was so happy to be there. The energy was really contagious.

Rob Sheridan definitely earned his keep on this one... Incredible job by him.

Every song off 'Hesitation Marks' was perfect. The soul-esque backup singers addition to the band added this maturity and soul to everything. That said, the entire band was good.

It would be a crime if a Tension 2013 DVD/Blue Ray was not released. A crime!! I want to experience this show again, and again, and again.

I bought my tickers at the last second, and can't imagine what I was thinking. Such a great show.
    Last edited by acoz; 10-05-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Toronto setlist > Montreal setlist. My two all time favorite live songs were played (In This Twilight & Somewhat Damaged) plus a bunch a great tracks back to back.
    I enjoyed the visuals much better this time around from the floor. For people reading preparing for upcoming shows : I would strongly recommend not taking seats too close to the side of the stage. It's fun being close to see the guys performing, but you'll miss important perspective effects from both the screens and physical lights... like it happened to me in MTL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great show! Glad I got to hear The Frail/The Wretched for the first time and the setlist was perfect, only missing I Would for You which I wanted but I can't argue with what I got!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Last night was the best sounding NIN concert I've attended. The audio was excellent. Also, my wife and I made it to the front center, 2 back from rail. Never again! My back is so sore!!

Great show.
    Last edited by snaapz; 10-05-2013 at 10:07 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I agree, that setlist was insane. But Find My Way followed immediately by VMOE?? That was both my dream and nightmare. Will. Not. Let. You. Break. Me. :P

Doing soundboard tonight. Looking forward to seeing the stage show for real. You truly can't see anything from up front, for those of you hitting one show.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I got a full iPhone recording of both bands' sets, except for the first few seconds of "Copy of A"; it's mad-overloaded, but should be listenable enough if no better source appears (looking at you, @RITCNIN)...
    Last edited by botley; 10-05-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I agree, that setlist was insane. But Find My Way followed immediately by VMOE?? That was both my dream and nightmare. Will. Not. Let. You. Break. Me. :P

Doing soundboard tonight. Looking forward to seeing the stage show for real. You truly can't see anything from up front, for those of you hitting one show.
    Yeah, I am standing in the back for his one too

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I got a full iPhone recording of both bands' sets, except for the first few seconds of "Copy of A"; it's mad-overloaded, but should be listenable enough if no better source appears (looking at you, @RITCNIN)...
    Uploading now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    great show!

-I havent been really paying attention to the band the last few weeks, so I had no idea who the bass player was

-the female back-up singers were actually well done and fit perfectly

-the new songs were great, but I found most of the audience had no idea what they were, so it killed the atmosphere for a bit

-Great to hear some older songs that I personally havent seen live before (The Wretched, Into the Void, A Warm Place, Somewhat Damage, Even Deeper)

-People and their cameras/phones....I don't understand why people spend half the show looking through their phones/cameras to get some low grade video of a song. There was a guy near me that literally recorded half to show with his crappy camera phone. What's the point? Put your phone down and watch the show. A few picture here and there are fine, but come on!

All-in-all, it was a great show and I was happy to be able to nab tickets close to the stage 2 weeks beforehand after striking out on 3 pre-sales.

glad NIN are back!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Great show. Great set lists.

The only problem I had was with it being advertised as "Lights in the Sky 2.0".

With the greatest of respect meant towards Tension, the light show for this concert was *nothing* in comparison to Lights in the Sky. However, I will say that the lights during disappointed were fucking insane.

Has anyone else noticed that the crowds for NIN shows appear to be getting older and more docile? We're growing up guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    also, another tibit...

the opening band sucked

I only saw the last 15 minutes of their set, but all it was was one giand long ass song with no lyrics and shitty guitars

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ8828 View Post
    I only saw the last 15 minutes of their set, but all it was was one giand long ass song with no lyrics and shitty guitars
    Great review.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    though we were up on rail for montreal, toronto was a better setlist (got most of the songs we were hoping for) and a better show overall. the backup singers are wonderful, especially on even deeper/survivalism/black noise. breathes a lot of new life into many old chestnuts.

we soaked most of it in back near the soundboard, the way to go for this show as far as GA is concerned...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I sorta regret not talking to this blonde girl more who was standing by me. She kept smiling at me like every two seconds. hahaha ANYWAY

I enjoyed this show much more then the one in Cleveland.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Did anyone see the fucked up dude in the suit that pushed himself to the front? Sorta funny, but the dude was sort of a tool. He fucking got in front of me. Sorta pissed me off. Thankfully I did get all reactionary.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Fraser View Post
    Great show. Great set lists.

The only problem I had was with it being advertised as "Lights in the Sky 2.0".

With the greatest of respect meant towards Tension, the light show for this concert was *nothing* in comparison to Lights in the Sky.
    Disagree with you there; the Tension lighting ruled. State of the art stuff, f'real.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Here's my review of the Toronto show if anybody's interested:

http://www.antiquiet.com/shows/2013/...ss-in-toronto/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Loved the show. I don't like the back up singers. The show would of been perfect without them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NINisamazing View Post
    First, the crowd for the most part was great. People were really nice. I was in front of pino. 3 rows back in the gray vneck and glasses.

Loved hearing the new songs. The backing singers sound great. Into the void and even deeper. Fuck a good show. I am beat, got Cleveland tomorrow.
    We had to be right near each other. I was with my 2 friends, Blackhawks shirts!

The crowd was really awesome except for the lame cat fight that broke out during Running I believe, was quite distracting! I preferred this show over Cleveland, setlist wise and crowd wise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I remember you fuckers.