Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.11.15 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Sorry to the lurkers out there that PMd me. I should have clarified that I'd only give it out to members with at least 5 posts here.

Good luck to all today! Going to try this next presale on my phone since I'm away from the computer today.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    There! feel MUCH better now, got tickets through the Ticketmaster presale! Kinda bummed that I couldn't get in on the nin.com tickets, but I'll still take it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Scored center section F row in the balcony. Very happy.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I got GA tix, but didn't see an option to look for seating. Hmm.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Really easy to get tix today with the Ticketmaster pre-sale, thank goodness. In fact, tickets are still available in all sections. NIN.com must've only had like 50 tickets or something.

The reserved seats were only available for the balcony section. Everything else is GA. If you're looking for reserved balcony tickets though, the current seats available in the pre-sale are kinda bad. You might want to wait for the general on-sale and see if the inventory is better.
    Last edited by TheBang; 06-12-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    I got GA tix, but didn't see an option to look for seating. Hmm.
    All tickets I have seen are GA as well...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Got my floor for both nights through the ticketmaster presale. Gotta start looking for a hotel. Where's everybody staying? I've never been to the Hard Rock at all, always stayed on the strip. Thinking about using Hotwire and hopefully staying in something very nice for a decent price.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    When I was in Vegas for NIN in 2008, we used Hotwire for one of the nights (bought the morning of) and wound up at Hard Rock with a super cheap and very nice room. Tempted to book there since the venue is like, right there. I may hold off a while though since a few other friends will likely be in town for the shows. I just don't want to spend a small fortune on a room. Meh, we'll see. #ETS4LYFE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got my tickets! A much smoother and less stressful experience than the nin.com presale.

Never been to this venue so I'm curious what area the GA Balcony selection on Ticketmaster refers to, or if that will even be an option when tickets go on sale to the public.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

GA Balcony is the section labeled "301 SRO". It's on the 3rd floor. I don't know if GA Floor people have access to the GA Balcony and vice versa.

The 2nd floor is all reserved VIP Suites and Tables. I imagine you'd have to call the venue directly to find out about obtaining those.

The 3rd Floor Balcony (middle) is the only part with reserved seats. I'm not sure about "305 Tables". Might be non-VIP reserved.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Go right now to NIN.com for pre-sale!!!!!!!! Code is tension

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I got mine right at 10am for both shows, ETS was busted this morning so I couldn't report on my purchase, it was almost *TOO* easy...
    Now that i'm home from work, and ETS is back, to my surprise, they are STILL available through the presale. Hmm, why are they not selling now? I assumed these would have been snatched up in an instant as it's the smallest venue on the tour, but it doesn't even seem like the scalpers are buying them with the presale code just sitting there out in the open for everyone to see on nin.com, lol.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Again, go to nin.com "promoter sale" right now, they're still available as I type this.

It's prpbably not selling since it's some weird promo thing people weren't expecting. GO!!!!.....

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I don't think it is a "weird promo thing" at all, I think they just assumed the tickets would have all been gone by now, but the fact they are still available they added a new "promoter sale" section to the NIN.com tour section. That section was not there earlier. Seems like they are going to link the promoter presale link and password for each night as the pre-sales start.

The only reason why Vegas is there right now is because it's the first of the shows to have the promoter pre-sale. Tomorrow a whole ton of others will be going on pre-sale including Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Cleveland etc. I bet all those sections tomorrow will have the same info updated under the "promoter pre-sale" section. They will have a link to ticketmaster and the password right below it.

I think they added this as a last minute thing to boost sales as alot of people probably didn't know how to/where to get the password so they just wanted to make it painfully obvious to anyone that went to the website looking at the onsale date/times. At this point, it doesn't even seem NIN are even trying to prevent scalping. Seems like they just want the event to sell now.

Also, from the 2 vegas thread's here, it doesn't seem like there are any locals actually going, haha. I wonder if the promoter is doing a bad job promoting the event in Vegas, or from your guys' experience, are the Vegas shows usually always full of out of towners? Seems like everyone across the US and Canada are flying to that location for the shows.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I got mine right at 10am for both shows, ETS was busted this morning so I couldn't report on my purchase, it was almost *TOO* easy...
    Now that i'm home from work, and ETS is back, to my surprise, they are STILL available through the presale. Hmm, why are they not selling now? I assumed these would have been snatched up in an instant as it's the smallest venue on the tour, but it doesn't even seem like the scalpers are buying them with the presale code just sitting there out in the open for everyone to see on nin.com, lol.
    Yeah, I don't know what the deal with this promoter pre-sale is. I saw it and was wondering what was going on, Googled "nin las vegas promo code" and saw password was "tension". This isn't technicaly a nin.com pre-sale- you can print these tickets it's not will call.

See you all there!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I don't think it is a "weird promo thing" at all, I think they just assumed the tickets would have all been gone by now, but the fact they are still available they added a new "promoter sale" section to the NIN.com tour section. That section was not there earlier. Seems like they are going to link the promoter presale link and password for each night as the pre-sales start.

The only reason why Vegas is there right now is because it's the first of the shows to have the promoter pre-sale. Tomorrow a whole ton of others will be going on pre-sale including Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Cleveland etc. I bet all those sections tomorrow will have the same info updated under the "promoter pre-sale" section. They will have a link to ticketmaster and the password right below it.

I think they added this as a last minute thing to boost sales as alot of people probably didn't know how to/where to get the password so they just wanted to make it painfully obvious to anyone that went to the website looking at the onsale date/times. At this point, it doesn't even seem NIN are even trying to prevent scalping. Seems like they just want the event to sell now.

Also, from the 2 vegas thread's here, it doesn't seem like there are any locals actually going, haha. I wonder if the promoter is doing a bad job promoting the event in Vegas, or from your guys' experience, are the Vegas shows usually always full of out of towners? Seems like everyone across the US and Canada are flying to that location for the shows.
    (EDIT) DUH! : Password for this promo is right on nin.com, didn't see it since I was doing it from a phone.

Last time I went to LV for a show was Tool in 2010 at PH, venue I believe was around 7,000 capacity (same PH venue for final LITS show). I bought my first pair of tickets for myself and a friend, went on TM and found awesome seats so got those to- assuming the my other Tool tickets I could get rid of easily.

I ended up putting them on Stubhub super cheap (printable tickets) and no one bought them. Sold them before the show for I think $50 for the pair nright at the doors.

To answer the question- yeah, I think LV is weird for concerts. The 4000 capacity venue for this tour shouldn't have an issue though. (knocks on wood)
    Last edited by Krazy; 06-13-2013 at 12:08 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'm curious what (if any) show will be the first to sell out on this tour. I would ASSUME at only 4,000 tickets available, it would be these 2 Vegas shows.
    Arena shows are hard to sell usually... but they have alot of time, alot of these shows aren't until October/November so they have a good 4-5 months to sell tickets.
    An average "big" show here will get 3 months to sell tickets. So with an extra 2 months of ticket sales, i'd expect alot of these venues to sell good.

This will probably be the true test of time for Trent (wow, say that 10 times fast, haha), if these Arenas sell well, he knows he made a great decision coming back, but if this tour tanks, he might have second guessed his triumphant return from "retirement". Back when he did the [With_Teeth] club shows, he said it was to see if he was relevant anymore, as he thought nobody would care, but those shows were a hit.

I hope for everyone on this tour's sake it does sell well, as it seems like they are investing ALOT into the production value of this tour. I now see why 1) He is doing the festivals and 2) He resigned back onto columbia to help promote his record/tour. People said Trent made a mistake going back to Columbia, but I now see why he did it, as a business decision it actually makes sense. Have someone plan out all the business side of things, deal with the money and the tour schedule and the record distribution while Trent just has to worry about the music.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I'm kinda hoping there will be some professional recording going on since this is the only location with shows 2 nights in a row.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    UPDATE: My girlfriend just brought this to my attention as she is trying to scope out a hotel for us to stay at, the Hard Rock Hotel (where they are playing) has packaged deals for a room and 2 concert tickets... Thus, further prooving this show possibly isn't selling very well.

http://www.hardrockhotel.com/las-veg...ow-package/290

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    UPDATE: My girlfriend just brought this to my attention as she is trying to scope out a hotel for us to stay at, the Hard Rock Hotel (where they are playing) has packaged deals for a room and 2 concert tickets... Thus, further prooving this show possibly isn't selling very well.

It really is impossible to tell. The pre-sale sold out quickly, and public sale isn't until Friday.

Vegas is definitley an odd ball for concerts. Take out the price of the tickets and the cheapest room is about $150.00, not exactly a steal.

We'll see what happens I guess.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, the Vegas shows will no doubt sell well. We'll probably just stay at this hotel for convience sake. It's not really near the strip or anything, but i'm going for NIN, not to party with baffoons on the side of the road. And that way I can wear shorts to the show without having to go outside. I hate wearing pants to concerts, my legs get too sweaty!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The hard rock just wants you to stay at their hotel and gamble, it doesn't have anything to do with how the tickets are selling. They wouldn't of booked 2 shows back to back if they thought NIN wasn't a very good draw. Both shows will sell out. BTW, priceline.com has rooms at the hard rock for $115 a night ($127 with fees) cheapest I've seen.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Go right now to NIN.com for pre-sale!!!!!!!! Code is tension
    Theres 3 passwords for the presale today, what are you trying to get at?

The Hard Rock always offers these packages, thats how they do things. I actually bought a package like this when I went to see Depeche Mode at the old version of The Joint back in 2005. It made me not have to bother with the general onsale since this had tickets included.
    Last edited by suprefan; 06-13-2013 at 01:42 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Rights Records View Post
    The hard rock just wants you to stay at their hotel and gamble, it doesn't have anything to do with how the tickets are selling. They wouldn't of booked 2 shows back to back if they thought NIN wasn't a very good draw. Both shows will sell out. BTW, priceline.com has rooms at the hard rock for $115 a night ($127 with fees) cheapest I've seen.
    Yeah, we booked 3 nights for Friday-Sunday at the Hard Rock via priceline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm bringing my mom so I can stay at the Quad for free while she plays the slots.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I wonder if the promoter is doing a bad job promoting the event in Vegas, or from your guys' experience, are the Vegas shows usually always full of out of towners? Seems like everyone across the US and Canada are flying to that location for the shows.
    Vegas concerts are always destination shows that people are willing to travel to from everywhere. No matter which band I see in Vegas, it always seems like the out of towners way outnumber the locals. My friend that lives in Vegas isn't a NIN fan but knows that I am, gave me a couple different presale codes from a radio station and another club, so word is getting around there it seems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone from NY make the Vegas trip? Never been to Vegas before. I can not attend any concerts in my area due to work deadlines so wife and I are taking a mini-vacation for both Vegas dates. Got tix during nin presale for both and I have no problems with the tickets prices - money well spent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm from Staten Island and I'll be making the trip for both shows! Great way to cap off the tour for me. Trying for as many shows as I can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I logged on right away and was only able to score GA Floor. Oh well, I am still way excited for this. I just don't know how I was unable to get tix for Saturday at all, and only GA options for Friday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Rights Records View Post
    Did the price go up? I see $171