Page 139 of 241 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,170 of 7217

Thread: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    As a fan, the most hardcore you get, the most rigid of a dick you tend to get, so...
    I've been called a "not a real fan" a few times about other bands, as if it rendered my opinion baseless and pointless. Well all right, fuck you, "fans", then.
    Let's not go there.
    Deal with it. I'm not arguing "real" fan.

I'm saying this is NIN and I have no fucking idea how people who can say they enjoy NIN wouldn't enjoy this album.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kitz View Post
    Okay, tracks, whatever...

I just really don't like the song. You can call me you want. If I don't like a song I don't keep it. That's all. Does that make me a bad person? If it does, well, maybe I'm a bad person.

The album is still great. I just don't like ONE song.
    Thats fair enough. You're far less anal than I am which is definately a good thing. I can't bring myself to delete any song from any album no matter how much I don't like it. Feels wrong. I need everything in order!

I wasn't huge on Everything to begin with but it slowly grew on me. It has to be my least favourite on the album still as I still don't like the chorus but I find it listenable now. The lyrics definately helped me

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    I'm saying this is NIN and I have no fucking idea how people who can say they enjoy NIN wouldn't enjoy this album.
    Because they just love The Frail, Hurt, Something I can Never Have, Still... Because they prefer when NIN is mostly soft and/or melodic. As valid an opinion as yours.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Because they just love The Frail, Hurt, Something I can Never Have, Still... Because they prefer when NIN is mostly soft and/or melodic. As valid an opinion as yours.
    That's more of a "hey, I like a few songs" but not really worthwhile to join a forum of fans over a few songs, though. Unless you really really really want to discuss Still on a daily basis.

that being said, Everything is still a weak song but it fits in the album pretty well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To everyone waiting:

It will be worth every second you waited. Just delete With Teeth, Year Zero and The Slip, cause this is what we've been waiting for since The Fragile.

Essential doesn't even begin to describe this work of Art.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dat Satellite.

This whole album is amazing though, holy fuck.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanyrifts View Post
    To everyone waiting:

It will be worth every second you waited. Just delete With Teeth, Year Zero and The Slip, cause this is what we've been waiting for since The Fragile.

I mean, don't get me wrong. TDS and Fragile are probably THE best NIN albums to come out. I'm not arguing this fact, but WT, YZ, and TS aren't throwaways or anything. There's some amazing work on those albums.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

I really like this album. Even "Everything" is growing on me. It fits well where it is in the album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    To everyone waiting:

Year Zero was pretty great, With Teeth had its moments... but I agree that this is the strongest album since The Fragile.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    You can have your opinions on songs, and you can have your opinions on what a fan is. Arguing what is 'true' in that respect is a waste of time. Move it along, please.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Ok, I'm back...haunted.

Fuck yeah, this album is amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To everyone waiting:

Seconded ++++

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by la_mer View Post
    Very...VERY tempted to download. I've only heard "Came Back Haunted," "Copy of A," and "Everything," so far. And, I've been telling myself this whole time I'd wait till September 3rd (even if the CD doesn't arrive by then, I'd still probably have the nin.com download link).

But tomorrow's my birthday. Maybe, just maybe...*NIN-listening purgatory ensues*
    Just listen its too good not to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    You can have your opinions on songs, and you can have your opinions on what a fan is. Arguing what is 'true' in that respect is a waste of time. Move it along, please.

Opinions on fandom are just outright silly though. Discussions about songs can be illuminating and are at least partially the very purpose of art. Discussions about fandom are inherently just dick measuring contests.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nearly speechless.

Some words: Bold. Fearless. Confident.

I think I could lose myself in here.
    Last edited by Paul; 08-26-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jesus fucking Christ I cannot wait to hear some of these live. I Would For You might break my ribcage with that beat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I downloaded it today while I was at work and wasnt able to listen to it all day. I just sat down with my first listen through, and I think this album is amazing. There is not one must-skip track on the entire album, in my opinion. I wasn't expecting that. This is nine inch nails.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This album owns so hard. Holy shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The ending of Black Noise reminds me of the ending of Batman Begins - you just know after that there was going to be a sequel.

My goodness - that record was fantastic.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _minus View Post
    Trent mentioned as much lyrically in the "A Conversation With" clip and in interviews that the album is a reflection of who he was at the time.
    Yeah, sure, he mentioned that in an interview, but where do you see that IN THE LYRICS?

I mean, every Rolling Stones album that comes out, Mick Jagger goes and says it's like Exile On Main St., but we all know it's bullshit by now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So I've more or less finished the album.

My brain has melted. That was an electronically vibrant assault, and I loved every fucking damn second. I need to listen to this again..

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    If trent wanted a radio hit he should have just removed the awkward Year Zero-esque talk-singing from "All Time Low". This would have much better than Everything.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    All Time Low definitely has a David Bowie feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey everyone, new to ETS but long time fan of NiN since I was about 6 or 7 years old (odd desensitized childhood). But been awesome reading the back and forths and just wanted to say hey.

Agreed with most that this album is the we've all been waiting for. It's what I've been hoping to hear ever since The Fragile.
    Stand out tracks for me are: All Time Low, I Would For You, In Two, and While I'm Still Here.

Happy to be on the boards with everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My favorites so far are:

Satellite
    Various Methods of Escape
    All Time Low

But the whole album is fantastic. Really does feel like the true successor to The Fragile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Torrent sites blocked at work - logmein to my machine at home, album comes down in minutes - I email myself all the tracks and listen all the way through (on WMP) - its awesome... then I give a second listen through on the iphone and proceed to kick myself for not doing that first.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The bridge in "In Two" reminds me of Mr Self Destructs bridge in the best way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Also, does anyone else find the remix of Find My Way actually really really gorgeous?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I think my least favorite song on the album is Disappointed.
    I just can't get into that grating sound when he says "Can I ask you something..."

Hopefully, as I listen to it i'll like it more and more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the end of 'disappointed' (last 45 seconds) just needs a bunch of "what do your nipples look like" samples and we'd have 'memorabilia' 2013