Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: TOIOU/RITCN: HTDA Live in Chicago Blu-ray/DVD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yessss

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    We’ll see? I have to do a bit more research on it. But, we got the ok from the band to do this. I can talk to management of HTDA to see if we could get the green light on physical
    Last edited by ninlive; 07-08-2018 at 08:48 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I'm in. I don't twitter very much so is there somewhere I should go to get notified?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    How could it have the sigil number ??

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'd be down for a copy.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    How could it have the sigil number ??
    It won't. Just the xx. But I thought that would be a nice addition to it!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    if you do it. I could throw a quick remaster of the audio. I still hear things I'd like to change from when I did it the first time around...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I never knew this existed, I still kick myself for letting my Vegas HTDA tickets burn (I was terribly ill). I would definitely support this as well.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    if you do it. I could throw a quick remaster of the audio. I still hear things I'd like to change from when I did it the first time around...
    Ok! Let's try and get a group message with everyone to see what they think as well about re-tinkering with the audio! I think it sounds great how it is.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    It won't. Just the xx. But I thought that would be a nice addition to it!
    I know it's almost certainly an overreach and not feasible at all, but it would be so cool if it was labeled as Sigil 5 and was officially acknowledged as being that. But having Sigil xx on the spine is a nice touch regardless.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Ok! Let's try and get a group message with everyone to see what they think as well about re-tinkering with the audio! I think it sounds great how it is.
    If everyone digs it then all good! No need to fix what aint broke.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm in.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    As am I!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd be down for a copy.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Would this be allowed under Kickstarter's terms of use? I don't think they allow kickstarters for stuff that you don't own if it's unlicensed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I'm in. If KS doesn't jive (which it should) IndieGogo or Pledgemusic work too
    I don't think crowdfunding is appropriate or even necessary for this. You know about how many people are interested. Just do an initial proof to quality check and show people the product is ready to go. Then, put up an order page. Once you get enough orders, do the run.

I'm not sure who you've looked into for duplication, @ninlive, but I did a quote here for a 200 disc run in Blu-ray case with artwork, and it came out to $870 delivered ($4.35 per disc).

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I was thinking crowdfunding because I don't want to deal with extras and just do one run of discs. I also don't want people to be waiting for a sufficient amount for orders to come in. That could take some time. So people that do it earlier would be waiting longer and we all know (sorry) people can become impatient and that's why I just want to do one big run at once and why it would only happen if it was sufficiently funded. But I can see where you're coming from with just having the orders up for a week and any of the orders to that point will be accepted. With your quote you can have any amount, which the one I was looking at didn't have that option. Only in quantities of 100, 200 etc.

I didn't look at duplicating through them and I haven't had time to shop around. But even at $4.35/disc, shipping (depending on where you are) could be $6-12 which I feel a $12 total order would be suffice and would normalize out for people that are in the states to people ordering from overseas. It may seem illogical to some, but I don't have the necessary coding skills to make an order page and have all these options on the site. Hence, I just want to make it one click kind of deal.

Just to go full circle, this may be stupid for me to even try but I, again are open to suggestions if anyone wants to also help make this happen.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I get what you're saying. I think most crowdfunding sites would reject it though, because it doesn't meet the kind of criteria for a crowdfunding project. As for shopping/checkout page, there are plenty of e-commerce solutions out there that are available for free to do that kind of stuff (take orders, process payment, track fulfillment). If/when we get to that point, I can help you figure that out.

A proper shopping page would let you charge the appropriate amount for shipping, rather than a one-size fits all. Because the shipping costs are really quite significantly different, I don't think it's fair to have the domestic people subsidize the international postage. A Blu-ray weighs about 4 oz. For U.S. shipping, that's $2.66 for First-Class package. For international, the absolute cheapest shipping is First-Class Package International Service, which starts at $9.50-$13.30, depending on destination, for packages up to 8oz.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ok all. So I am looking into doing a *small* physical release... I started running a poll on Twitter just to see what people were saying in regards to wanting one. There have been about 200 people who voted and around 88% so far said that they would want a copy. I think at this point, I do just a very limited run to begin with. Again, I want to stress that this would be an "all or nothing" run. I feel that doing a Kickstarter would be the best way to do it. From me shopping around, it looks to be about $12 for a blu-ray disc. This will include the shipping and will make sure that people around the world will be able to get it as well.

Here is what I have been shopping around for characteristics of the release:
    1) Blu-Ray Digipak
    2) Card Stock insert with credits
    3) Velcro for digipak to stay closed
    4) The obvious HTDA: Live In Chicago artwork on the digipak and Blu-Ray disc.
    5) I will hand number all of the discs of this limited edition run. On the bottom right of the back.

This will have the Sigil of xx on the spine.

Like a handful of you, was always bummed we didn't do a small run of this. So I want to do it. Just for those who really want it. If there is more of a demand, I would do one more run down the line but also limited so that it would be a successful project. I guess if you have input on this, it's welcome.
    im in as well!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    In for 2. One for me, one for my brother, who went to Vegas with me to see them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would get one for sure.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Not sure how i missed this thread. I'd be in for one.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'd throw down $12 for one of these, too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I’m in for a copy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How are we looking here?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'll commit

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    I'm 100% in.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Lets do this

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm just seeing this, but I'll definitely commit to a purchase. Was always sad there was no official release from this tour since I only got to see them in Pomona.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I'm in for a few copies!!!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    School ramped up in the fall here, so my time is limited. But I am in the process of doing a trail batch to see the quality.