Page 191 of 241 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,730 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by accelestar View Post
    I can't tell if I actually hear a difference in the audiophile version or I just convinced myself I do. Sounds more... separated, I guess?

I got these big-ass "Beats Pro" headphones as a gift, and I have no idea how good they are for picking up slight differences in sound. Probably have to give it a few more listens.
    No experience myself but I've heard that the Beats headphones aren't great on quality. They do however emphasise the low end (perhaps too much) so you may hear the differences between the standard and audiophile masters prominently on the Beats phones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been listening to the Audiophile version with the new Beats Studios (that are amazing quality by the way). The Audiophile version although not dramatically different, certainly has a lot more space. The layers in each track seem to be spread further apart. A lot of aspects of the tracks seem to be quieter than when listened to in the regular mix, but not to the point where it reduces enjoyment. I would say if you have some decent headphones then it's a really immersive experience listening to the Audiophile version, much more than the standard mix. But if you're just listening to it in the car or through computer speakers, you'll be better listening to the standard mix.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Came back to work and the DE was waiting for me. I think the booklet is glorious, absolutely love the colour scheme/palette used through out the artwork. Stunning, I may need to pick up a second copy!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I think the Audiophile version sounded really good (Apple Lossless, good pair of headphones). Certain parts of the album had less bite but the trade (to me) felt like I could make out more detail during the noisier sections, like the climaxes of certain songs. I couldn't feel any difference in the low-end but that might be something noticed more on speakers than headphones. I definitely felt less ear fatigue, which was nice.

I really liked it. I look forward to seeing more reactions. Especially from you crazy audio experts.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    You "deserve" the CDs and records you already paid for. It's a one-to-one transaction.

The audiophile version is available at nin.com for $12.00
    it is included in any media/edition purchase from nin.com so don't tell me I don't deserve it. How many people are asking for the bonus japan track. I'm sure you have and will dl nin tracks you don't have that aren't included in your version. If it was a actual physical cd It wouldn't have bothered me. So stop being a douchebag about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't tell if I actually hear a difference in the audiophile version or I just convinced myself I do. Sounds more... separated, I guess?

I got these big-ass "Beats Pro" headphones as a gift, and I have no idea how good they are for picking up slight differences in sound. Probably have to give it a few more listens.
    Quote Originally Posted by eonphi View Post
    I've been listening to the Audiophile version with the new Beats Studios (that are amazing quality by the way). The Audiophile version although not dramatically different, certainly has a lot more space. The layers in each track seem to be spread further apart. A lot of aspects of the tracks seem to be quieter than when listened to in the regular mix, but not to the point where it reduces enjoyment. I would say if you have some decent headphones then it's a really immersive experience listening to the Audiophile version, much more than the standard mix. But if you're just listening to it in the car or through computer speakers, you'll be better listening to the standard mix.
    lol Beats

Anyway I'm so curious to hear the audiophile version (and a good quality vinyl rip). I'd buy it right now if I could, but I'm broke.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    it is included in any media/edition purchase from nin.com so don't tell me I don't deserve it. How many people are asking for the bonus japan track. I'm sure you have and will dl nin tracks you don't have that aren't included in your version. If it was a actual physical cd It wouldn't have bothered me. So stop being a douchebag about it
    Then go download the Audiophile Mastered Version somewhere and stop whining. What people are saying in here is only that they're not going to provide you with an illegal download. Jesus Christ, at least hold off your misplaced sense of entitlement till after release day. It's probably all over TPB by tomorrow anyway, if not earlier.

Consider that the AMV might also have been devised as an incentive for people to buy the album at NIN.com so Trent gets a bigger cut of the money.
    Last edited by Fred; 09-03-2013 at 06:33 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I agree with this. Like I have said before, how fucking many versions do I need to buy?? Because I buy somewhere other than NIN.com, I get penalized?? I bought every physical version, and now I have to spend another $12 for a god damned download. It is not a matter of the money... it is more like we are paying for Trent's planned retirement by buying a copy of a copy of a copy of copy...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing View Post
    I agree with this. Like I have said before, how fucking many versions do I need to buy?? Because I buy somewhere other than NIN.com, I get penalized?? I bought every physical version, and now I have to spend another $12 for a god damned download. It is not a matter of the money... it is more like we are paying for Trent's planned retirement by buying a copy of a copy of a copy of copy...
    Thats what I'm saying. I already spent $130 on 5 different covers. Why do I need to spend more. It wasnt anounced till last week about the audiophile.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just got through listening to the audiophile version. Subwoofer really picks up some hefty bass tones down in the mix, and the various elements are crystal clear. Great take on the album

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    Thats what I'm saying. I already spent $130 on 5 different covers. Why do I need to spend more. It wasnt anounced till last week about the audiophile.
    or another way of saying that is "You've already spent $130 on 5 different covers. What's $12 more?"

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    The problem being :
    1 : how the hell is nin.com supposed to track all the orders you've made on totally different sites and decide you should have the audiophile track from theirs ?
    2 : giving the audiophile version away would basically be that : giving the album away for free to everyone
    3 : adding the audiophile version along with each version would represent a huge cost, concerning the physical releases.

I get what you mean, but I don't see how they could have done it otherwise.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing View Post
    To be honest, if you thought that nin.com wouldn't have some form of exclusives added then it's kind of your own fault. I thought the DE would be exclusive to there, which is why I went for it, but I decided to keep my order with them since I assumed something else would come. Early access to the singles and the audiophile version was worth it .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Listening to lossless audiophile on a pair of Ultimate ears (non pro non custom) - I don't know dick about proper audiophile terminology, but as someone mentioned earlier definitely more "spacious". Not picking up anything "new" per se but certainly clearer - up to All Time Low at the moment where I am noticing it most. Not surprising, looking forward to the rest.
    Last edited by Ruttiger; 09-03-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leprekon666 View Post
    thats what i'm saying. I already spent $130 on 5 different covers.
    fail fail fail

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    There are definitely more subtle details present in Trent's layered vocals in the audiophile mix, whereas I do hear less of a 'bite' on certain beats (Satellite and others?). Really not sure which to keep. Listened through Macbook Pro speakers, general external speakers, and those $20 Sony headphones.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm preferring the audiophile mastering.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Only on "Came Back Haunted" and the audiophile version is sending chills down my spine. I don't even have cool headphones. This is just blissful to me.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiro View Post
    Yes, so pumped! Just finished downloading and about to listen to it for the first time. I can't believe I made it 3 months without even listening to Came Back Haunted. It was excruciating but will probably make this that much more satisfying.
    You've heard nothing till today??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So many people claiming they're hearing big differences with low-level hardware. lol.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think what I'll do is keep the audiophile copy somewhere secret, somewhere safe, but continue to listen to the 'regular' mix as I do prefer a bit of extra bite. I hardly think I'll be lamenting this decision as I rock out to Copy Of A, CBH, Everything, In Two, but to each hir own!

(Just need to make sure I match the play counts of my official download with the tracks I've already been playing on repeat )

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    SO, I did the preorder through NIN.com looks like my package is scheduled to arrive Saturday. WTF
    The Australian versions were shipped yesterday and today according to JBL so that's out the window
    oh, and the EU versions? haven't shipped yet.

WHATS THE POINT OF A PRE-ORDER IF I'M NOT GONNA HAVE IT ON TIME. TOTAL FAIL.

And I'm not going to go out an buy copies at retail today, cause don't need another copy of something I already bought. #lame. (sorry. venting complete)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    has there been any word on a wallpaper pack for this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    from the snippet on amazon.co.jp the Autolux remix of Everything sounds interesting. bring it on!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Does the vinyl of HM come with a DL card that may grant you access to the audiophile version, per chance?
    I know it comes with a cd, which I'm more than content with, but a DL card would be nice since it'd mean I
    don't have to spend $12.. Although, I guess I don't need it RIGHT NOW.. and can spend that money some
    other time.

Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    Wut:

I'm sorry, that review seems to be written so poorly that I couldn't make it through the first paragraph.
    Last edited by pigpen; 09-03-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My standard edition just arrived !! =)

Now where's my vinyl ???? =(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I suppose that means he's giving it 2 out of a possible 5 dots? unless its 3 out of a possible 5 dashes.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    This album is just beautiful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No download card.

Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    Does the vinyl of HM come with a DL card that may grant you access to the audiophile version, per chance?