find a place with the failed and fageeeeehn
    I actually meant "there is a pla I can go.."

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri. View Post
    Direct link for the lazy : http://instagram.com/p/bDSNjUKjaR
    Sounds familiar. And good.
    Fantastic, thanks. Reminds me of the HTDA snippets they posted prior to the first ep. I still recall those vids whenever I hear the bassy bit in bbb. Which reminds me I never mapped the ghost teaser vids to ghosts songs.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    I actually meant "there is a pla I can go.."
    Aren't 'pla' and 'place' the same amount of syllables?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri. View Post
    Direct link for the lazy : http://instagram.com/p/bDSNjUKjaR
    Sounds familiar. And good.
    Sounds like Pino playing in this clip.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Man... Some of you are deaf and don't know the lyrics.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I have a similar arp sequence programmed into my Roland SH-201. I'm a fan of arp! If this is legit then I can't wait to hear!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ensanchecedor View Post
    Well...forget about cortini videos, adrian belew just posted sth on his facebook wall, a new, apparently bitter song about someone with a heart like a hole. I feel there's gonna be a lil gossip about this in the next months.
    You think he was smack talking TR? That would be kinda f-ed up, considering he quotes TR on his home page:

"Adrian Belew is the most awesome musician in the world."
    -Trent Reznor
    http://www.adrianbelew.net/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oh my god "it" happened. I was wondering if it would and it did : I dreamed I went to see NIN in concert and he played new songs!! It was ok, but I was so happy. I went on listening to the bootlegs.

More than 2 months to go....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
    You think he was smack talking TR? That would be kinda f-ed up, considering he quotes TR on his home page:

"Adrian Belew is the most awesome musician in the world."
    -Trent Reznor
    http://www.adrianbelew.net/

either malign or kinda stupid.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So here's the quote:

"yesterday we finished a new song. the words are:

somewhere
    in the dark of night
    I know you must feel something,
    something isn't right
    a heart like a hole
    that let's in no light...

the vocal is followed by a massive onslaught meant to be the musical equivalent of a descent through hell. a giant horror of a sound created in the "magic closet" full of pedals.
    as with many of the FLUX songs, this one is short but it makes its point!"

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Adria...764994?fref=ts

Love how some of the posters seem to think it's written from a NIN-is-teh-awesome-POV.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    ^ Sounds like Mr. Belew is confusing his metaphors.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    What's the over/under on this getting a release in 5.1, Blu or DVD?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    if they were going to do it, it would have been part of the DE that they're releasing. i doubt it's going to happen. : /

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    http://betterwithraptors.tumblr.com/...as-calmed-down

This person has claimed to have heard the album. I asked them about it and they said they got sent a link to download it. I'm calling bullshit though.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post

This person has claimed to have heard the album. I asked them about it and they said they got sent a link to download it. I'm calling bullshit though.
    It does seem odd that a random tumblr user would be given a link to the album before Pitchfork, COS, SUE, or any of the more established music sites. That said, I think it would be funny if a bunch of folks created faux reviews of the album (positive, negative, and ambivalent) to see what Columbia's response would be. I assume they would want to assert more control and begin to get legit reviews in circulation.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    It does seem odd that a random tumblr user would be given a link to the album before Pitchfork, COS, SUE, or any of the more established music sites. That said, I think it would be funny if a bunch of folks created faux reviews of the album (positive, negative, and ambivalent) to see what Columbia's response would be. I assume they would want to assert more control and begin to get legit reviews in circulation.
    There's no way this kid has the album. He put such an ambiguous description of the album with no real teeth behind it, just a blanket statement that he's clearly talking out his ass. I feel like there's this bizarre smear campaign with old era NIN fans because NIN isn't angry and goth anymore so they feel necessary to slam NIN's reputation any chance they get. Starting to get annoying.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Poll-but-not-an-official-poll: Which track do you think will sound the most epic or will be the most highly praised?

I'm going with Satellite just from the title. I usually suck at these predictions, mind.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post

Whether they heard it or not, they also have no idea about Nine Inch Nails. With Teeth, Year Zero, and Ghosts I-IV are nothing alike sonically.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Poll-but-not-an-official-poll: Which track do you think will sound the most epic or will be the most highly praised?

I'm going with Satellite just from the title. I usually suck at these predictions, mind.
    All Time Low! It's quite long and [explicit], so either it's Closer Pt. 2 or some really angry piece of music.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Imagine if "All Time Low" actually featured All Time Low.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    There's no way this kid has the album. He put such an ambiguous description of the album with no real teeth behind it, just a blanket statement that he's clearly talking out his ass. I feel like there's this bizarre smear campaign with old era NIN fans because NIN isn't angry and goth anymore so they feel necessary to slam NIN's reputation any chance they get. Starting to get annoying.

Untrue, been a fan since PHM and I like NIN's new stuff just as much as his old stuff.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
    Untrue, been a fan since PHM and I like NIN's new stuff just as much as his old stuff.
    I also can claim similar. I misworded it. There are a lot of old NIN fans doing this, I feel.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No offense here, but that's kind of a dumb assumption to make :/ I've been a fan since TDS and I do bash new TR stuff I don't like. BUT I also praise the hell out of what I love. Perhaps I'm being too optimistic in thinking that the majority of old school NIN fans know better than to just bash a musician simply because they're not in the same creative state they were 20 years ago.

Being real here, the man still needs time to make the pop tunes work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember when the fragile came out and there was so many people bashing it because it wasn't like TDS or Broken.......I always kinda thought that was the point with NIN....? I mean I remember seeing the videos for down in it and head like a hole.....then I saw wish.

It was like 2 completely different worlds, still joined together by the creative mind behind it. NiN is still as angry as Trent was 20+ years ago.
    (I don't think he ever got over his cameo in light of day) And goth? well. I guess, I never viewed nin as goth....the broken movie doesn't really strike me as "goth"

None the less I have a feeling that I have nothing to worry about for this album, why? Because its NIN.
    Last edited by W.O.R.M; 07-01-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W.O.R.M View Post
    I remember when the fragile came out and there was so many people bashing it because it wasn't like TDS or Broken.......I always kinda thought that was the point with NIN....? I mean I remember seeing the videos for down in it and head like a hole.....then I saw wish.

It was like 2 completely different worlds, still joined together by the creative mind behind it. NiN is still as angry as Trent was 20+ years ago.
    (I don't think he ever got over his cameo in light of day) And goth? well. I guess, I never viewed nin as goth....the broken movie doesn't really strike me as "goth"

None the less I have a feeling that I have nothing to worry about for this album, why? Because its NIN.
    Yep, Never viewed NIN as goth, always industrial.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    "The Eater of Dreams" is a badass title. And "Various Methods of Escape" is promising too, I think, though I hope that's an instrumental. I can't really imagine that title appearing in a chorus.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    "The Eater of Dreams" is a badass title. And "Various Methods of Escape" is promising too, I think, though I hope that's an instrumental. I can't really imagine that title appearing in a chorus.

I agree. Don't forget though that Trent is capable of squeezing anything cheesy in between the Ohs! and Ehyo's!

"Eyo, Various methods of escape! yeah! wow! Oh!"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    "Eyo, Various methods of escape! yeah! wow! Oh!"
    [A_WITH_AH_TEETH_UH], MMMMMmmmmmbuh!, AWAYYT!!1

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I remember when I turned on the subtitles for BYIT and it read "AND WITH THE TEETH". I lost it.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    "Heyyyyyy! Copy of aaaaa!"