Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: TOIOU/RITCN: HTDA Live in Chicago Blu-ray/DVD

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RITCNIN View Post
    To give an update, there are just a few more things to do. But we will give more information when the time is right. Trust me.
    Translation - "soon."

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Translation - "soon."
    I wasn't trying to be so ambiguous. But like I said, there are a few more things that need to be put in place.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RITCNIN View Post
    I wasn't trying to be so ambiguous. But like I said, there are a few more things that need to be put in place.
    I know. I was just pretending to be funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really looking forward to this project , The show was amazing when I saw it in NJ.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Given the time since the last posts of "soon", any updates? Are we just waiting for the 1 year mark now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I really hope Rob & Trent had the time to send you guys soundboard audio for this.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Excitement!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Are we just waiting for the 1 year mark now?
    10 days to go...

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    So like, howzabout a ONE SONG teaser preview or something?

Who cares if it's half-assed audio?!?

This mute nothing-more-than-10-seconds-of-Vine-crap after A FULL YEAR is KILLING ME, man.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Still nothing from the band. We are waiting because they have a genuine interest though... From my understanding, they're just too busy right now.

But the truth is: the full thing is edited in three different parts, we just need to join all parts together and replace the audio track.

Be patient. If we're taking so much time , it's because we think it's worth waiting for the best audio source. If it doesn't work out in the end, well bummer, but we'll just put it out with crowd sourced audio.

You know these things take time. We'll deliver.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    ^ Never in doubt!

But if they're too busy and it's taking this long with no end in sight, I'm just saying...there are multiple more-than-decent-enough sources to get a decent sneak peak up-and-running at this point!

I didn't mean to sound so surly, lol. Humblest apologies for that, I'm just dying to see-and-hear ANYTHING at this point! We'll all understand if it's just a best-available-at-the-time audio experience meant to be replaced later, especially considering how good the alternate sources are anyway.

It doesn't even need to be 5.1/7.1/w/e to get people excited, just something that sounds good on PC speakers and headphones, after all.

Just sayin'!

We all have faith in the finished product, BELIEVE ME.

Your track record speaks for itself.

<3

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I would rather wait for the finished result tbh.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I would also rather wait for the finished band sourced audio. I'm patient.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Maybe it's a stupid question, but is there any chance NIN will be interested by releasing your own work officially ?

Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    NIN isn't even interested in releasing their own work officially, dude.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Maybe this thread should be locked until there's actually something to talk about with this. For now it's just "done yet? no? ok bye" over and over and over.

Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Agreed. TOIOUians, PM a mod to unlock this when the time is appropriate. Or start a new thread

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

HTDA Chicago

The TOIOU/NLA release deserves its own thread.

http://toiou.org/htda/

July 22nd, 2015 – In 2012, Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails), Mariqueen Maandig-Reznor (West Indian Girl), Atticus Ross (12 Rounds), Alessandro Cortini (Sonoio) and Rob Sheridan formed How To Destroy Angels. Their debut album “Welcome Oblivion” was followed by 11 sold out shows of the United States - including two shows at Coachella – and demand for further performances, both in the US and overseas. Added to this innovative visuals from Moment Factory and a performance quickly described by the attendees as “exceptional”, the tour was documented to allow their global fan base a chance to experience the work of this supergroup on the stage.
    Members of This One Is On Us (Another Version of the Truth, The Downward Spiral Live) and the Nine Inch Nails Live Archive subsequently sought to capture the performance through the eyes of fans using high definition equipment at the Vic Theatre in Chicago on 23rd April 2012. The footage was edited by fans globally (Detroit, London, Montreal, Australia) and what emerges today is HTDA [CHICAGO]. It is the only complete document of this rare production that was only performed 11 times in club-capacity venues. Available in multiple digital formats, to stream and download, for free. A physical release is being planned.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Indeed! Many congrats to the team who've been working on this. It's great news that it's finally out, and I'm eagerly awaiting the opportunity to buy some physical copies!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Here's the physical request box: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AYD...ttruo/viewform

We've already had 80 responses!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Here's the physical request box: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AYD...ttruo/viewform

We've already had 80 responses!
    Goes without saying, but I assume Region 0/Region free?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think so yeah. I think AVOTT was. I'll talk to Clive to see if we can make you some kind of super deluxe version that costs £400

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Hot damn. I'm only five minutes in, and this is glorious. Fantastic work, everyone!

Edit: Yeah, absolutely glorious throughout. Great job! I loved TR's smile while being introduced by Mariqueen.
    Last edited by xolotl; 07-24-2015 at 12:16 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am I missing the audio download?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Wow, I was not expecting this to come out right now! It looks amazing.

I guess the HTDA camp didn't provide an audio source after all?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Maybe I am a bit slow today (still quite hot weather...), but "Available in multiple digital formats" - where? Of course I _am_ grateful for this, but I can see "just" YouTube right now, maybe later? Peace, just confused. :-)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Shame about the audio, but this still looks and sounds great!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    About the audio : the editing was pretty much done about over a year ago... We've waited this long because we hoped we would have a pro audio mix, but the band obviously has a lot of other priorities. So after not hearing from them for a year, even after repeated attempts to reach, we decided to go ahead and use a fan recorded source.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    It would be funny if the release finally made them go "Oh yeah. That thing we were going to do.", and then suddenly there's a soundboard mix in your Dropbox.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    About the audio : the editing was pretty much done about over a year ago... We've waited this long because we hoped we would have a pro audio mix, but the band obviously has a lot of other priorities. So after not hearing from them for a year, even after repeated attempts to reach, we decided to go ahead and use a fan recorded source.
    While it doubtless would have been awesome to have pro audio to mix in, personally I often prefer having an AUD recording anyway. The source (sources?) used on the video sound stellar, and there's something to be said for capturing the ambient noise going on at a show. Sure, it's not going to be as clean as something coming from a soundboard, but it's an added layer of immersion. Plus, this way the fan-produced nature of the production is undiluted!

Anyway, once again: totally awesome job on this. Looking forward to giving it another watch later tonight! I'm quite impressed at how well the cameras were able to capture that show - All those surgical-tubing vertical bars over everything must've been a challenge for the cameras.