Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I was SO fucking excited to catch this movie last night!

Which pretty much just happened by accident, lol.

I was just there because I had time to kill and a free movie with my reward points so I sneaked in a 1.75 liter bottle of vodka and went to see Captain America: Civil War and X-Men: Apocalypse for like the billionth time each. After those, I sneaked into the 4DX room thinking it would still be X-Men: Apocalypse but OMFG I almost jumped up and CHEERED when I realized it was THIS movie instead! GAH!!! Yes, plz.

XD

Loved it, btw! This movie was SO MUCH fucking fun. I'd skip the 4DX experience unless you're sneaking in, though. Not much going on there, so that part was a little underwhelming.

And I was always more into the comics than the cartoon but GODDAMN Bebop & Rocksteady were awesome and definitely highlights of the movie. Can't wait to see it again tomorrow!

Would've gone again today but I woke up at daybreak on a sidewalk two blocks from the theater, so today was a recovery day for me, lol.

GOOD TIMES.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Saw the movie tonight, it's what the turtles reboot 2 years SHOULD have been. They got everything right. I'm surprised these movies are even from the same universe.
    THIS is the TRUE sequel we all wanted as kids in the 90s.

If you are a fan of the original 80's cartoon series, stop what you are doing and go see this movie. The fan service in off the hook!

Casey Jones was a tad weak, but he was a better side kick than Vernon Fenwick was in the first one.
    And there is actually more turtles screen time than April and friends.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Just got back. This movie was terrific and had a ton of solid action and cheesy Turtles humor. Really it felt like a two hour live-action version of the original cartoon.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    The brotherhood and support the Turtles have for each other and insecurities they have about being different from "normal" people are the only good things about this film. Spoiler alert: Shredder never even fights.

Krang's voice is so fucking bad... He lacks the BRAINS that he is meant to have.. he's supposed to be more of a behind the scenes puppet master.. not a meathead warlord. Casey Jones is ridiculously bad. Beebop and Rocksteady.... just fucking awful. the writers were so lazy. they didn't have a sense of the characters' true personalities (for the bad guys).

The writing is mostly god awful in this one. I realized I was watching a film targeted at children. I felt stupid for having paid money to see this.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    The brotherhood and support the Turtles have for each other and insecurities they have about being different from "normal" people are the only good things about this film. Spoiler alert: Shredder never even fights.

Krang's voice is so fucking bad... He lacks the BRAINS that he is meant to have.. he's supposed to be more of a behind the scenes puppet master.. not a meathead warlord. Casey Jones is ridiculously bad. Beebop and Rocksteady.... just fucking awful. the writers were so lazy. they didn't have a sense of the characters' true personalities (for the bad guys).

The writing is mostly god awful in this one. I realized I was watching a film targeted at children. I felt stupid for having paid money to see this.
    It seems like there may be a bit of perspective loss here...let's not forget from where this franchise gained its popularity:

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    It seems like there may be a bit of perspective loss here...let's not forget from where this franchise gained its popularity:

This is awesome. The new movie blows.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    finally caught the bluray of this and i loved it. i was lolling hard at the Knicks scenes.

they hit a lot of great notes and i really feel like this was one of the first convincing live action cartoon movies.

the only thing i didn't love was not getting a solid shredder action scene but krang was awesome and all the other nods to the cartoon were great as well.

im really hoping that tyler perry shows up in TMNT 3 in fly form which would top this whole thing off. lots of fun and a great watch imo.