Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2013.11.21 - Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

2013.11.21 - Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena

Count me and the wife in. Yay Explosions in The Sky!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'll be at this one for sure! Can't miss the home show!

And for once I am not disappointed by Trent's choice of band to open the show, while i'm not terribly familiar with explosions in the sky, the stuff I have heard is pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I'll be there!! Is anyone else planning on going down to Seattle the next day?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    My plan for Seattle will be detirmined tomorrow whether I can score Vegas tickets or not. My original plan is to do Vegas, Portland, Spokane and end in Vancouver and stay home (no sense crossing the boarder again 2 more times when i'm already home). But if Vegas falls through, plan will be revamped to probably hit Seattle instead (got a friend begging me to go with him, ironically I was begging him to come to Vegas before but his wife won't let him go, heh).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My wife and I will be at this one as well

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RINGFINGER View Post
    My wife and I will be at this one as well
    Wow, you're going to alot of shows man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sure am...I am planning on 10-12 shows for this run...What can I say I <3 NIN

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    You're nuts, man. I'm just going to Vancouver and Seattle this year, hoping on a summer tour of smaller venues for me to see a few more next year.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I'm also looking forward to going to Seattle and Vancouver.....good luck to everyone on getting tickets.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Section 118 - Row 10. My first non GA show for NIN, and fuck knows why I haven't done it before. For this much money, I'll be damned if I wanna smell the idiots around me or feel some asshole's elbow in my back.

For anyone interested, the transaction was smooth as butter, and a pair ended up at $223.50 so not bad at all!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Scored GA for Vancouver and Seattle. I was seated for the LITS show in Victoria, it's my turn to get gross and sweaty now.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Scored a pair of GA tix....

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I got GA tickets for my girlfriend and I as well. Didn't manage to score Seattle tickets though, that one sold out VERY fast. But there's still 2 more chances at Seattle through ticketmaster this week. Won't be hard to score a GA ticket there I would imagine.

As long as I have nin.com early admission for 1 show I am happy, and this would be that show! All my friends here managed to score GA tickets as well, so it's gonna be great to all be up at the front rockin the fuck out together.

EDIT: Scratch that, I just got a Seattle GA ticket now as well. it's 10pm and apparently more got released sometime tonight. So now I have nin.com presale for This show AND Seattle. Also attending Lollapalooza and both Vegas shows. I think that's enough NIN shows now, gotta give my bank account a rest, haha.

I know how these shows work though, you go to 1 or 2 assuming it will be enough, next thing you know a day or two passes and you start to have live NIN withdrawl and you need to hit up another show. So, who knows... maybe i'll make a last minute split decision after Seattle and attend Edmonton or Calgary as well. By this point I would have had enough GA tickets though, that's for sure. i really should have went for at least 1 seated show to take in a differet prespective of the show.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 06-18-2013 at 12:43 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I know how these shows work though, you go to 1 or 2 assuming it will be enough, next thing you know a day or two passes and you start to have live NIN withdrawl and you need to hit up another show. So, who knows... maybe i'll make a last minute split decision after Seattle and attend Edmonton or Calgary as well. By this point I would have had enough GA tickets though, that's for sure. i really should have went for at least 1 seated show to take in a differet prespective of the show.
    Edmonton & Calgary are too far for me but if the Portland show were after Seattle I probably would've gone the extra distance for that one.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, really doesn't make sense how they did the routing here... Spokane to Vancouver to Seattle to Edmonton... *shrugs* that's alot of boarder crossing in a few days.
    Wish it was better planned out, but this is what it'll have to be for me.

It was either 2 things:

Start in Vegas, go to portland, spokane and end in Vancouver. Or
    Go to vegas, fly home, go to Vancouver, go to Seattle.

The 2nd option won, not sure how... but it did. You can blame that on friend's wife who wouldn't let him go to Vegas, but somehow allows him to go to Seattle.
    Least there is a break between shows, get a little bit of a rest. doing 4 shows in a row could be tiresome, and this way there is just enough time in between shows to get stoked and crave another NIN show (5 days between Vegas and Vancouver).

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I'm just holding on to hope that there will be a small-venue tour next year. That's when I'll get a little more adventurous and make my way down to Oregon and California. Next year could just be a European tour but with all the festivals they're doing there already I think a small-show North American tour is just as (if not more) likely.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I think i'm done for travelling for a while. I've spent way too much on this band this year, it's rather frightening.
    If they do a second North American leg in 2014 and go to Victoria or Kelowna, or somewhere else in BC i'd probably go, but I think that's as far as I want to travel.

Of course, I say that now, hah... we'll see how things pan out, but I really want to start saving for a house. My goal was to own something by Summer 2015, which means I need to make a pact with myself and NOT travel at least for a year and a half and start saving. This band just keeps sucking my money away, haha!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm doing Seattle and Vancouver as well. Considering adding Portland later but two tickets were already kind of pushing it for me financially this month. I chose Vancouver to give myself a good excuse to finally visit Canada for the first time. I'm totally excited!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ætche View Post
    I chose Vancouver to give myself a good excuse to finally visit Canada for the first time. I'm totally excited!
    Eh, not exactly the greatest time to be visiting Canada... late November, hah. But you're used to the rain, so expect lots of that. If you plan on venturing elsewhere other than Vancouver, expect lots of snow and cold temperatures below zero for that time of year. Way better to visit here in Summer. The only reason I decided against hitting Edmonton and Calgary on this run was that very reason... the weather will be awful! So opted for a weekend in Vegas instead, get away from the rain for a weekend, bust out the shorts one last time before finally putting them away for the year!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I think the ideal time to come to Canada would be anytime between now and mid-August. Now that I think about it, the last NIN came to Canada it was also winter. WTF, tour management?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

So, ETS meet up for this show? Any good restaurants that are close by?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    :::looks at calendar:::

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    So, ETS meet up for this show? Any good restaurants that are close by?
    There is a little burger joint on Granville Street that (in my opinion) has the best burgers in the city called Stackhouse. It's maybe a 20 minute walk from the venue, it's kind of a small place though, wouldn't fit a large amount of people, not sure how many people these "ETS Meetups" usually attract. I've only ever been to 1 NIN message board meetup before, and it was in Toronto 2006 setup through the Spiral message board. That attracted a good 20-30 people.

I'm trying to think what else is close to the arena, but nothing asside from fast food places like pizza by the slice and subway. You'll have to walk a good 15-20 minutes in any direction til you start to get to a decent restaurant. Or you could just hop the skytrain that's literally 2 steps away from the arena. Your best bet is taking it to Granville Street, that's where you'll find a decent place to eat, I suppose.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I'm totally down for a meet-up! I'm not all too familiar with Vancouver though, so I don't really have any suggestions for places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Travelling from SPOKANE to VANCOUVER

I am going to be following the Tour from Los Angeles - Seattle.
    Do you folks recommend that I fly or drive from Spokane-Vancouver?
    (Weather hazards/issues that time of the year,etc)
    If i fly in there is public transport pretty efficient or should i rent a car?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Fly my Spokane....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks !! That is what is going to happen i think...now i just need to figure out if public transport is suitable or not?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Thanks !! That is what is going to happen i think...now i just need to figure out if public transport is suitable or not?
    I guess it is: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=V...m&z=13&start=0

Also, you can get from Spokane to Vancouver via Greyhound. It's an 11 hour ride, but $55 with advance purchase for Nov. 20.
    Last edited by TheBang; 06-24-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah...We are gonna prob rent a car and drive into Vancouver....that seems like a nightmare (11 HOURS on a bus)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    There is a train line (canada line) that starts at the airport and goes downtown (20 minute ride). Will connect you to Waterfront station, transfer to the Expo/Millineum Line for a 5 minute ride to the Arena. Public transit would be the way to go.

Are you planning on staying a night in Vancouver? If so, there are plenty of hostels and hotels downtown, you won't have a problem taking transit to/from the airport. Very simple and cheaper than renting a car.

My recomendation is to fly into Vancouver from Spokane, take the train downtown and take the greyhound to Seattle the next morning. Greyhound to Seattle is super cheap and only takes about 4-5 hours. Or you can take the Amtrak down there as well (this takes longer and will be more expensive).