Page 241 of 241 FirstFirst ... 141 191 231 239 240 241
Results 7,201 to 7,217 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Came Back Haunted is my wife’s most hated NIN song to this day.
    My wife likes Only and Copy of A, but she HATES Shit Mirror (she likes to make fun of the name, too) and the ending of The Background World.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ecirb View Post
    I have Disappointed in lossless if anyone is interested. Would love to get a hold of HLAH in lossless as well if anyone out there has it.
    looking around I was able to seek them both out.

*winkwink*

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I still simply love this album. I feel like the art direction was a little gimmicky, with the multiple covers and the comprehensive TDS callbacks that permeated every part of the album's visuals, but what ultimately matters is the music, and I feel like the vibe of this album remains really interesting and distinct from the rest of the discography. Year Zero's probably the closest considering the emphasis on electronic elements, but even then, Year Zero's a really dour album, and HM just...isn't, I guess? It's not like it's a happy, upbeat record, but I think it's the least oppressive-feeling NIN album in that regard, and I really jive with that feeling. Copy of a, All Time Low, VMOE, While I'm Still Here...all classics, in my book. Can't believe it's been ten years...

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Happy birthday, HM!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Ten years since Everything!? Time flies. Just over a year since it’s live debut though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Okay, you convinced me to listen to it again today on the kinda loud side... I still my opinion about it as posted a decade ago.

I'm on All Time Low right now... really vibin' with it.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Man. 10 years for this one feels crazy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    this album came out at a tumultuous point in my life, so it barbs occasionally on relistens, but goddamn if it wasn’t my favourite for a while. will have a dove today too

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    this album came out at a tumultuous point in my life, so it barbs occasionally on relistens, but goddamn if it wasn’t my favourite for a while. will have a dove today too
    Same, I was at the tail end of a 14 year relationship with my ex, and I was in a really dark place. Stuck in an apartment I couldn't afford and a dead end job. Just generally miserable, trying to ignore the world with video games.

Things are much, much better now. I have really moved on with my life. It's been a long time since I've given this a compleat listen, I think I'll do just that today.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I still like the album, and I'm glad it helped pave the way for what became the EP trilogy.

Oh, and I still like Everything.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I was 17 when it was announced that NIN was back and a new album was coming.

Although I already enjoyed the 'industrial' ecosystem for years, it was a time that I was more of a "wannabe-in-the-80's hard rock" teenager that was slowly changing to a somehow "goth" or whatever you wanna call it. My wardrobe went almost all black and the sneakers gave their place to leather boots lol.

Still loving this album btw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love Hesitation Marks so much. Even songs that I didn't like that much like Disappointed and Everything sound so good to me now. I feel like no NIN album has as many layers going on as this one (I'm know I'm probably wrong about that but you know what I mean).

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Bonkers it's been a decade since the last real NIN album.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I think there was some discussion a few years back about Bad Witch being a real album, and something about an entire cock.

But semantics aside, yeah, I'd love a new hour of songs with vocals!

On topic: HM took a bit to grow on me, but now I love all the layers and rhythms and grooves. Everything still rips, and it's always ripped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just noticed the Trent Reznor In Conversation With... track is on Spotify (in the UK, at least). Don't recall having seen it there before.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I'm running out of ways to keep on hiding this
    I'm running out of places I can hide from this

*chik-chew—chick-chew* … and so on.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by explodey View Post
    Just noticed the Trent Reznor In Conversation With... track is on Spotify (in the UK, at least). Don't recall having seen it there before.
    It was mentioned earlier that it appears that a 10-year distribution deal for the album with Columbia Records had recently expired, and so Hesitation Marks was reissued on all the digital services directly by Null Corp, and they went with the Deluxe Edition with all the bonus tracks. This also fixed digital availability in regions that previously had issues with it like Canada.