Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Stolen NIN tickets on ebay - Help ETS! :(

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)

Stolen NIN tickets on ebay - Help ETS! :(

Quick background story: in 2006 my friend went off to basic training for the coast guard and put all of his belongings in a storage unit. When he came back home he found that his storage unit had been broken in to and everything was removed except a mattress and box spring. The lock on the storage unit had been ripped off and then put back on the wooden door frame with a putty of some sort. Ever since then, he has slowly seen his belongings being sold on ebay and has tried to report the guy to the proper authorities. Sadly, nothing really even came from those reports and the guy kept on changing his ebay name so it was hard to keep track of him.

Fast forward to today and I came across his auctions for a NIN and Manson ticket lot. I noticed that the tickets he had up for NIN matched the same shows I went to. So then I grabbed my ticket stub book and wouldn't you know it, my seats are one digit off from the ones he's selling. This solidified that they were my friends tickets. I messaged him telling about what has happened to my friend and never got a response from him. So I notified Gary (my friend) and told him about the auctions. He ended up bidding on the NIN lot and won the auction, but he was outbid on the Manson lot. At this point he just wants his stubs back and doesn't plan on going after the guy. I'm here trying to see if anyone on ETS won the Manson tickets and if so, I'd like to work out a deal with you so I can get those tickets back to Gary.

Here is the NIN ticket lot and here is the Manson ticket lot

If you look at the NIN tickets below you will see that they match up to my tickets.

and here are my tickets......

So, if you happen to have won the Manson ticket lot, please PM me so we can work out a deal. I'd really like to get those tickets back to Gary

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    That's impressively shitty. Good luck

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Apparently, Provider Module is the big Manson forum right now. You should try there as well in case someone over there bought the stubs.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    I'm not 100% sure that his story is legit, but here is what I just got from him after messaging him......

Quote Originally Posted by cast4trout
    I had my storage unit completely emptied. It had all my tools for work. Thousands of dollars worth or specialized marble and granite tools plus yearbooks, pictures, and more. No insurance. I found some of my stuff ( nothing worth a crap ) in and behind the dumpsters the day of my nightmare. These ticket stubs were mixed in amongst the boxes. I ended up finding out who did this and was going to take action when I was threatened in many ways. These guys were no joke straight up gang bangers in anahiem. Way out of my league. I have left this in the past. I am not going to relive that but I would love to get you all the tickets to you for your friend.

Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 11-18-2014 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    good news, we recovered almost all of his tickets! (funny, all the nin.com tickets that had our names printed on them were missing)

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Anything else in that locker? Love me an Nin storage locker from time to time.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    his entire NIN record collection, a signed TR microphone, all of his music CDs, most of his 2005-2006 tour lithos, and a bunch of other stuff that can never be replaced were stolen.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    his entire NIN record collection, a signed TR microphone, all of his music CDs, most of his 2005-2006 tour lithos, and a bunch of other stuff that can never be replaced were stolen.
    Does he have any photos of that particular signed microphone?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Gary? He might.....it was the microphone used at the 6.01.00 show in San Diego. If memory serves me right, it was silver and we had TR sign it at the Davis, CA show in 2005. Why do you ask?

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Gary? He might.....it was the microphone used at the 6.01.00 show in San Diego. If memory serves me right, it was silver and we had TR sign it at the Davis, CA show in 2005. Why do you ask?
    Well, you might scan eBay more than I do, but it would be good to aha a reference in case a signed mic ever showed up there.