Page 206 of 241 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 216 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,180 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I think I figured out Black Noise. In While I'm Still Here, Trent found out yesterday that the world was ending. But today he found out that it was not in fact the day the world went away and that the guy who told him the world was ending was actually a quack who made that prediction three other times and just sold a lot of books off of it. So Black Noise is just Trent facepalming himself.

Does that sound about right?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I think I figured out Black Noise. In While I'm Still Here, Trent found out yesterday that the world was ending. But today he found out that it was not in fact the day the world went away and that the guy who told him the world was ending was actually a quack who made that prediction three other times and just sold a lot of books off of it. So Black Noise is just Trent facepalming himself.

Does that sound about right?
    It sounds like Everything (Autolux remix).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have to say, and this may be premature but I don't care, I haven't loved an album like this since The Downward Spiral and the Fragile clicked for me respectively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    "my opportunity to review a new nine inch nails record had passed me before i had the opportunity"

what?

edit: also, why the fuck is he wearing sunglasses?
    Because clearly he's going for the Comic Book Guy meets Howard Stern look. Duh.

I watched one minute of it.... at :55 he almost says "Nine Inch MALES" but catches himself. rofl Freudian slip much, brother?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I start to like Everything at about 0.32, before that nah!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got my Hastings order today

Looking at the price tags, I'm blown away I paid $1.49 for each.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by accelestar View Post
    Got my Hastings order today

Looking at the price tags, I'm blown away I paid $1.49 for each.
    Lucky bastard, I wish I jumped on that when I could have.
    Last edited by Ichiro; 09-06-2013 at 08:36 PM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    I start to like Everything at about 0.32, before that nah!
    We need an acceptance-meter for Everything, 0 being the initial hate outburst, and 100 represents the state when your mind and body accepts that it's the best piece of art Trent Reznor has ever created under the NIN label, and should get a Nobel-prize for it. Category doesn't matter, it's Everything, after all.

Am I the only one, who feels that currently the most controversial material on the new album is actually Running?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I thought it was the best remix by FAR out of the 4 i've heard.
    In fact I think it's the only one worth putting on this release.
    I like it too. But I still like the GBPO remix of While I'm Still Here the best (of the remixes).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr9inchnail View Post
    every time I search on amazon.ca I only see the non import.
    It shows up if you google hesitation marks vinyl amazon.ca I believe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Has anybody ever read the long ass interpretation of The Downward Spiral on NINterpretations? Well, I just spent almost 2 hours typing out my interpretation of Hesitation Marks if listened to as a concept album, and I think it actually works well. Now, my theory isn't nearly as good as the NINterpretation, but I still sort of like my theory. If anybody wants to read it, where would be a good place to post it? (Probably way too long to post on here.)

EDIT: I posted it here! http://joynson.tumblr.com/
    Last edited by Trent1995; 09-06-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    You could start a thread here and break it up into multiple posts. Copy and paste it into the thread so it will all show up before anyone has the chance to break it up. Or in the first post ask people to hold off posting until you're done. Each post as a song or group of songs (I say that because I don't know how long it actually is so which would be a better way to break it up). One nice thing about posting here is that you can get some feedback from other people. You might not agree with everyone but I'm sure there will be at least one post that will make you say "I hadn't thought of that." Ultimately though any post would be nothing more than suggestions since the only way you'd be wrong is if you posted something completely bonkers or if Trent himself told him you were wrong (and even then it depends on how you view authorial intent).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    You could start a thread here and break it up into multiple posts. Copy and paste it into the thread so it will all show up before anyone has the chance to break it up. Or in the first post ask people to hold off posting until you're done. Each post as a song or group of songs (I say that because I don't know how long it actually is so which would be a better way to break it up). One nice thing about posting here is that you can get some feedback from other people. You might not agree with everyone but I'm sure there will be at least one post that will make you say "I hadn't thought of that." Ultimately though any post would be nothing more than suggestions since the only way you'd be wrong is if you posted something completely bonkers or if Trent himself told him you were wrong (and even then it depends on how you view authorial intent).
    I posted it on Tumble. I will admit that its not great, but its the best I could come up with at least. Its not nearly as good as you'd expect but its something.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiro View Post
    There's going to be a remix album?
    Considering that almost every NIN album has one, and this one in particular is musically ripe for one... it's damn near guaranteed. All those fat, danceable beats and ocean of crazy background sounds is practically begging for one.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I thought it was the best remix by FAR out of the 4 i've heard.
    In fact I think it's the only one worth putting on this release.
    You're actually joking, right?
    It felt like a remixing novice had 45 minutes to put together a trippy remix, and just threw vocals over a bunch of random, bland beats and randomly selected from the preset effect menu. I don't think I detected a single emotion in there. Like, not one. :/

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Transfixed View Post
    Considering that almost every NIN album has one, and this one in particular is musically ripe for one... it's damn near guaranteed. All those fat, danceable beats and ocean of crazy background sounds is practically begging for one.
    If "almost every NIN album" means four out of nine, then sure.

I think Trent is just tired of the traditional "remix album" format. The TSN remix EP never happened, the HTDA remixes were all released for free on Soundcloud, and the Welcome oblivion remix contest didn't go anywhere. Year Zero got a remix album, but that felt more like a way to escape Interscope than a real effort to make a remix album.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent1995 View Post
    I posted it on Tumble. I will admit that its not great, but its the best I could come up with at least. Its not nearly as good as you'd expect but its something.
    Link?

ten characters.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineismine View Post
    Seconded , and goth is dead as is metal. Good bye now.
    Nope. Staying right here, thank you. Album kicks ass, by the way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamelion View Post
    There's also that footage of Trent on bass in the rehearsal room for The Fragile - Just Like You Imagined, I think. That's a really interesting look at the structure of the song.

Don't forget that he's playing it as well on AATCHB DVD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After *** listens , this is something else ppl.trent has evolved and im sure in the future he will evolve back,i'm so happy this album got released.

i think we can all agree that this album isn't heavy,but i head influences fro radiohead ,massive attack,tricky,the knife etc..

i always thought that NIN had 3 amazing albums being PHM,TDS,TF...i added a fourth to my list,i like wt and yz , ts not so much but HM is a masterpiece..

my only regret is everything.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Any news on Everything video?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    If "almost every NIN album" means four out of nine, then sure.

I think Trent is just tired of the traditional "remix album" format. The TSN remix EP never happened, the HTDA remixes were all released for free on Soundcloud, and the Welcome oblivion remix contest didn't go anywhere. Year Zero got a remix album, but that felt more like a way to escape Interscope than a real effort to make a remix album.
    And somehow despite that was a really good album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastentrance View Post
    Any news on Everything video?
    The only thing I am aware of is the brief mention somewhere, I don't remember where, that it was supposed to be out this week. Going by NIN history, you can't ever count on a video release. Sometimes there are editing issues (We're in this Together Now, where TR had to re-edit it), other times TR doesn't like the video enough to make it public.

From a marketing standpoint, they really needed to get a new video out around this time. The Lynch video, which I liked, was also extremely noncommercial. TR readily does print interviews, and a couple radio interviews, but any type of television presence has been nil because NIN has never appeared on mainstream talk shows. I understand why Trent does this, but since MTV stopped playing music there is no longer a television outlet to promote NIN. Those Internet ads for HM helped to raise awareness, but more was really needed for this new album to be exposed to people other than those who were already into NIN. The most commercial song on HM, Satellite, hasn't even been released as a promo single. If that song had Justin Timberlake's name on it, there is a good chance it would be a top 5 hit on the pop chart. I know TR doesn't give a damn about "pop," but it would significantly raise the awareness level for HM, which it really deserves. If I was a marketing exec. at Sony, I would have suggested that TR release a promo single of Satellite, with the album version and a version with Timberlake on vocals.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I'm back in Canada, visiting family and friends. I'm going to check the local Walmart to see if they have a copy of the deluxe version.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    I'm back in Canada, visiting family and friends. I'm going to check the local Walmart to see if they have a copy of the deluxe version.
    If they don't, Best Buy or Futureshop most likely will... and both of them have online stock checkers for stores around you based on your postal code.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    The fact that we're going on almost two weeks since this record leaked and a week that it's shown up in stores, this is just making me realize how fast this year is flying by. I can remember I started at my new job the week Trent announced a new album was on it's way...and now the summer's over and we've got Hesitation Marks already.

I'm someone that likes to surround and bury himself in all kinds of new music so I'm always downloading new stuff and checking out stuff when I can but I find myself still getting lost in Hesitation Marks all the time, it's all I want to listen to still.

I keep hearing people say that "Everything" feels like a break in the album before it picks back up into "Satellite"...I actually think I disagree with that and it's probably still one of my favorite tracks off the record. I love the ending because as Trent said it turns into this almost melancholy self-reflection piece and the music just continues to soar with all of these layers. I think it's a fantastic and very emotional track. That being said with how much I love the ending, if that last couple moments of the song had been extended into this longer piece...I wonder how controversial it would've been had "Everything" been the last track of the album?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    We need an acceptance-meter for Everything, 0 being the initial hate outburst, and 100 represents the state when your mind and body accepts that it's the best piece of art Trent Reznor has ever created under the NIN label, and should get a Nobel-prize for it. Category doesn't matter, it's Everything, after all.

Am I the only one, who feels that currently the most controversial material on the new album is actually Running?
    Ehhhh I'm not sure how to wrap my mind around it. The lyrics keep feeling kinda trite and a little...forced or something. Repeating that same line "I'm running out of places I can hide from this..." over and over just starts to seem like something Jonathan Davis would do in a lame Korn track. I don't know, it has a weird cliche, eye-rolling feel to it. BUT - the music totally redeems all of that, because it's badass and the use of that stuttering, curving, 'pluck' sound that comes in every 16 beats is one of the coolest things on the album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I kind of feel like the point is that it breaks up the mood. It seems like an obvious turning point on the album.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I really think the second half is much better and more my cup of tea. I do like "copy of a" and "came back haunted". I think "find my way" should have been a HTDA track (but I like it.) "disappointed" is my least favorite track followed closely by "everything." The 10,11,12,13 run is really solid for me, "running" and "in two" I think are excellent. I'd have liked to have what I assume is Lindsay Buckingham's guitar work in "in two" a little higher in the mix and for the break back into chaos after the calmer section to be even more intense.

I'd have made the last two tracks into one, since they essentially are and it just works easier on digital media (which TR embraces.) I also would have left off the opener. It's kind of a NIN cliche to have that intro, building-noise track and it would have been cooler to break that tradition, i think.

i also really like the 2nd and 3rd demo tracks in the itunes interview.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Where the hell is the "Everything" music video?