Page 14 of 241 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I just ordered the vinyl and deluxe CD. Depeche Mode is also on Columbia and their recent deluxe album also comes in a 28 page hardback book, so expect something similar to that. They also released Maxi Singles, so here's hoping that NIN does the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by picketyp View Post
    I think it only really matters if you order two things. Three should push you over into a better per-item shipping cost.
    I ordered a shirt, cd, deluxe cd, and vinyl. That totaled exactly $80 and the shipping was $38. So almost $10 shipping per item for a total cost of $118

Now here it is if purchased individually...

CD $12
    Shipping: $8

Deluxe CD $20
    Shipping: $13

Vinyl $28

Shirt $20

For a total of $122. So I saved $4 by purchasing everything together. In my opinion, whether purchased individually, or separately, the shipping fees are way too high. But I'm too happy and excited for new NIN to care!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jd13 View Post
    I ordered a shirt, cd, deluxe cd, and vinyl. That totaled exactly $80 and the shipping was $38. So almost $10 shipping per item for a total cost of $118

Now here it is if purchased individually...

CD $12

Deluxe CD $20

Vinyl $28

Shirt $20

For a total of $122. So I saved $4 by purchasing everything together. In my opinion, whether purchased individually, or separately, the shipping fees are way too high. But I'm too happy and excited for new NIN to care!

ITEMS ORDERED
    1 x halo twenty eight women's t-shirt - Small (HALTWEWS) $25.00
    1 x twenty thirteen t-shirt black - Medium (TWETHRM) $20.00
    1 x halo twenty eight t-shirt - Medium (HALTWEM) $20.00
    1 x hesitation marks deluxe CD + digital download (HMCDDEL) $20.00
    1 x came back haunted t-shirt - Medium (CAMBACM) $20.00
    Sub-Total: $105.00
    Shipping (Standard): $8.99
    CA TAX 8%: $8.40
    Total: $122.39

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I carted one LP, one Deluxe CD, and one shirt and the cheapest shipping was $34. Yikes! Oh well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhulud View Post
    I carted one LP, one Deluxe CD, and one shirt and the cheapest shipping was $34. Yikes! Oh well.
    Yeah, this is exactly what I experienced. $30+ to ship a record and CD to Massachusetts is a little ridiculous.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Holy crap, that's ridiculous. I added the vinyl and deluxe CD to a cart. $31.99 for standard shipping to NY. What's going on??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So paypal isn't supported, correct?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yup. I too was shocked by the shipping cost. So much so that I decided not to order. $8 to ship a CD? C'mon man.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    RE: SHIPPING COSTS!

i'm not sure how i eventually fixed it, but brendan, the same tech support guy mentioned up above, was very helpful and friendly.

steps i took:

1. update your shipping address. even if there's nothing to update, clear out the info and enter it again. add a second address (even if it's fake).
    2. empty your cart, log out of your account.
    3. log back in and re-add items to your cart.
    4. check shipping costs again.

it kept telling me the only two options were $35 or $45 every time i tried all freakin' day...and then it finally gave me the normal shipping options, and i paid $8.99 shipping for the CD, Deluxe CD, & Vinyl.
    make sure you don't place your order without sorting out the shipping costs. according to brendan, they should not be that high for any US or canadian orders.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I got the Vinyl + the Deluxe CD for $48.00 + 8.99 shipping.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    They need to get that shit sorted without making people go through an ARG.

(Seriously, most people aren't even going to bother inquiring about why shipping costs are so high. They'll just close the order window. And even now that I know that, I'm not doing any of it. Fuck that.)
    Last edited by jessamineny; 06-06-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

i'm not sure how i eventually fixed it, but brendan, the same tech support guy mentioned up above, was very helpful and friendly.

steps i took:

1. update your shipping address. even if there's nothing to update, clear out the info and enter it again. add a second address (even if it's fake).

it kept telling me the only two options were $35 or $45 every time i tried all freakin' day...and then it finally gave me the normal shipping options, and i paid $8.99 shipping for the CD, Deluxe CD, & Vinyl.
    make sure you don't place your order without sorting out the shipping costs. according to brendan, they should not be that high for any US or canadian orders.
    Interesting. I accidentally did that on my first run though. I accidentally clicked through on the shipping address page, went back, and changed it to my work's address instead. I wonder if that's why I scored the lower shipping right off the bat or if I am just close to their distribution center.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Interesting. I accidentally did that on my first run though. I accidentally clicked through on the shipping address page, went back, and changed it to my work's address instead. I wonder if that's why I scored the lower shipping right off the bat or if I am just close to their distribution center.
    no, there's some kind of glitch where it's defaulting US and Canada orders to international shipping.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    description on amazon (where the vinyl is $40, by the way):

Hesitation Marks is the new full-length album from Nine Inch Nails. Recorded in secret over the last year, Trent Reznor teamed with producers Atticus Ross and Alan Moulder to create the first new music from Nine Inch Nails in five years. Includes lead single "Came Back Haunted."

The vinyl edition is pressed on two black 180 gram LPs housed in a gatefold jacket and includes a CD insert of the album.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    according to brendan, they should not be that high for any US or canadian orders.
    Rather odd indeed - I wonder what the trigger is for that malfunction... I had ordered the Deluxe CD + Vinyl earlier today and it dropped me right into the correct ($8 or so) shipping stuff. (to Wisconsin)

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Holy crap, that's ridiculous. I added the vinyl and deluxe CD to a cart. $31.99 for standard shipping to NY. What's going on??
    Yeah, this time I choose for local internet stores.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That worked like a charm! Thanks eversonpoe!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Amazon seems to have Hesitation Marks now up for pre-order.
    I Pre-ordered Vinyl + 2 x Shirt from the nin store. The shipping was rather pricey (28$), though I live in Finland, so I wasn't that bothered about it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Logged in. Checked my address and I moved twice ever since. What a relic.

1 x hesitation marks deluxe CD + digital download $20.00
    1 x hesitation marks vinyl + digital download $28.00
    1 x came back haunted t-shirt - Medium $20.00
    1 x halo twenty eight t-shirt - Medium $20.00
    1 x twenty thirteen t-shirt black - Medium $20.00

Sub-Total: $108.00
    Shipping (Standard): $23.99
    Total: $131.99

*broke*
    Last edited by shagg_187; 06-06-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I hope the deluxe cds aren't exclusive to the official store.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Toronto, Ontario. Ordered regular CD, deluxe CD, and vinyl and my shipping was $19.99. I thought it was a little high to be honest but I am in Canada. It's cheaper than what most of you are experiencing so I'm gonna leave it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ambergris View Post
    Hesitation marks... came back haunted....

That reminds me of the movie "Flatliners" of 1990 (?), with Julia Roberts, Kiefer Sutherland, and some Baldwin. Medical students kill themselves on purpose to experience the afterlife and then get resuscitated. But they are haunted by what they experienced, I forgot how the movie ended, it's a horror movie. It could be about coming back from the abyss, e.g. from the HTDA project, or recovering from a suicide attempt, sort of like "The Upward Spiral".
    You may be definitely right. Maybe opposite to downward spiral (or an aftermath, of some sort) and I believe they might be right. It definitely seems like its related to flatlining i.e. no brain activity. This is where "Hesitation Marks" come in i.e. a failed suicide attempt (or an assisted one to experience death), and coming back to life after experiencing near death experience i.e. "Came Back Haunted".

It could either be a very personal album which showcases what he went through between The Downward Spiral and now. Either that or it could be a direct sequel to The Downward Spiral; the whole album was about a man self destructing, going into a spree of sex, drugs, and violence before killing himself (Hurt). This could be a revival from that downward spiral and coping with the haunting flashbacks and hallucinations, and just surviving.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    It's up on amazon so I don't think it's exclusive.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Ugh I'd cry

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

steps i took:

Just wanted to add that this worked for me. When I tried to order the vinyl and deluxe this morning the price was ridiculous and I ended up just getting the deluxe by itself. I followed these steps and tested the combined order again and shipping was down to $8.99. Now I'm hoping ModLife is fine with cancelling my original order so I can order both items (and maybe add another one or two).

EDIT: They got back to me really quickly, cancelled my order, and I already placed my new one with the correct shipping price. Whoo!
    Last edited by howdidislipinto; 06-06-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    FYI, I asked modlife if the t-shirts are going to ship separately before September. And yes, they are.

Hey Dario, yes the tees are due in well before September and will ship separately.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

The official forum threads for this are a complete ghost town.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ax Mr. L View Post
    It's up on amazon so I don't think it's exclusive.
    2 discs.... interesting.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i brought brendan's attention to this thread (and to the concerns about high shipping costs) and he said they're on it, so hopefully it'll get cleared up soon.

modlife is really doing a good job with support this time around.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    The official forum threads for this are a complete ghost town.
    well, there isn't even a link to the forum on the new nin.com