Page 189 of 241 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 199 239 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,670 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There are definitely differences between the versions. Just A and B'ing on CBH there's a SLIGHT harshness in the intro on the standard version vs. the audiophile. It's fairly negligible, but it's there, and now that I know it's there, the audiophile version is more pleasing. I'm saving the rest for my new cans. If I WASN'T listening on headphones, I don't think I'd even be able to tell a difference, but we'll see.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Anyone having issued downloading the wav format of the audiophile version? I keep getting server errors. The mp3 version downloaded no problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    Anyone having issued downloading the wav format of the audiophile version? I keep getting server errors. The mp3 version downloaded no problem.
    The lossless didn't work for me but the FLAC downloaded fine. Might try again tomorrow.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    I downloaded the Audiophile WAV with no issues. Sorry you're having trouble!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Oh, I remember someone had been wondering if the FLACs would end up being 24-bit: they are.

Code:
    01 The Eater Of Dreams.flac: FLAC audio bitstream data, 24 bit, stereo, 48 kHz, 2516731 samples
    (That goes for both the audiophile and "regular" FLACs.)

Edit: Were the WAVs also 24/48, or were those bumped up to 24/96?
    Last edited by xolotl; 09-03-2013 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Verified 24-bit on "regular" master

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Going from DR5 to DR6 doesn't make it an audiophile version Trent....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Actually, Find My Way's percussion seems to be thumping harder in my headphones compared to the leak audio.
    I haven't listened to the Audiophile Mastered Version yet, but for what it's worth, I shuffled through some of the songs on Spotify when the album became available there. The leak sounded noticeably worse in comparison. I'm a bit of an audiophile, but I can't always tell the difference between well-encoded lossy and lossless - especially not in the musical landscape of today. However, the leak was definitely harsher, more compressed and had less definition, and I was only listening on my phone via earbuds.

I'm sure the Audiophile Mastered Version is superior to the Standard Version, but the leak is definitely not worth using for A/B'ing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    Sorry to quote myself, but the entire Pitchfork review is rendered moot by them considering "In Two" to be a "dead-weight plodder". Fuck those pretentious assholes, there's no way this dude listened to the album more than once.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    That's actually a pretty good review, though I am mystified that someone would call all VMoE, I Would for You, and In Two "dead-weight plodders." blink. blink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So iTunes says there's a digital booklet and I see the listing for it above the tracks, but can't access it. Anyone else having this issue? I was looking forward to checking out the art, since I was a lazy ass and didn't check the mail last week for the real deal.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    NO

TALK ABOUT THE PITCHFORK REVIEW HERE: http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...0-on-Pitchfork

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just finished my first listen on the Audiophile version - it's a bit difficult to say what impressions are simply due to this being a more careful listen than my previous ten or so (with lyric sheets and everything!). Certainly it doesn't sound drastically different, though that's hardly surprising. I at least felt as though I was enjoying the increased dynamic range - I found myself nudging up the volume on the quieter bits and being pleased by the eventual loudness. The volume differences are noticeable if I swap back and forth between the regular and audiophile versions, so it's not entirely in my head.

I did catch more little flourishes this time around than I had noticed before, but I'm assuming that's just due to the careful-listening angle. Many of my playthroughs leading up to this have been at least partially in the background while doing other things.

Anyway, it goes without saying that it sounds great! I love having this version as an option. Now let's get those remix FLACs up there, yeah?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudpaw View Post
    So iTunes says there's a digital booklet and I see the listing for it above the tracks, but can't access it. Anyone else having this issue? I was looking forward to checking out the art, since I was a lazy ass and didn't check the mail last week for the real deal.
    Here's the digital pdf which is probably very similar.
    https://mega.co.nz/#!aM8znCzS!ISc2yx...23trEg3PUIrkSo

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Audiophile that's only 1-2db less compressed than the CD version? Sad. I wish they'd realize people can use their fucking volume knob, and go for something ballsy like -12db RMS. Something that is going to retain the crazy ass dynamics of those sub-bass frequencies. Audiophile is more like "slight" improvement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They must hate 'The Downward Spiral' since it lacks concision in a few of those songs.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Audiophile version really isn't much better. Just wait for a someone to make a quality rip of the vinyl.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I would have expected the Audiophile version to have been released at 24/96 rather than 24/48...

But, in reality, after listening the tracks (with headphones as well) and A/B'ing them... the audiophile version is really nicely mastered. Definitely less fatigue with headphones at a decent volume.
    Last edited by demo; 09-03-2013 at 12:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, that was unexpected. No wonder a lot of people were turned off by it outside the ets community. Actually, I'm surprised at how many here took a liking to this so readily. It definitely seems like more of a grower than an immediate attention grabber. Anyway, on to listen number two...

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiro View Post
    Yes, so pumped! Just finished downloading and about to listen to it for the first time. I can't believe I made it 3 months without even listening to Came Back Haunted. It was excruciating but will probably make this that much more satisfying.
    How the F did you manage that?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anybody listened to "Trent Reznor In Conversation With" on here yet?

It's fucking cool, half of it is literally just Trent showing us demos, some of tracks that didn't make the record, and some rough cuts of songs that did make it. Good shit!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Is it just me or does the DE version on amazon make the artwork look bigger vertically?

http://www.amazon.com/Hesitation-Mar...sitation+marks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Is it just me or does the DE version on amazon make the artwork look bigger vertically?
    I think they chopped off the side of the art where the spine of the book is.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    No.
    Fucking.
    Wallpaper.
    Pack.

DAMN YOU ROB

Also, no embedded lyrics. We were spoiled by the indie days. The PDF is fucking gorgeous though, made me even more excited for the DE (which I'll hopefully get to see in the mail when I get home from work tomorrow). About to get the frak off the internet and listen to this album properly. About damn time. It's been a fun few months, hasn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiro View Post
    So, that was unexpected. No wonder a lot of people were turned off by it outside the ets community. Actually, I'm surprised at how many here took a liking to this so readily. It definitely seems like more of a grower than an immediate attention grabber. Anyway, on to listen number two...
    Yup, I for one definitely did not see what everyone else was seeing after my first listen. But now, after a week of living with this album, I love every second of it (ok, maybe the ending of CBH drags on a bit). It's a grower for sure! Best thing since The Fragile.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masamune3570 View Post
    Has anybody listened to "Trent Reznor In Conversation With" on here yet?

It's fucking cool, half of it is literally just Trent showing us demos, some of tracks that didn't make the record, and some rough cuts of songs that did make it. Good shit!

alright I am missing something here REALLY obvious - maybe its my age.

But where the hell is this track? I have two CDS - one of the 14 trk album and the bonus has 3 remixes on it.
    Where is this track?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Powhatan View Post
    alright I am missing something here REALLY obvious - maybe its my age.

But where the hell is this track? I have two CDS - one of the 14 trk album and the bonus has 3 remixes on it.
    Where is this track?
    Its on page 179 of this thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    How the F did you manage that?!
    lol, the last few weeks have been torture.

The songs definitely distinguish themselves on repeated listens, as all of you already know. Fun stuff.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Listening to the WAV Audiophile Mastered Version on regular computer speakers (though through a very good M-Audio sound card), I'm thinking I can hear a tiny difference. Nothing major, but there's a bit more air in the mix. Especially in All-Time Low. I haven't listened to the uncompressed Standard Version yet, so I don't know if I'm just hearing the benefits of 48/24, though.

Either way, yes. Best Nine Inch Nails album since The Fragile and well worth the 12 bucks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is there a way for those of us who didn't pre-order through NIN.com to get a copy of the audiophile version? I purchased the standard, deluxe and vinyl elsewhere because of the ridiculous shipping costs (still haven't got them either!).