Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: TOIOU/RITCN: HTDA Live in Chicago Blu-ray/DVD

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Well... Embarrassing, I never got around to doing that trial batch.

School is coming to an end. I've always wanted to see this project through and I *hopefully* will have some free time once I finish school at the end of the year. I want to gauge the interest in the release almost 5 years on. I have added a bluray request form on this page of the archive if you'd be interested in getting a copy. (LINK BELOW). I already have a good idea of what I would like and how I want to go about doing this and how the packaging will look. I honestly will only run a press of how many are interested. So I would suggest putting your email address in the request form.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    @ninlive count me in on a physical copy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yes, I have been waiting

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I signed up as interested.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I signed up with two diffrent emails addresses because I was reading inbetween the lines because I would want two copies.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Signed up! would love one! had a blast at this show, and always a sucker for physical copies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Signed up! I'd love a physical copy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Signed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Any update?

Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Well... Embarrassing, I never got around to doing that trial batch.

School is coming to an end. I've always wanted to see this project through and I *hopefully* will have some free time once I finish school at the end of the year. I want to gauge the interest in the release almost 5 years on. I have added a bluray request form on this page of the archive if you'd be interested in getting a copy. (LINK BELOW). I already have a good idea of what I would like and how I want to go about doing this and how the packaging will look. I honestly will only run a press of how many are interested. So I would suggest putting your email address in the request form.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN64 View Post
    Any update?
    COVID has kinda put a damper on a lot of my plans for 2020 (as for everyone). I still plan on doing this but I haven't started my job yet and graduating pretty soon (finally). Once I have a steady income, I'll be doing a test run. I haven't forgot. This year has just blown.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Yeah it has. Still interested in a physical copy myself.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Just lining up... am I at the front of the virtual line?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    its been a long time... I wonder if it would be worth updating the audio mix... I dont know if I still have the files tho...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I think I signed up previously, but not sure. The form expired. I'm certainly down for one whenever they come into existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    COVID has kinda put a damper on a lot of my plans for 2020 (as for everyone). I still plan on doing this but I haven't started my job yet and graduating pretty soon (finally). Once I have a steady income, I'll be doing a test run. I haven't forgot. This year has just blown.
    Any updates on this still happening?
    Last edited by Tumnayar; 10-02-2022 at 01:09 PM. Reason: q

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like a handful of you, was always bummed we didn't do a small run of this. So I want to do it. Just for those who really want it. If there is more of a demand, I would do one more run down the line but also limited so that it would be a successful project. I guess if you have input on this, it's welcome.
    Gimmie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prick View Post
    Gimmie
    I suppose it's not happening then with no word

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumnayar View Post
    I suppose it's not happening then with no word
    I talked to him. Still wants to do it, just busy.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I still would like to have a nice physical copy of this...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Me too…

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    This makes three of us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Count me in!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    We passed the 10yr anniversary, what is it going to take to get this one released? Do we need a Kickstarter?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm very tempted to help out with this project. Used to do a lot of blu-ray authoring and printing back in my haydays of videography. Will need to relearn some aspects but I was pretty good at it. I just don't have the equipment I used to have.

If @ninlive is okay with it, I would love to handle this project. Just need a few weeks to:

- Find a decent CD printer (my old teammate may have this)
    - Find a decent Blu-ray burner (my old teammate may have this)
    - Find time to work on this

I will provide realistic cost and project breakdown and breakeven point, but if I can get 30 - 50 people interested in this, I think I can breakeven easy.
    Last edited by shagg_187; 09-22-2023 at 08:58 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Update: I have contacted @ninlive to assist / lead on this project in any shape or form (pending response). Long story short: this will cost $9.09 per person + shipping.

Detailed message: following up on my promise of realistic cost and project breakdown and breakeven point... If I do everything from scratch:

Disc Printing Printer: - $148
    DVD / Blu-ray Burner - $111
    DVD / Blu-ray Authoring Software - $122
    Elite Blu-ray/DVD Case - $37 for 50pc
    Printable BD-R/DVD-R - $37 for 50pc

Total comes to $455. (Note: This cost goes down if I end up finding my old gear and in good condition, however I would still need to buy software as Adobe Encore, which I use for blu-ray Authoring, is no longer supported by new OS).

This will cost me $9.09 (lol) per person if 50 people are interested. Any less, and the cost goes up. Shipping not included (Roughly $15-$20 per person). Any time I invest in this project will be free; Pro Bono. Likely will take me 5 - 10 business days to start / finish this project. Aim is to make it as professional and brand-centric as possible.

So... @ninlive, I send you an email. Let me know if you need help rolling the ball. I am motivated to get my hands on a physical copy of your amazing work

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I appreciate your enthusiasm, but why not go with a professional duplicator, as opposed to the DIY at-home aesthetic? Just at a quick search, you could do 50 copies, screen printed discs in shrink-wrapped cases with full color wrap for $5 each:
    https://www.quickturnduplication.com...nd-duplication

They can handle fulfillment also. All you have to do is provide the assets and the orders.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I appreciate your enthusiasm, but why not go with a professional duplicator, as opposed to the DIY at-home aesthetic? Just at a quick search, you could do 50 copies, screen printed discs in shrink-wrapped cases with full color wrap for $5 each:
    https://www.quickturnduplication.com...nd-duplication

They can handle fulfillment also. All you have to do is provide the assets and the orders.
    Generally, duplication companies are picky with copyright material. That said, this looks like an AMAZING SERVICE.

I will request a quote.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm interested, but I agree, it should be something on par with what the TOIOU project did with AVOTT, meaning something that looks like you could buy it in a store.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I'm interested, but I agree, it should be something on par with what the TOIOU project did with AVOTT, meaning something that looks like you could buy it in a store.
    100% will look like store bought with awesome artwork, great menu, and more.

I got an answer from quickturnduplication, and they are down to do it (thank you @TheBang !). I requested an estimated quote from them for e.g. 25 Blu-ray and 25 DVDs, should get an answer shortly.

Another potential good news, my sister did not update her OSX in her laptop, meaning my copy of Adobe Encore will work on it, significantly reducing my overhead! I will drop by her place this weekend to test it out.

In the meanwhile, waiting on @ninlive to give his blessings (or collab, or even take over). Thank you all for being patient. My goal is to have this ready to go by Christmas this year.

Question: Do people prefer Blu-ray, or DVD, or both? Curious..
    Last edited by shagg_187; 09-28-2023 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Blu-ray for me! Appreciate the effort on this. Count me in for one for sure!!