Page 53 of 241 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I hope when it leaks, it's watermarked with Trent occasionally screaming "FISTFUCK" every few minutes.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    Actually, we're just 2 weeks away from the earliest release date in the world. So let's just move past that argument. And let's start a pool on when we think it will leak or stream, whichever you think will come first.

I say a leak will happen on Tuesday, August 27th.
    Leak will definitely be first, but the stream will be so quickly thereafter that to most people who don't pay super close attention to those kind of things, it will seem like the stream is first. That's pretty much the way it is in modern music. I don't think the artists want to stream the record early, they want you to hear it the way it was meant to be heard (the date has nothing to do with the "way it was meant to be heard," just to clarify - but the experience, with the album and artwork and your stereo setup of choice, etc.). But the reality is that things almost always get leaked so the stream is a response to the leak and they have the stream all ready to go for when that time inevitably comes.

At least, that's my understanding of how it works. And now you just read it on the internet (courtesy of me) so it must be true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroisGreg View Post
    Not drum machines and happy synth blips and cymbal ticks. (next nin album name?).

And yet you claim to have liked Pretty Hate Machine?

Additionally, did you just hate tracks like La Mer?

Everything we've heard off Hesitation Marks would fit in quite well with pretty much any of the rest of NIN's albums.

What the hell about any of these songs strikes you as particularly cheerful?

Posts like this baffle me.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I figured something happened with the leak today, Trent put a meme picture up on Instagram of the quote "Some People Are Cunts" next to Cat in the Hat and the ETS servers were like crazy down when I got home from work....I had dinner plans after work so I was all bummed that I was missing out on some fun!

Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Also, that crash had me refreshing hasitleaked constantly. GAH.
    Same here!

I think the record is being hyped pretty well, I mean shit...as far as social media trends go, "Copy of A" was trending this week. That's pretty great! I think the only record this year that was truly HYPED was Daft Punk's album...and there was so much of that going on that people either got sick of it or expectations were incredibly high.

I'm sure if a video for "Everything" comes out, we'll see some more NIN talk too...
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 08-15-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    COME OOOONNNNN. I NEED THE TRACKS, MAAAAN! By this weekend would be stellar. Seriously. You've got probably a hundred thousand preorders. Cough it up, bitches.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Wow. Lot's of advertising today on several sites I go to. I know my browsing history and favourites flag me as a NIN fan... but wow. Youtube especially.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Hesitation Marks is being distributed by Columbia. As was Welcome oblivion and the new Daft Punk album.

Both were streamed before a leak was able to happen. Something happened with the Daft Punk album where it was accidentally put up in a downloadable state, on iTunes, ahead of time, but it still was only streamed before any form of CD rip came along, as well as Welcome oblivion. Stream rips floated around but a proper CD release came later.

I doubt they're going to go the Pitchfork Advance route with Hesitation Marks because NIN is too big a name for it. They'll probably do a iTunes stream, just like Daft Punk and other bands such as Foo Fighters and the Red Hot Chili Peppers have done.

That'll probably be... August 25? I wouldn't expect anything before then.

But, the album is out in Europe and Australia on the 30th, so someone might cop a copy of it early next week, or clean label promos might start going out.

TL;DR: Wait another week you pussies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Hesitation Marks is being distributed by Columbia. As was Welcome oblivion and the new Daft Punk album.

Both were streamed before a leak was able to happen. Something happened with the Daft Punk album where it was accidentally put up in a downloadable state, on iTunes, ahead of time, but it still was only streamed before any form of CD rip came along, as well as Welcome oblivion. Stream rips floated around but a proper CD release came later.

I doubt they're going to go the Pitchfork Advance route with Hesitation Marks because NIN is too big a name for it. They'll probably do a iTunes stream, just like Daft Punk and other bands such as Foo Fighters and the Red Hot Chili Peppers have done.

But, the album is out in Europe and Australia on the 30th, so someone might cop a copy of it early next week, or clean label promos might start going out.

But I don't wanna! D:

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

You learn something new everyday. I thought the HTDA stream was in response to a leak. Either way, if leaks weren't so common place, I still don't think it would have happened.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Also if it's being released in other countries on the 30th, then it will definitely be on the internet before Made in America, so there's still the chance of an extra song or two making it's way into the setlist. I won't be expecting it, but I won't be completely shocked if it happens either.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

In the words of Dennis Reynolds--I can jump on board with that!
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-15-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'd expect the stream to go up either the 20th or more likely the 27th.
    EDIT: Unless it leaks first, in which case it'll go up almost immediately after the leak. Though it seems many leaks are actually just stream rips these days.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Well, I for one, keep checking every time I go into a store that sells CDs. Unlikely, but worth the look. Of course, if I found it, I wouldn't want to be known as the guy who leaked it, so I would just taunt you with it....

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Of course, if I found it, I wouldn't want to be known as the guy who leaked it
    Why not? I would!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Why not? I would!
    Two reasons.
    1. I get the strong feeling that Trent would rather the album not be leaked and have people experience it with the CD, artwork, etc. And since I have a lot of respect for the man, I'd rather not go against his wishes with his work.
    2. While it's rare, it's not completely impossible that if the RIAA wants to make a case of something, the guy who initially uploaded something is the guy who gets in the shitton of trouble. Very rare and unlikely to be sure, but still not worth the risk if I already have the CD anyway and you don't.

None of that is worth the fleeting thrill of internet fame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I hope when it leaks, it's watermarked with Trent occasionally screaming "FISTFUCK" every few minutes.
    If it isn't im kicking trents ass!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I think the only record this year that was truly HYPED was Daft Punk's album...and there was so much of that going on that people either got sick of it or expectations were incredibly high.
    I'd say QOTSA's album was pretty hyped too with all the videos etc beforehand, lots of song snippets around prior to the album coming out, televised live performances of a third of the album prior to release.

I personally see the video being for Copy of A, as it's just been released as a single, but then I don't really understand singles these days! I want b-sides too!!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    You learn something new everyday. I thought the HTDA stream was in response to a leak. Either way, if leaks weren't so common place, I still don't think it would have happened.
    Yeah, I thought it was leaked too, then the streams came after.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

... BRkn, Fxd,CTGod ... WithaT, Tslip, GHST ... CopA, FMway, Disap
    Whoever taught you how to abbreviate things should apologise to everyone here.

Go get them. We'll wait.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    You all suck.

I had manage to forget that this was coming out soon. I totally thought it was too far to worry about.

With all this leak begging... now I'm checking for it constantly and hoping it comes out before my coming road trip.

My serenity has been disrupted.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    We offer our sincere apologies and wish you a happy listening experience when it does take a leak.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Serenity now!

(pretend that was written in all caps since apparently ETS auto corrects shouting)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm just a copy of a puppy I like coffee...

This gets stuck in my head

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Good to know I wasn't the only maniac checking hasitleaked after the site downage.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I have just found out that Hesitation Marks will be released in Europe by Universal Music.
    I contacted Sony Music Hungary and I was told that Sony won't release any NIN materieal in Europe as UM will do it. WTF?
    They also sent me a Deezer link of CBH where Universal is listed as the label: http://www.deezer.com/hu/album/6658906

Have any of you already known about this? After all the complaining in 2007... Unexpected.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Quote Originally Posted by myrdd79 View Post

This gets stuck in my head
    This is now stuck in my head, thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, let's see... I've dug PHM, BRkn, Fxd, TDS, TF, TPG, CTGod, other singles, TFA, YZ, WithaT, Tslip, GHST (not exactly in this order). So, it looks like HM is gonna be skipped after listening to CBH, CopA, FMway, Disap thinking this is pretty much it. This is how the album will sound. It's always funny to me when I read comments from someone saying "hey, didn't think much of it but then I played it the 15th time and now it's growing on me" or "man, this is meh...oh wait, it will sound better somehow when it's in context"...pfffft. I don't want to be happy. I want pain, drilling guitars, heavy shit. Not drum machines and happy synth blips and cymbal ticks. (next nin album name?).
    Well that sucks for you. Where are the drilling guitars on PHM? The chorus of head like a hole and maybe one of two more at most. So far we have it on CBH, and I love that distinctive nin guitar used in it. Belew and Buckingham both play guitar, so there must be some somewhere. I didnt like the fragile right at first and it took about 2 weeks to sink in. I wanted TDS part 2 and it was no where near that. But now TF is my favorite album, by far. "NIN isnt who it used to be" But i agree, yes you should stop listening, now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Typical NIN fan reaction. Hears 2 studio tracks and 2 live tracks out of 14, dismisses the album entirely.

I can't wait to hear it in its entirety. So far, I must say Copy of A is stuck in my head more than Came Back Haunted was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by myrdd79 View Post
    and i can`t stop myself from keep hearing:

Why all the change of heart? You need a pa-per

go listen, it`s just there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    has anyone tried to cancel their order with the official store?

I've sent a couple of emails with no reply but I'd rather get it from Amazon to avoid customs charges