Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

2013.11.15 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint

With Explosions in the Sky.

Friday night show in Vegas. Fuck yeah.

Attending:
    @Harry Seaward
    @JessicaSarahS
    Last edited by Harry Seaward; 06-06-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Count me in!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Anyone know if The Joint stage gonna be able to fit their lighting set-up?...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Anyone know if The Joint stage gonna be able to fit their lighting set-up?...
    Do we even know what their lighting set-up is?

Either way, I'd rather see them in a 4,000 person venue than a 20,000 person venue.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Either way, I'd rather see them in a 4,000 person venue than a 20,000 person venue.
    It'll be very interesting to go from the Staples Center gig to this one.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    My girlfriend and I are contemplating this show and the other the next night in Vegas as well.
    My deciding factor will be whether I can get GA tickets or not. I don't wanna be in seats for this show.

Would be neat to attend this show along with some of the giant arena ones, to see the comparison in stage show/production.
    This one might have a more stripped down/intimate feel to it.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Do we even know what their lighting set-up is?

From Trent:
    "Picking up where Lights in the Sky left off, this is the full-on NIN live experience realized as we never could before."

I agree the venue size will make this the more intimate of the shows, just kinda wondering if their gonna scale it down a bit.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Already have a babysitter and convinced the wife. Las Vegas all over again. If anyone who wants to stop and say hi I will be the shitfaced guy with the big beard who reaks like a skunk.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Count me in. Now I have to figure out if I want to do both nights.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    My girlfriend and I are contemplating this show and the other the next night in Vegas as well.
    My deciding factor will be whether I can get GA tickets or not. I don't wanna be in seats for this show.

Would be neat to attend this show along with some of the giant arena ones, to see the comparison in stage show/production.
    This one might have a more stripped down/intimate feel to it.

Its all GA floor, the only seated tickets are in the balcony. If production was an issue, I think they wouldve just played Planet Hollywood again.

The Joint can handle the production, its a pretty sizeable stage.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Put me down for this! I may be attending solo, but fuck it...would love to catch a couple shows in a smaller venue.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Ticket purchased!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wooo hoooo!!! Got tix to both LV shows with no issues.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Got my ticket for this show, but I'm not a big fan of this ticketing process. I had the ticket at 1:30pm and somehow got to the point where it wouldn't let me check out. I was able to get a ticket later at 1:45pm. I'd hoped for tickets for both shows but I'll take what I can get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone have presale info for Thursday? I want to get seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Tickets sold through this NIN.com presale are SOLD OUT, however more tickets may be available in a special presale set to begin Wednesday, June 12 at 10:00 AM (local time to venue) via HERE
    The password is: PM or check NIN.com account."
    Last edited by Lambda; 06-11-2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Derp. Removed presale PW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ticket confirmation

i am pretty sure i got through, but have not received a confirmation email. did anyone get an email?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicmuse View Post
    Got my ticket for this show, but I'm not a big fan of this ticketing process. I had the ticket at 1:30pm and somehow got to the point where it wouldn't let me check out. I was able to get a ticket later at 1:45pm. I'd hoped for tickets for both shows but I'll take what I can get.

Same exact problem I had, only I was unable to get another ticket. Guess I'll try for tomorrow's pre-sale and if that doesn't work, the public onsale. :-/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda View Post
    "Tickets sold through this NIN.com presale are SOLD OUT, however more tickets may be available in a special presale set to begin Wednesday, June 12 at 10:00 AM (local time to venue) via HERE
    The password is: nothing to see here"
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Alvetica; 06-11-2013 at 05:34 PM. Reason: derp

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    You guys leaving the presale passwords open to the public to view really should just say "log into your nin.com acct for a password to this" or say "I have the presale P/W PM me for it" as you do realize these are public forums and scalpers can just google the password info and these forums will show up, right?

The whole idea of NIN.com giving us the pre-sale passwords is to give the fans another crack at tickets before scalpers... just sayin...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mensane View Post
    i am pretty sure i got through, but have not received a confirmation email. did anyone get an email?
    Just checked my inbox, looks like I got a receipt shortly after purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    You guys leaving the presale passwords open to the public to view really should just say "log into your nin.com acct for a password to this" or say "I have the presale P/W PM me for it" as you do realize these are public forums and scalpers can just google the password info and these forums will show up, right?

The whole idea of NIN.com giving us the pre-sale passwords is to give the fans another crack at tickets before scalpers... just sayin...
    Good point. I didn't think of that. I'll edit my post.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well... couldn't get tickets for Saturday. They disappeared immediately from my point of view. First time in to get tickets, literally seconds after the link changed, I encountered the "there are not enough tickets to complete your order message..." tried for the next 20 minutes. hoping for expired sessions/tickets. Nada. Then at 2:00, my wife says that she got tickets, for Friday. And my brother got two tickets on Saturday (and one for Friday).

So, my mood went from "&*(^*(&%^&$&*$*%" to "holy shit I get to see NIN two nights in a row in Vegas!" in seconds. It pretty much looks like I'll be going both Friday and Saturday (original plan was just Saturday), and my wife will be seeing some other show on the strip (no shortage of them).

Any recommendations? She is totally ok with only seeing NIN once. She's not nuts like me. Any Vegas locals have any inside lines on the better shows to see or any deals for tickets for the many varied shows in Vegas on any given weekend night?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mensane View Post
    I got the confirmation email right after I got the ticket... but I didn't get a ticket until 1:45pm.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecat235 View Post
    Any recommendations? She is totally ok with only seeing NIN once. She's not nuts like me. Any Vegas locals have any inside lines on the better shows to see or any deals for tickets for the many varied shows in Vegas on any given weekend night?
    Which ones have you been to? I liked O and Love quite a bit. Most MGM resorts offer show tickets with multiple night stays. I know Monte Carlo is giving out tix now, but I haven't checked any other places yet: https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/b...r&code=mtcent1

Quote Originally Posted by cynicmuse View Post
    I got the confirmation email right after I got the ticket... but I didn't get a ticket until 1:45pm.
    I kept trying until 2:10 when I gave up. If it wasn't the tickets showing up out of stock, it was the captcha fucking things up. :\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So that gated area, is that leveled?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally got the email confirmation- an hour later. That was stressful. Got a pair for Friday night but not for Saturday. First time I have ever not gotten a pre-sale (and therefore early entry) ticket. Hopefully I can at least get tickets for Saturday in the regular sale. I don't want to fly to Vegas just for one show.

Does anyone else think it is strange that the Vegas venue (with a smaller crowd) had lower ticket prices than all the other shows that went on sale today? Not that I am complaining.....I was worried they would be like $200.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    Which ones have you been to? I liked O and Love quite a bit. Most MGM resorts offer show tickets with multiple night stays. I know Monte Carlo is giving out tix now, but I haven't checked any other places yet: https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/b...r&code=mtcent1
    We haven't seen any shows in Vegas in years, so they are pretty much all new. We'll call to check and see what the ticket deals are with the package you mentioned, but the 20% off makes that a pretty decent deal in itself when it's with something else. I would imagine that she would more in the mood for something like O or Ka or (truth be told) Zumanity.

We're driving up from AZ (will see the Phoenix show the weekend before, then drive up to Vegas the following weekend). My brother and I drove up for the HTDA show last month. I wasn't going to miss that for the world.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecat235 View Post
    We haven't seen any shows in Vegas in years, so they are pretty much all new. We'll call to check and see what the ticket deals are with the package you mentioned, but the 20% off makes that a pretty decent deal in itself when it's with something else. I would imagine that she would more in the mood for something like O or Ka or (truth be told) Zumanity.

We're driving up from AZ (will see the Phoenix show the weekend before, then drive up to Vegas the following weekend). My brother and I drove up for the HTDA show last month. I wasn't going to miss that for the world.
    Oh yeah, Zumanity was cool, she'd probably like it. It's not very dirty or risque as far as Vegas shows can go, but it's entertaining. It's like the other Cirque shows, just with less clothing and a bit less set design.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One ticket for Friday & Saturday in Vegas secured! Whew, this was a tough pre-sale, or maybe its just because its been 4 years since the last NIN pre-sale. It took me about 30 minutes total to get each ticket to each date. I chose to checkout separately to make sure once Saturday's ticket finally popped up I secured at least one show. Driving up from AZ for a weekend of NIN!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    X107.5 has a presale going on with a different password than the one given by the nin presale link today. PM me for the password if you want it.