Page 143 of 241 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 193 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,290 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if its just us the fans who realize the amazing brilliance of this album

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This album is amazing, right now Dissapointed and Various Methods Of Escape i am loving these two songs, but the album as a whole is brilliant. It exceeded my expectations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    God damn, so good. I don't recall being this impressed by an NIN album in quite a while. So good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just want to point out that all 3 of my dogs are thoroughly enjoying this too--they are all three in unison doing that cute dog thing where their heads perk up, turn to the sides, and look inquisitively at the speakers. It gets 6 paws up from the beasts!

Glad I finally got home and had a chance to download and listen myself. It's exponentially better than the desperate youtube listening I did earlier at work. Can't wait to see some of this shit live in Cleveland!!!

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copy of A View Post
    I wonder if its just us the fans who realize the amazing brilliance of this album
    Honestly ? Probably. We have perspective and history with the band's releases, so I have no idea how good it will feel for 'virgin' ears... Actually, that's it, no idea. Wouldn't get my hopes up on that regard, but I'm also cautiously optimistic, since most of the feedback I've read so far was pretty enthusiastic. Could be just a bunch of other scattered NIN fans though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There isn't even an average song on this album. They're all far above that. I haven't heard this solid of an album in quite some time.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Well Fuck me upside down on a swing set this album fucking rocks

Favorites are def: All Time Low, Satellite, Various Methods of Escape, I would for You & In Two

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    terrific, this record is gorgeous. might become my fav lol. lyrics are already showing up in amarok, yay. so happy (and reassured), me that is

satellite wtf?!
    Last edited by baudolino; 08-26-2013 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    music's good (not a game changer, considering NIN's catalogue or whatever is happening in the current pirated Ableton Live music world), but anytime the singing is trying (too hard) to go beyond nasal whispering or screaming (restrained screaming is no good) it sounds like a failed attempt to carry a song. i think i figured why i haven't been much of a fan since the Fragile: TR's newly found singing voice is just not doing it for me, no matter how well the music is produced or what he's talking about.

also i wish there were some remixes from Jacques Greene or Teengirl Fantasy. or some sort of relevant collaboration with Death Grips.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "For the last year I’ve been secretly working nonstop with Atticus Ross and Alan Moulder on a new, full-length Nine Inch Nails record, which I am happy to say is finished and frankly fucking great. "

Sorry for doubting you there, buddy. It's pretty fucking great.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Man, I can't get enough of that guitar from 2:57 in While I'm Still Here. There's something primal, awesome and uplifting in its simplicity. Really not something that shouts NIN to me, but it works. And it's really addictive.

Would someone like to crack us the tabs or chords for that little noodling? It'd be great if I could play it on acoustic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, I finally got to me decent headphones instead of the shitty earbuds I've been using all day.

OH GOD IT SOUNDS EVEN BETTER NOW dgsdgdsgds

ugh i want my cd to come in already so i can sniff it all over while listening again (and look at the pretty art too i guess)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Man, I can't get enough of that guitar from 2:57 in While I'm Still Here. There's something primal, awesome and uplifting in its simplicity. Really not something that shouts NIN to me, but it works. And it's really addictive.

Would someone like to crack us the tabs or chords for that little noodling? It'd be great if I could play it on acoustic.
    I was just pausing that part talking to my wife about it!!!! fricken awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Black Noise leaves me hanging the way Ripe w Decay does... not wanting it to end

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oh... maybe All Time Low isn't as radio-friendly as I had thought. Here's what I got from it.

Go

I’ve heard all I need to know
    Your voice in fucking echo stereo
    Now this particular scenario
    Looks like another all time low
    Why did you go and let them in
    See this is where the fun begins
    You barely even pierced the skin
    Just wait till you see what is comin’

Get (???) off the floor
    Shut the Goddamn door
    You’ve done this all before
    You’re comin’ back for more

So give me just a little, baby
    Just something to get by
    It’s gonna last forever, baby
    Now get the other side
    And we will live forever baby
    And stretch across the sky
    I follow right behind you, baby
    We’re never gonna die

Hey
    Everything is not okay
    We lost too much along the way
    The passengers arrive today
    It looks as though they’re here to stay
    This paranoia turns to fear
    Just who is whispering in your ear
    Keep pretending but I know you hear
    Just how’d we fucking end up here

So give me just a little, baby
    Just something to get by
    It’s gonna last forever, baby
    Now get the other side
    And we will live forever baby
    And stretch across the sky
    I follow right behind you, baby
    We’re never gonna die

We’re never gonna die
    How did we get so high

Stretch across the sky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I recommend re-reading botley's very well-written review:http://ninsongs.wordpress.com/2013/0...sitation-marks

Now, after a couple of spins, it adds even more to the album experience.

I'm trying really hard not to rank HM already amongst the NIN catalogue, and have it grow on me deeper. But I'll say this: This is the first record since The Fragile where at no point I have the urge to skip a song, or the too soon feeling of fulfillment.

To me it's like a combination of the lyrical depth of The Downward Spiral, the soundscapes of The Fragile, the poppyness (for lack of a better word) of With Teeth and the gritty, glitchy electronic beats of Year Zero.

You could almost accuse TR of willfully combining these things to cater to ALL his fans...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are there volume dropouts in the leaked files? I've noticed the vox get lower in Copy of A and Find My Way. I've listened to both the MP3 and now FLACs.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post

I liked that when I heard it. On my third listen today. I'll see if I can't suss that out when i get to it

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    After several more listens, I'm 100% sure that While I'm Still Here/Black Noise is my favorite track. Those two are the absolute pinnacle of this album.

On the opposite end, I really can't get into All Time Low. I don't know what it is; I'm just not feeling the way a lot of you are.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I am so impressed that there is such a Peter Gabriel feel to this album (one of my all time fav artists). I can hear Depeche Mode a lot too.

I think Running is awesome BTW, I see it hasn't been discussed as one of people's favorites on ETS that much - but hell, sonically it is so wonderfully quirky.

I just wish the album was longer, it is that good. I hope he follows up with another record next year (yeah I know this will never happen, but maybe he can start becoming more prolific like Bowie. One can dream, right?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    After several more listens, I'm 100% sure that While I'm Still Here/Black Noise is my favorite track. Those two are the absolute pinnacle of this album.

On the opposite end, I really can't get into All Time Low. I don't know what it is; I'm just not feeling the way a lot of you are.
    It was a lot better before I heard Satellite onwards. It's still easily the best song in the first half, and it might be better than Running for me, but I don't know if I'd go farther than that now.

Also, for absolute pinnacle of this album, it has to be In Two. That song is just fucking insane. While I'm Still Here is probably my 2nd at this point though. (Partly because I'm a big sucker for Cortini and that song sounds like it has some of him in it)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fabripav View Post
    What's up with your artwork?
    That's the Japanese version cover. I found it more attractive than the deluxe edition cover

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've listened to this three times now. Don't know about where it sits critically in terms of "best since," but I know, right now, it's my favorite album. When I finally got to listen to it all the way through the first time I was left completely speechless by the In Two/While I'm Still Here/Black Noise ending, except for saying "wow" to myself over and over.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Parts of this album (mostly All Time Low) remind me of this:

... and that's OK with me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On my 4th listen through now...this album has me all smiles! This is the richest sounding album since TF. Talking with other ninnies earlier, the best part about every new NIN album is it always takes time to digest in so many good ways, sometimes requiring 200 something listens before you hear everything (no pun intended). I can't really say much more than what everyone else is but holy shit the last half of the album in context to the first half = fucking win!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    All Time Low is making me happy right down to the molecular level.

Yep.

Still slowly assimilating the rest of the album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if fucking Wal-Mart will be selling this shitty album? I'd like to pick up the standard version on release day, and I drive past like 3 Wal-Marts on my way to school each day.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    That Todd Rundgren remix has shades of Queen harmonies in it. Oh man, this is going to be a trippy tour, most definitely.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    "Eater of Dreams" makes me think of abstract sounds of hospital/medical equipment (and drug stupor).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    A little late, but here's my .gif had I been online earlier, RE: the leaking today: