Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2013.11.21 - Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    A cool promo poster for this show has hit ebay.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nine-Inch-Na...item46107c337d

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    All of the other posters they have for sale are also for Vancouver shows for other bands. 23"x18" sounds like it's just one of the ones that are going to be plastered all over town in rows of 30 wherever there's some blank plywood near a sidewalk.

Does look cool, though, but I sure wouldn't pay $20 for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Show 9 of 10 = YAY
    Last edited by RINGFINGER; 06-25-2013 at 02:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    There is a train line (canada line) that starts at the airport and goes downtown (20 minute ride). Will connect you to Waterfront station, transfer to the Expo/Millineum Line for a 5 minute ride to the Arena. Public transit would be the way to go.

Are you planning on staying a night in Vancouver? If so, there are plenty of hostels and hotels downtown, you won't have a problem taking transit to/from the airport. Very simple and cheaper than renting a car.

My recomendation is to fly into Vancouver from Spokane, take the train downtown and take the greyhound to Seattle the next morning. Greyhound to Seattle is super cheap and only takes about 4-5 hours. Or you can take the Amtrak down there as well (this takes longer and will be more expensive).
    ** Thanks for the info ManBurning.....I will def be calling upon you to help me finalize this portion of the trek.haha!!. **

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

2013.11.21 - Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena

You could always rent a car in Spokane, drive to Seattle, and take a BOLT bus up to Vancouver. My girlfriend and I took the BOLT bus up for our Alaskan cruise last month and it was $8 per ticket each way. The bus ride was about 4 hours but it seemed shorter than that

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    A cool promo poster for this show has hit ebay.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nine-Inch-Na...item46107c337d
    What do you know... I have one too, and it doesn't look like garbage! I wouldn't pay 1 cent for that!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    So, was I right? Are they just plastered all over the place and you ripped one off some construction crap beside a sidewalk?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

I just saw the Seattle poster today but they were all water logged

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    So, was I right? Are they just plastered all over the place and you ripped one off some construction crap beside a sidewalk?
    Exactly, That is correct.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Late for this party, but I scored tix from a friend for my sister and I. Six of us, seated, gonna be awesome. Who's getting the MFOB poster printed? Also, obviously, let's drink our faces off in a parking lot or under a bridge (or somewhere classy, you snobs) beforehand!
    Last edited by Fixer808; 07-05-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    You could always rent a car in Spokane, drive to Seattle, and take a BOLT bus up to Vancouver. My girlfriend and I took the BOLT bus up for our Alaskan cruise last month and it was $8 per ticket each way. The bus ride was about 4 hours but it seemed shorter than that
    @RINGFINGER Or take Quick Shuttle? I used it to go from Vancouver down to Bellingham airport to fly to Comic Con in 2011, it was nice and simple. They go between SeaTac south of Seattle, up to Canada Place in downtown Vancouver.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Late for this party, but I scored tix from a friend for my sister and I. Six of us, seated, gonna be awesome. Who's getting the MFOB poster printed? Also, obviously, let's drink our faces off in a parking lot or under a bridge (or somewhere classy, you snobs) beforehand!
    If you print off a MFOB poster at Staples or something I'll gladly chip in some funds for it. I'd do it myself but it would probably get wrecked on the ferry or bus before I even get into vancouver.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    I'd do it myself but it would probably get wrecked on the ferry or bus before I even get into vancouver.
    I read that as "I'll probably get wrecked on the ferry or bus...". I'm guessing you still will.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is a MFOB poster???

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is a MFOB poster???
    "Massive fuck off burrito". Blame the AUS crew. Not sure which one I'll go with yet.
    Standard?

Or SPACE!

I think we all know I'll go with space...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I might just get some of that iron-on paper stuff and print it out and put it on my ETS shirt. we'll see.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Autolux is an awesome opener, I wish I could see them this time around but sadly I'm only making it to two shows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looking for 1 GA - pm me
    Last edited by Totally; 08-15-2013 at 04:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was thinking about staying at the Patricia Hotel. I know it's obviously a cheap, small, no frills place. Is that an okay place though if that's what I'm looking for as far as you guys know? Also looking for good pubs and such to check out. I have a list that I'm trying to whittle down and add to if you guys have any suggestions.

Parallel 49
    Powell Street Craft Brewery
    Steamworks
    Coal Harbor Brewery
    Lennox Pub
    Granville Island Brewery
    The Black Lodge (I'm definitely planning to go here for its Twin Peaks decor)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got my ticket through the pre-sale - FINALLY my first NIN show!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So I broke up with my girlfriend. I've got the custody of the NIN tickets though! Any cute female in her late teens want to go with me. I just want a date younger and hotter than the ex. You know how it is. Anyway, I've got floor. If interested, drop me a pm with NIN in the subject.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ætche View Post
    I was thinking about staying at the Patricia Hotel. I know it's obviously a cheap, small, no frills place. Is that an okay place though if that's what I'm looking for as far as you guys know?
    Yikes.....

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyscotty View Post
    So I broke up with my girlfriend. I've got the custody of the NIN tickets though! Any cute female in her late teens want to go with me. I just want a date younger and hotter than the ex. You know how it is. Anyway, I've got floor. If interested, drop me a pm with NIN in the subject.
    hahahahaha

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyscotty View Post

Last edited by playwithfire; 09-21-2013 at 12:50 PM. Reason: ... *sends pm*

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Got tickets a while ago for this show. Will be my second NIN show, super excited. I don't know what ferry I'll catch but was just wondering if there was going to be a meet up for the show still?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    Got tickets a while ago for this show. Will be my second NIN show, super excited. I don't know what ferry I'll catch but was just wondering if there was going to be a meet up for the show still?
    Another Islander!? I just moved to Vancouver from the Nanaimo area haha. I hope there's a meet up before or after but I don't feel responsible enough to be the one to try to organize it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I would hate to try and organize something but not be able to make it because of my schedule. But I didn't think I could get anymore excited for this show. After seeing some of the set lists, I'm about to lose my mind. A Warm Place being played every night, Somewhat Damaged too. It would be the greatest to start off an encore with Just Like you Imagined. I can't wait to see what other songs make it on this tour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Yikes.....
    Is it really that horrible?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ætche View Post
    Is it really that horrible?
    Yes, that is in the Downtown Eastside. You want to stay as far, far away from there as possible. It's one thing to be going to a rock show at the Rickshaw and hang outside for more than 2 minutes, but to be wanting to SLEEP anywhere in that area is a whole nother story...