Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: TOIOU/RITCN: HTDA Live in Chicago Blu-ray/DVD

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Just to be clear so I'm not missing anything on the site, the downloads for audio and video aren't quite ready yet, right? Fantastic work in any case.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I played with a lot of frequencies to get the audio into the shape its in here. I hope its enjoyable for you all! I enjoyed working on it!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Downloads are indeed forthcoming; Ryan just needs to get home to his FTP first because the files are big.

And yes, literally the only delay here was waiting for the band to maybe/maybe not provide an audio source. Hey, at least nobody took your money!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    'salright innit?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Hey, at least nobody took your money!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Downloads are indeed forthcoming; Ryan just needs to get home to his FTP first because the files are big.

And yes, literally the only delay here was waiting for the band to maybe/maybe not provide an audio source. Hey, at least nobody took your money!
    Shit, this reminded me: I gotta ask my yearly "what ever happened to those guys?" Was there a refund?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Shit, this reminded me: I gotta ask my yearly "what ever happened to those guys?" Was there a refund?
    No, there was no refund. I might as well have lit that 30 dollars on fire.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Confession time, even though I had been working on artwork and website duties I have only just now got around to seeing the performance in its entirety. It's an incredible achievement by the film makers in the context of what this is and I might add truly immersive in its quality too, at one point I nearly forgot I was watching a Youtube video and felt like I was among the crowd! Concert footage at its very best. Thanks to the film makers for this I had a real blast watching for the first time of what is sure to be many more viewings.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    While it doubtless would have been awesome to have pro audio to mix in, personally I often prefer having an AUD recording anyway. The source (sources?) used on the video sound stellar, and there's something to be said for capturing the ambient noise going on at a show. Sure, it's not going to be as clean as something coming from a soundboard, but it's an added layer of immersion. Plus, this way the fan-produced nature of the production is undiluted!

Anyway, once again: totally awesome job on this. Looking forward to giving it another watch later tonight! I'm quite impressed at how well the cameras were able to capture that show - All those surgical-tubing vertical bars over everything must've been a challenge for the cameras.
    This was from just one audience audio recording done with Schoeps MK4s. It was recorded from the static wide shot camera which was basically in front of the soundboard. I prefer audience recordings as well because they capture the ambiance of the venue/show. But I am not going to lie, I would've loved to have gotten a proper mix from HTDA for this after everyone had put so much hard work into filming/editing/working on everything you see on the site and video. There was a big effort put into this and I think HTDA in the end, missed out on it. I mean shoot, they didn't even have to spot the bill for the high end cams! (Thanks Clive ) Not that I am complaining, please don't think that. They just seemed very interested at the beginning when we were there that it sounded promising... I understand that things come up and projects are dropped. But like it was stated earlier, it can always be dropped into someone's DropBox! :P Maybe one day we'll be able to get the feed and release it on the archive? (hint hint HTDA camp!)

Quote Originally Posted by owinn View Post
    Confession time, even though I had been working on artwork and website duties I have only just now got around to seeing the performance in its entirety. It's an incredible achievement by the film makers in the context of what this is and I might add truly immersive in its quality too, at one point I nearly forgot I was watching a Youtube video and felt like I was among the crowd! Concert footage at its very best. Thanks to the film makers for this I had a real blast watching for the first time of what is sure to be many more viewings.
    It's been great to read everyone's initial reactions to the film. Although I had nothing really to do with editing the film and only threw the idea of filming the show in Chicago to TOIOU & recording it, I honestly did not expect this kind of quality. Initially, all I wanted to do was bring in like 4-5 Panasonic Lumix cameras!!! LOL. Again, this shows you that the NIN/HTDA fan community is the best out there... This is by far the best all audience produced live show recording out there. I will have to say that this is one of the highlights of my life that I will never forget. I have loved and appreciated music since I can remember.. Being able to record/film my favorite artist's band openly with a bunch of other tapers was such an honor. All I have ever wanted to do was share music with others. So I am really happy that others are enjoying the film.

Working on the torrent now, it should be ready by midday on Saturday. The file is just under 5GB and I don't think that the NIN Archive could handle (a thousand?) that many downloads of such a large file.

Again, enjoy all. Very cool to see this released.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    About the audio : the editing was pretty much done about over a year ago... We've waited this long because we hoped we would have a pro audio mix, but the band obviously has a lot of other priorities. So after not hearing from them for a year, even after repeated attempts to reach, we decided to go ahead and use a fan recorded source.
    ^ Much better than my first attempt at conveying the same information ;-) This is why I don't write press releases, heh.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I honestly did not expect this kind of quality.
    We did spend $3.5K renting cameras for this ;-)

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hippygeek View Post
    We did spend $3.5K renting cameras for this ;-)
    I meant for what I was planning before we rented the equipment. 5 point and shoot digital cameras vs. a few HVX200's doesn't really compare. Ha!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Here is the torrent file for the digital release: http://www.ninlive.com/downloads/htd...o-H264.torrent

Enjoy!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Here is the torrent file for the digital release: http://www.ninlive.com/downloads/htd...o-H264.torrent

Enjoy!
    Got a shareable link yet, or would you rather give it a slow start?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hot dog! This looks amazing guys!

Loving it!

Got the torrent downloading now!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Got a shareable link yet, or would you rather give it a slow start?
    You can link ninlive.com's main page as that is updated. Owinn is getting the minisite updated soon!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks guys. Looking forward to seeing the result of your efforts.

I have added the torrent to my own seedbox and will keep it seeding there for a while to help spread the load.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    That was great! Thank you to all involved. Looking forward to a physical release for sure. And the audio was great! Thank you again!!!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Many thanks!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Download links available at http://www.toiou.org/htda/
    Get seeding

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Oh man, this is so great.

I can't believe this was 3 and a half years ago already. I watched it last night, and found myself on a few shots too.

Hats off to the team who made this. It came out fantastic!

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    The back of my head is in so many shots, haha. Sorry about that! Seriously, though, great job! Thanks so much for this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm just gonna leave this here is a cryptic manner.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    STAHP.

tenchar

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Who's in charge of the TOIOU youtube account? It seems to have been hacked, as a bunch of videos about feeding babies were uploaded.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Who's in charge of the TOIOU youtube account? It seems to have been hacked, as a bunch of videos about feeding babies were uploaded.
    Not sure about the new creative direction TOIOU is taking.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Here are subtitles
    http://ninfrance.free.fr/soustitre/gindex.html
    a litlle help to fill the very few spoken lines would be awesome

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The download version is amazing, even the sound, thank you people! :-) TOIOU rulez.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Physical please!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I saw Ally live tonight, after the show chatted and he said that he's seen the footage, and it was the first time he'd seen himself performing as HTDA. And that he's looking forward to the dvd!