Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2013.10.19 - University Park, PA @ Bryce Jordan Center

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Not sure if you checked, but maybe this'll help?...

http://www.stubhub.com/pick-up-locations/

And holy crap, there's nothing around there. Been to Penn State a few times for work- best thing I could find for a drink by the hotels was some sports bar, and then down the road was some restaurant/brewery.
    thanks but that seems to be a partial list with major cities (ie Philadelphia).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have two extra tickets available. section 104. email la2517@aol.com or private message. I am going to the show, meeting there will not be a problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hey, making the ~2hr drive from the Scranton area. Never been to State College/Bryce Jordan Center... I assume parking is no big issue? What's leaving the venue like... should I expect a big delay after the show? Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, my first time at this venue as well and wondering the same thing about parking.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: 2013.10.19 - University Park, PA @ Bryce Jordan Center

Their website says it's 10 bucks to park. Don't know if that's true but that's what it says.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As an note, it appears cameras ARE explicitly allowed at this show, although their bag policy precludes bringing anything too large. (no bags allowed, basically). Might be a decent opportunity anyway for those who are into recording shows, though.

http://www.bjc.psu.edu/Events/nine_i...porer/775.aspx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Damn it's quiet... is anyone actually going to this show? Haha!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be there around 3 or 330 tomorrow.

Fuck yes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'll be in from Chicago around 6 after a looooong drive. Whst kind of a crowd will it be? College crowd?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going! I'm going!!! And oooohhhh.... I can bring a real camera.... >.>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    just read the bag policy.... where the FUCK am I going to put my keys? LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    I'll be in from Chicago around 6 after a looooong drive. Whst kind of a crowd will it be? College crowd?
    Well, it's literally IN Penn State, there was a Pittsburgh date already, and there isn't much else around. So I'm guessing college + dedicated people driving 1.5hrs+ from Harrisburg or further. (Personally, I'm coming down from Binghamton).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millerm276 View Post
    Well, it's literally IN Penn State, there was a Pittsburgh date already, and there isn't much else around. So I'm guessing college + dedicated people driving 1.5hrs+ from Harrisburg or further. (Personally, I'm coming down from Binghamton).
    Actually based on advertising, it's being treated as the Philly show despite the fact that Newark, Brooklyn and Washington are all closer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Probably leaving Scranton about 5, which would put me at the venue at about 7... unless there's an ETS meetup or anything beforehand, I could probably head out earlier. Looking forward to the show, I got a chance on tickets last minute and wasn't expecting to see this leg of the tour! Purposefully staying away from too much info, but the little bit of peeking I've done at reviews/impressions sounds like it should be an awesome show! Has anyone heard anything about merch on this tour? Wonder if it's worth bringing a few extra bucks.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    My lady friend and I will be in attendance...drove up to NW PA from Delaware yesterday and heading over to State College today. Fucking. Stoked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally it's concert day, driving over from Wilkes Barre in the afternoon and checking into the hotel , then it's time for dinner and then to the show. No rush since I have seats and not at all interested in Godspeed you band. Saw them in Philly for the LITS show and saw HTDA in jersey in April so seeing Trent twice in a year is just awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    YES! Packing up The Spawn and heading out in about two hours from NE Pa!!! getting there around five!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Any ideas when Trent has been starting after Godspeed? I'll probably check them out, but I also don't want to get paranoid if I'm running late. Pumped, can't wait for tonight!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The time taken of my picture during the first song at Newark was 8:52. That was a 7:30 show and this is an 8:00 show so I'm going to guess NIN is going on stage about 9:20 but I'd get there earlier of course if you can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, ETS, it's been so long! <3

I'll be there tonight, I can't wait! My friend got sick, so I have an extra ticket in Sec 107 if anyone's interested.

It's true that there is literally nothing around except Penn State. That means a ton of bars/restaurants, though. Parking shouldnt be an issue as the football stadium is in the same area. Not TOO bad getting out of there.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by classicgirl View Post
    Oh, ETS, it's been so long! <3

I'll be there tonight, I can't wait! My friend got sick, so I have an extra ticket in Sec 107 if anyone's interested.

It's true that there is literally nothing around except Penn State. That means a ton of bars/restaurants, though. Parking shouldnt be an issue as the football stadium is in the same area. Not TOO bad getting out of there.
    I know I shouldn't but..... how much?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker973 View Post
    Any ideas when Trent has been starting after Godspeed? I'll probably check them out, but I also don't want to get paranoid if I'm running late. Pumped, can't wait for tonight!
    They've been getting on stage about hour and 20 minutes from the time that's on the ticket from my experiences at St. Paul and DC. I think that's about right for the Pitt show too.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: 2013.10.19 - University Park, PA @ Bryce Jordan Center

Taken from the bathroom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last minute have 2 extra tix in sec 124 row G AWESOME SEATS !! Cost 200 will sell both for 100
    . This is not a rip off or scam I will mert you at the venue presale willcall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The crowd size is a little depressing. Hopefully everyone's out getting Creamery ice cream cones :/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I know, wtf! Depressingly empty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I only just realized the top is completely closed off. Whatever! It's going to be awesome! Glad I'm here.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker973 View Post
    I know, wtf! Depressingly empty
    Well it's a bizarre place to have the show instead of a proper Philly stop.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Well it's a bizarre place to have the show instead of a proper Philly stop.
    Most festivals have a policy where you can't play within a certain number of miles within a certain period of time. They played MIA in Philly on 9/1... Probably the same reason there isn't a Chicago Tension stop.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Good point. In that case I don't mind since it means I got to see two different shows.