Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN-Spotting 2013 (Part 2/2)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Sale date August 29 - we'll probably have a leak in our hands before that issue hits shelves/mailboxes. (I'll have that issue by the end of next week, I believe.)

Why is Macklemore on the front cover if he doesn't even have a featured article on the cover?
    It's a cropped picture. His article title is just below the edge of the photo I posted.

Full cover: http://oi42.tinypic.com/292tiix.jpg
    Last edited by JessicaSarahS; 08-14-2013 at 03:17 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    probably just a reprinting of the new australian interview and a review of the album

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    http://www.korn.com/forum/regarding-korn/2801113?h=l

- "Btw I think SYOTOS was by far my least favorite Korn cd. The production team "the matrix" basically wrote the whole record. Vocals and lyrics included. I didn't want to work with them but because Jon

Jon wanted to work with "the matrix" because they had made a bunch of successful Pop records. I never wanted to work with them. They were basically given full control to do whatever they wanted on the record. I told the guys the direction of the record sucked but Jon wanted them to do everything so there you have it. It didn't even feel like a Korn record to me."

(he said right after that he didn't hate Jon).

- "What Trent reznor said was true about SYOTOS and the producers."
    (Trent Reznor clearly mocked Korn for letting producers write all the album including the lyrics for SYOTOS.)

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Here is the article on Trent from the new Rolling Stones in PDF. Download below:

http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com...ones-aug29.pdf

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RITCNIN View Post
    Here is the article on Trent from the new Rolling Stones in PDF. Download below:

http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com...ones-aug29.pdf

Thanks RITCNIN!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Nice, cheers for uploading!

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    I noticed that too. I think the entire album got fucked up. The iTunes store has the same issue and the track lengths are the same. You can also find it on spotify Twinkle Twinkle Little Rock Star Lullaby Versions of Nine Inch Nails and its the same thing. TDTWWA is on there twice, once labeled as "wish"

If you want to track down the TTLRS people: http://www.ttlrs.com/contact.html I might actually do that. cause seriously... i want to hear wish!

edit: email sent
    TTLRS is now aware of the error and is fixing the issue on all platforms. Now we can all hear the cover of Wish! :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For anyone interested in Alessandro's rig for the current tour, Elektron did an interview with him.

His current rig is based off what he was using with HDTA with a couple pieces of Elektron gear, some tape loops and other goodies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    For anyone interested in Alessandro's rig for the current tour, Elektron did an interview with him.

His current rig is based off what he was using with HDTA with a couple pieces of Elektron gear, some tape loops and other goodies.
    Nice! I knew it was all outboard. Love the 424 MII in there. I used to have one of those back when they were new... to somewhat date myself.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Next week's NME magazine (UK)

Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    "Secret LA Lair"

He's a 48 year old man with a wife and 2 kids, he doesn't have a lair anymore...it's called a man cave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    PBS IDea Channel: "Are MP3's & Vinyl Better than Live Music?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post

Love this picture. He looks ready for war.

This album is going to crush in the subtlest of ways.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Save the music industry? Is the interview from 1999?

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    "Outside Lands often feels like an especially good fest for families, but I didn't expect to see the best example of that in the midst of a Nine Inch Nails show. Trent Reznor's performance was gripping, and the new live show he's put together is a visual feast, but the best part for me and everyone nearby (security guards included) came courtesy of a three-year-old girl by the name of Charlie. She held multiple glow sticks and danced like crazy, even during "Closer." Her parents informed me that it was her second NIN show; the first one was when her mom was pregnant with her."

that is just awesome! They must have been pretty far away from the front. This really makes me want to bring my kid.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    Next week's NME magazine (UK)
    CAREER-DEFINING INTERVIEW WITH CULT HERO

It's funny, I know exactly where I first heard about NME. There's a bootleg,and I forget which one, but it was probably from the Self Destruct tour. In between songs, Trent says "Does anyone have NME? I need something to wipe my ass with." I tell you what, kids, I had to search Hotbot to find out what that an NME was.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post

It's funny, I know exactly where I first heard about NME. There's a bootleg,and I forget which one, but it was probably from the Self Destruct tour. In between songs, Trent says "Does anyone have NME? I need something to wipe my ass with." I tell you what, kids, I had to search Hotbot to find out what that an NME was.
    Hammering It Home...at least that's what my copy is called.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^Haha, I have that as a 30 second long mp3.When Trent goes "AY, AY" after he says it for some reason I find it fucking hilarious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ohh yeah. i have that one. may 24 1994, right before down in it. i swear, someone should make a compilation of all the shit trent says on stage.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Don't know if it's been posted, and for what it's worth, the promo for the new season of Sons of Anarchy uses TMHBM:

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/soa

And this is the teaser:

Last edited by Promethean; 08-14-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

THATS what he says! I always wondered. It sounded like a mispronounced "enema" or something

Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fuckit View Post
    ohh yeah. i have that one. may 24 1994, right before down in it. i swear, someone should make a compilation of all the shit trent says on stage.
    It's actually May 26, 1994. The "may 24" is a common mislabel.
    you can find this performance over here http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com.../19940526.html

"does anybody out there got an NME on them? anybody have an NME that they can pass up to the front? no? do you guys understand english? I just took a shit and I need something to wipe my ass with. anybody got an NME that they can pass up to the fucking front? eh? yah? .... here's a song about fucking"

Mentioned
    787 Post(s)

NIN-Spotting 2013 (Part 2/2)

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    THATS what he says! I always wondered. It sounded like a mispronounced "enema" or something
    It used to be called the New Music Express but everybody abbreviated it to NME. It was highly coveted by Americans in the 80s, I used to have to travel to certain magazine stores to get it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The NME is the most influential music journal of all time, it more or less single handedly brought Punk to the UK by reporting on the New York CBGB scene and then galvanized on the buzz and brought it overground to the mainstream. It used to be a real scenemaker. It would big up the Seattle grunge scene and other things like Chicago House in the states when no one else over there would, it was the holy grail from about 1973-1995. Its pretty irrelevant now. But they suddenly seem really interested in Trent.
    They have always up until recently hated Industrial music. For most of the 90s they were pretty Anti-American, NIN did not fit with their set agenda they were obsessed with either Britpop, or Dance music and they were extremely dismissive of Trent and aimed pure bile towards anything NIN related, in 1991 NIN played in Bristol with i think either Pop Will Eat Itself or Meat Beat Manifesto and the reviews were calling NINs sound dated and said some mean things about Trent After that they kind of just ignored NIN really, sometimes make huge miscalculations and diss artists that become huge and brilliant, they used to annihilate Radiohead too and make fun of Thom Yorke's looks. Its a different team now
    It just seems weird its taken them 25 years to put Trent on the cover.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Must have published something very unflattering about NIN that same week of the bootlegged show. Anyone know what it was?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

I might buy that issue. Hard to overcome my hate of nme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Must have published something very unflattering about NIN that same week of the bootlegged show. Anyone know what it was?
    I don't think he had any specific hate for NME, but a general distaste in the media. I remember him saying something among the lines of "fuck (insert magazine name here), fuck (insert magazine name here) and fuck that (insert other media outlet here). They just don't get it." during a self destruct show (not sure which one but i'm sure someone on here would know)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Accurate example of why that magazine hasn't been in any position to claim career-defining anything since it was a newspaper (and far more appropriate for bottom-wiping)

Mentioned
    787 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fuckit View Post
    I don't think he had any specific hate for NME, but a general distaste in the media. I remember him saying something among the lines of "fuck (insert magazine name here), fuck (insert magazine name here) and fuck that (insert other media outlet here). They just don't get it." during a self destruct show (not sure which one but i'm sure someone on here would know)
    But when they write nice things, he's sure to let everybody know. He was a bigger crybaby then than he is now.