Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2013.10.26 - Asheville, NC - Mountain Oasis Electronic Music Summit

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I see the 'Activities' portion updated at some point.

There's a panel on Saturday with Gary Numan.
    And Sunday Alessandro and Justin McGrath are participating in the Trash_Audio Synth Event.

Now for the schedule to be released...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Keep an eye out for unofficial events during Mountain Oasis as well. Last year Cortini did a short set at the Make Noise gallery: https://www.facebook.com/makenoiseco...68841396537187

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Flights booked, bracelets received, and now my amazing girlfriend is coming along with me. This is going to be the best fucking thing ever!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Wow..not sure I'm seeing that schedule right. NIN at 12am to 1:30am? Kinda nice to have a late night show! :-)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    That's Saturday night/Sunday morning, right?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    That's Saturday night/Sunday morning, right?
    Yep! Looks like it.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Wow..not sure I'm seeing that schedule right. NIN at 12am to 1:30am? Kinda nice to have a late night show! :-)
    Damn it, I'M OLD! Guess I'll take a nap during the day to prepare for a late night.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbron View Post
    Damn it, I'M OLD! Guess I'll take a nap during the day to prepare for a late night.
    Day drinking. Lots of day drinking.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    One week 'til Asheville!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have an extra VIP 3 day pass or sale or trade if anyone is interested.. I've been to Lolla, Brooklyn and Newark shows so far and I need to see more. I just can't make it for Mountain Oasis. I'd be willing to trade this 3 day VIP pass(paid 436.10 with fees) for 1 or 2 11.16.13 Vegas tix and cash or best offer
    Last edited by EaterOfDreams; 10-18-2013 at 07:22 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    You guys did see this right?

@nineinchnails tweeted: We're playing @Mtn_Oasis in NC on 10/26. Tweet #NINMO for a chance to win VIP tix, signed merch, backstage, and more. pic.twitter.com/EEy6viORAF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just bought my single day ticket to Saturday. Anybody ever been to this festival before? I have a slight concern about the civic center reaching capacity since it only seats 7,000 or so. Any thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Folks, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in trading my 3 We're In This Together CD singles for a NIN Tour shirt that I was too stupid to pick up in Boston when I had the chance. Private message me if you're interested.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So everyone may know this already or have seen it by now, but Rob said on Twitter that it will “not” be the full Tension production. It will be a unique show, because they can not bring in the whole Tension production. Just FYI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha 60 View Post
    So everyone may know this already or have seen it by now, but Rob said on Twitter that it will “not” be the full Tension production. It will be a unique show, because they can not bring in the whole Tension production. Just FYI.
    well now I feel fucking ripped off. I should've just spent the money to go to Atlanta instead, especially after HTDA pulled out for no reason.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Yeah, dude! How dare they break a legal contract for no reason whatsoever?? Pssshhh.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

2013.10.26 - Asheville, NC - Mountain Oasis Electronic Music Summit

Just because things aren't explicitly stated for the fans doesn't mean HTDA cancelled for no reason whatsoever.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    well now I feel fucking ripped off. I should've just spent the money to go to Atlanta instead, especially after HTDA pulled out for no reason.
    Oh, don't be sour about it. For all anyone knows, "unique" could mean that you'll get a setlist that'll be relatively (and possibly significantly) different from the rest of the Tension shows. You could be in for a real surprise. It shouldn't be about what shows have the best equipment and stage production, it should be about the band's performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Oh, don't be sour about it. For all anyone knows, "unique" could mean that you'll get a setlist that'll be relatively (and possibly significantly) different from the rest of the Tension shows. You could be in for a real surprise. It shouldn't be about what shows have the best equipment and stage production, it should be about the band's performance.
    This is sort of what I am hoping for since I saw them in Raleigh on Monday. If they play one of either Reptile, VMoE, or TDTWWA, I will leave happy.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)

2013.10.26 - Asheville, NC - Mountain Oasis Electronic Music Summit

When they have to change things due to the production being pulled, they tend to make up for that. I'm actually looking forward to the show even more now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am hoping the same for Voodoo. I'm sure it will be different.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Godspeed is soundchecking right now, sounding great.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I just parked across the street and heard them. Do you know if NIN has done theirs yet?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I just parked across the street and heard them. Do you know if NIN has done theirs yet?
    Not sure but I don't think so. If they did it was very early.

5:15 update: this appears to be Gary Numan's soundcheck starting up. Either NIN did soundcheck early or will do so at the last minute.
    Last edited by mrfang; 10-26-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I lost my goddamn wristband and had to buy another, which makes this by far the most expensive show I've ever been to, given that I really don't care about seeing anyone else. Except Numan but even he doesn't make this worth almost $300.

There is already a little line going. Wondering who they are here for. They don't clear the venue in between shows so once you're in you're in. Say hi if you're not shy. I have red hair and glow-in-the-dark skin. And orange shoes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    5:54: I think this is the Bosnian Rainbows soundcheck.

Official word is that outside doors to the venue open at 6, but doors to the inner arena itself won't open until 6:30.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Currently watching Bosnian Rainbows from the upper balcony. I'm going to grab pit for Numan and then take a break during Godspeed and head back before they're done to fibd a good spot for NIN.Say hi if you see me. Long hair, tool hoodie, and doctor who/led zeppelin shirt.