Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2023

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

NIN Spotting 2023

Maybe THIS year...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    really cool. this channel uploaded the debut of the MoTP video on MTV. there's a funny little story beforehand.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Man. Music video premieres were a thing, weren't they? "One of the most minimalistic music videos that we've seen in quite a long time, coming from a man that I guess a lot of people are looking to to be the future of rock n' roll" No pressure! Here we are 28 years later, Nine Inch Nails plays deceptively minimalist live shows against a piss-stained curtain (having pioneering tech-heavy live production techniques in multiple tours past), and Kennedy's one of the more rabid Fox Business News personalities. The future of Rock n' Roll is weird.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Man. Music video premieres were a thing, weren't they? "One of the most minimalistic music videos that we've seen in quite a long time, coming from a man that I guess a lot of people are looking to to be the future of rock n' roll" No pressure! Here we are 28 years later, Nine Inch Nails plays deceptively minimalist live shows against a piss-stained curtain (having pioneering tech-heavy live production techniques in multiple tours past), and Kennedy's one of the more rabid Fox Business News personalities. The future of Rock n' Roll is weird.
    I still remember Carson Daly's completely deadpan "wow, that was amazing" after the 'Into The Void' world premiere. Wang.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    That kinda makes it look like Trent was considering using the Russell Mills art of the distressed logo as the cover, before deciding on the one they ended up using (titled "Wound").

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Neil Druckmann (writer and director of The Last of Us video game series and co-creator of the HBO adaptation) names Trent Reznor as one of his all-time biggest creative influences. (quote at 27:00)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    Neil Druckmann (writer and director of The Last of Us video game series and co-creator of the HBO adaptation) names Trent Reznor as one of his all-time biggest creative influences. (quote at 27:00)
    Very cool. Makes me hope for another collaboration between Gustavo Santaolalla and Trent & Atticus—or T&A being asked to work on a Naughty Dog video game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    One of my favorite electronic musicians, Rival Consoles, wrote a piece about how inspirational The Downward Spiral was/has been for him: https://www.talkhouse.com/the-downwa...expressionism/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A Trent and Atticus remix of Apocalyptical is on Puscifer's remix album Existential Reckoning: Rewired. The album also features an Alessandro Cortini remix.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So this isn't exactly NIN, but, uhhhh...

...NIN fans in the Graphic Design department, i guess?...
    One of their early Discord QOTD's (back when those were a thing) was similar, I'm guessing nobody was interested in chasing potential copyright infringement money. Still funny that they subtitled it NIN Logo....

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    One of their early Discord QOTD's (back when those were a thing) was similar, I'm guessing nobody was interested in chasing potential copyright infringement money. Still funny that they subtitled it NIN Logo....

Your post is better as it's far more aesthetically pleasing.

I think ima delete mine: the context remains in the quote.

But, yeah. I still can't believe that this little band with whom I fell in love in 92, with Broken, is now ubiquitous enough to spawn fucking CAR LOGOS.

Let me ask you this, though: you're talking about NIN discord? I never wanted to participate, as, direct and continued interactions with bands I love, has created some awkward situations.

So did NIN post this, or was it a member of the discord? And this was part of.the Queen of the Damned portion?

Jokes aside, it's Quote of the Day? Or Question of.the Day?
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-19-2023 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Your post is better as it's far more aesthetically pleasing.

I think ima delete mine: the context remains in the quote.

But, yeah. I still can't believe that this little band with whom I fell in love in 92, with Broken, is now ubiquitous enough to spawn fucking CAR LOGOS.

Let me ask you this, though: you're talking about NIN discord? I never wanted to participate, as, direct and continued interactions with bands I love, has created some awkward situations.

So did NIN post this, or was it a member of the discord? And this was part of.the Queen of the Damned portion?

Jokes aside, it's Quote of the Day? Or Question of.the Day?
    Yes it was an early question of the day, so that picture came directly from a discord admin. Given the amount of involvement from the band in the first few weeks it's a safe bet TR or Kraw came up with the question. The band doesn't seem to be on as much anymore. The biggest difference is it's almost entirely stream of consciousness, better than Facebook but the main threads aren't for archival purposes and there's a good bit of circular discussion.

I'm not familiar with the Queen of the Damned portion. Was that part of the unofficial discord?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    I'm not familiar with the Queen of the Damned portion. Was that part of the unofficial discord?
    i wouldn't know shit about any discord, aside from the general existential horror i've felt, pretty much every day of my life: that's what brought me HERE :P

Queen of the Damned is the third, and imho, best book of Miss Anne Rice's 15 Vampire Chronicles.
    Being a man who's read 29 or 30 of Anne's books, starting at age ten... when i see QOTD, i don't think Question or Quote of the Day.
    I think Queen of the Damned.
    You can thank your god or hail your satan, that NIN wasn't involved in the godawful film "adaptation" of QOTD.
    And, god help us, i'm surprised that they weren't: the '02 soundtrack included Marilyn Manson, Orgy, Korn, Static X...fucking Tricky and Kidneytheives ffs.

sorry for drift.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Martin Atkins opens an Museum of Industrial Rock in Chicago. NIN, Ministry, Pigface, etc... memorabilia from his time.

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/19/11499...dustrial-music

Appointment only, more details here: https://www.facebook.com/PPIMChicago
    Last edited by virushopper; 01-22-2023 at 06:35 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Newly announced game "HI-FI RUSH" will have Nine Inch Nails music.

(And Zwan! weird!)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    Newly announced game "HI-FI RUSH" will have Nine Inch Nails music.

(And Zwan! weird!)
    The way it reads it seems like it will be already released tracks and not anything new for the game itself.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    The way it reads it seems like it will be already released tracks and not anything new for the game itself.
    You're correct. Word on Reddit is that it's Spoiler: 1,000,000, but maybe there are multiple songs?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    You're correct. Word on Reddit is that it's Spoiler: 1,000,000, but maybe there are multiple songs?
    Confirmed, as I just beat the first boss and was pleasantly surprised to hear it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Apparently Spoiler: The Perfect Drug is in there as well, or at least it's on the playlist Bethesda posted on Spotify.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Casey Taylor is an Appalachian phenotype
    dude's got some issues to work out, wow. "Dammit Trent you should be talking about ancient family history all the time! I hate you! you're not my dad!"
    pri·mo·gen·i·ture
    [ˌprīmōˈjenəˌCHər, ˌprīmōˈjenəˌCHo͝or]
    NOUN
    the state of being the firstborn child.
    the right of succession belonging to the firstborn child, especially the feudal rule by which the whole real estate of an intestate passed to the eldest son.
    Firstly, I'm pretty sure there are bands that predate NIN in this regard but secondly I'm shocked at the number of $5 words in this article for, ahem, Ohio.

Last edited by allegate; 01-30-2023 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cringeworthy. The article references Trent, NIN and Nothing Records all by name.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/marilyn-manson-sued-sexual-assault-minor-1234670671/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dead Rabbit View Post
    Cringeworthy. The article references Trent, NIN and Nothing Records all by name.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/marilyn-manson-sued-sexual-assault-minor-1234670671/
    Not just the article, but the lawsuit. If you find this stuff icky and don't want to read the article, basically the lawsuit alleges that the labels and heads of the labels are complicit by giving Manson a platform with which to perform the abuse.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I saw that that woman at the center of this case alleges that Chris Vrenna started dating her when she turned 18, after Manson had started his abuse of her when she was 16. Oh boy. If true, Vrenna was under the age of 30 I believe when they may have started dating. Not the worst thing we've ever read in this realm, but not a great look either.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Trent's name only mentioned as the one who signed Manson to Nothing records. The actual lawsuit is all about Brian Warner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Trent's name only mentioned as the one who signed Manson to Nothing records. The actual lawsuit is all about Brian Warner.
    Nothing Records and Interscope are listed as defendants in the lawsuit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As a lighthearted counterpunch to what was shared yesterday, I offer:

https://thehardtimes.net/music/repor...o-as-children/