Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Big. Black. Delta.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    BBD recently played a new song live, "Left Out". I don't know anything else about it, but Jon tweeted he was working on new stuff a while ago.

-Source

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    yea they played a new track tonight. i assume its left out.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Does anybody have the info for that Mellowdrone e-mail address that had all of the extras and stuff saved on it? I wanna be sure I got a good chunk of the music from there. I don't know if it'd be against the rules to post about it or not, but it was openly shared on the old ETS, so I'd assume it was alright here...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I don't know if it'd be against the rules to post about it or not, but it was openly shared on the old ETS, so I'd assume it was alright here...
    I'm gonna go with that. The gmail account is mellowshare, password is mellowdrone.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Can't wait for him to officially upload it. Sounds cool.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessly View Post
    I'm gonna go with that. The gmail account is mellowshare, password is mellowdrone.
    Thank you! I'm on a huge Mellowdrone kick lately. I guess since I'm sort of "discovering" them again (listening to more than one album and some random tracks), that'll have to do until we get more official BBD. :P

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Posted on Big Black Delta's Facebook. "in the studio with Sonoio, working on a new pizza pie!"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    A Sonoio/BBD collab? Or perhaps he's helping out on one of the songs for the new Sonoio album like he did for Houdini? Or perhaps the other way around? Whatever is happening it will be quite nice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hell yes. Just thinking of either of them producing new material makes me incredibly happy, but both working together... that's just insanely exciting.

Also, hadn't seen or heard of "Left Out" til now... sounds awesome. I hope new stuff is released soon.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Seriously, these two are perfect for each other. I'd shell out money and drive whatever distance I had to to see them play a co-headlining show together, or maybe opening for someone together. (I still contend that BBD/Sonoio/HTDA would be one of the best shows I'd see in my entire life if it ever happened.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Seriously, these two are perfect for each other. I'd shell out money and drive whatever distance I had to to see them play a co-headlining show together, or maybe opening for someone together. (I still contend that BBD/Sonoio/HTDA would be one of the best shows I'd see in my entire life if it ever happened.)
    They almost did a show together last month in LA but Alessandro backed out a few weeks before it for some reason. If HTDA starts touring soon though having Sonoio or BBD or both open would be an amazing show.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Alessandro worked with Jon on The Zebrah. Their cats are lucky to hear the madness first, hehe.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    They just added some new dates:

-casbah, san diego | april 11th

-fox theatre, los angeles | april 12th | info | (with M83)

-cellar door, visalia | april 13th

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'd start a new thread, but I don't know of the talk about the band would be worth starting a new thread anyway.

Aside from iTunes, and the mellowshare account, is it even possible to get the rest of the Mellowdrone discography? I keep finding torrents for either Angry Bear, Box, and then the stuff from mellowshare, and then there's this "Mellowdrone All I could find" torrent that's floating around online, but absolutely refuses to actually download for me.

I'm not exactly asking anybody to hand me anything directly, but I just want to know if their other material is even out there. Glassblower, Go Get 'Em Tiger, ADOIP, all that.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    See what Coming Home Records has left in stock.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    See what Coming Home Records has left in stock.
    Thanks for the tip! I didn't even think to look there. It looks like they have Go Get Em Tiger and Maquina, but that's about it as far as Mellowdrone goes. I'll just keep digging around and hope I can find something. Worst case scenario, I can go on ebay and try to get the rest.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I really love this. This band seems so perfect for 2012.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Love the new material. Would be great if we'd get a new EP/Album along with the new Sonoio album sometime over the next few months.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks for the tip! I didn't even think to look there. It looks like they have Go Get Em Tiger and Maquina, but that's about it as far as Mellowdrone goes. I'll just keep digging around and hope I can find something. Worst case scenario, I can go on ebay and try to get the rest.
    I've had some luck with getting things on amazon when they weren't on the cominghomerecords site, I usually prefer it over ebay if I can get the free shipping dealy.
    Last edited by blassster; 04-21-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It seems someone has done better transcriptions of lyrics than we have (well, some of them look based off ours) and put them on SongMeanings.net. They include Betamax and a quite different version of Capsize. Interesting...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Jon posted a video on twitter of him and Alessandro in the studio.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    How Exciting! Great to see them together. ALWAYS.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So I guess they're working on "Left Out"? Whatever it is, I can't wait to hear it all. I hope we get to hear a final version of that , too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Random question: Anyone know if Jonathan is involved with his drummer? Wondering if all the smiling and staring is just band chemistry or not.

Yes, i've got nothing better to pay attention to.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodSoldier333 View Post
    Random question: Anyone know if Jonathan is involved with his drummer? Wondering if all the smiling and staring is just band chemistry or not.

Yes, i've got nothing better to pay attention to.
    I've always wondered how that sort of thing works with some bands. I know sometimes it works, and sometimes it fucks things up. (Not saying that I know either way in this case. :P)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Which drummer? There are 2 live.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just discovered this and watching the beginning now. New to me, was shot on Record Store Day.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Masha is the only one playing live now. and I believe she's involved with another musician. not bates. but thats neither here nor there. good bands have good chemistry together on stage, regardless of that romance stuff.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I heard this for the first time today. Normally this kind of music is not my cup of tea. But holy shit I'm digging it!