Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
Scott Weiland was pretty awesome last night. The Brighten Music Hall is pretty small and I stood at the side of the stage, maybe 20 feet from the band. What a difference from last time. When I saw him two years ago, about a week after he was fired from Stone Temple Pilots, he seemed pretty wasted (he was late, slurred speech, sloppy), but he was definitely on his game last night. Scott, who is 47, looked and sounded like he could have been in his early 30's. He's in great shape and gave a good performance, playing a mix of old-school STP and songs from his upcoming album, 'Blaster.' The new material has a sort of Black Keys/Jack White garage sound but with a retro 70's feel. Scott's band, the Wildabouts, now reduced to a four piece (including Scott), was a lot tighter than the 2013 show. On the last show they seemed like a tribute band at a dive bar, but last night they actually played the STP material a lot better, although they are still no match for the DeLeo brothers and Kretz. I had a lot of fun at the 2013 show, but it was sad to see Scott in such bad shape. Glad to see that he's taking care of himself these days.
God, I was clueless.