Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1249

Thread: Radiohead

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Haha, I spent all those hours and hours searching for a lossless copy of all these on CD for years and years, before they came to suddenly appear out of nowhere on streaming sites!

Actually, the Romeo + Juliet soundtrack is easy enough to find; though there are two of them — the Nellee Hooper complete score on Vol. 2 has more versions of "Talk Show Host" or at least pieces of music that sample its lead riff. It was having to track down a copy of Memento on CD in the wild second-hand, before the Discogs/eBay trade became good and plentiful... that was painful. Eventually, one turned up while I was browsing a second-hand store in Victoria B.C. on holiday. I tried to explain to the clerk what an awesome find it was for me, and he was basically nodding vacantly, like "sure, anything else?" Hahaha.

I can credit the discovery of that R+J score along with Lost Highway in my early-teenage years for invigorating my interest in film soundtracks and, by extension, the rest of NIN's subsequent career.
    Last edited by botley; 02-22-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I can credit the discovery of that R+J score along with Lost Highway in my early-teenage years for invigorating my interest in film soundtracks and, by extension, the rest of NIN's subsequent career.
    Wipeout XL and Spawn soundtracks were my jams when I was an early teen.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ditto!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Was the music used in A Scanner Darkly ever properly released?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    Didn't they just use previously released tracks? I haven't seen it in a long time, but IMDb and Wikipedia are only listing songs that were already released (aside from Black Swan, which came out right after the film opened)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    It was all released, unless there ended up being an alternate version (not counting film cue edits):

Fog (Again) // Knives Out
    Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors // Amnesiac
    The Amazing Sounds of Orgy // Pyramid Song
    Skttrbrain (Four Tet Remix) // 2 + 2 = 5
    Black Swan // Thom Yorke - The Eraser

@botley Recently, I found a copy of the Lollapalooza promo with that HLAH edit on it. While I could hardly contain my excitement, the worker's only response was, "We have about a thousand more CDs back there."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Radiohead will be posting the first of a weekly live show archive on their YouTube channel tomorrow (10pm UK/5pm NYC/2pm LA) with "Dublin" 2000. Setlist.fm shows they played three consecutive shows in Ireland that year, so it's unclear which show it will be.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 04-08-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/radiohead

Radiohead will be posting the first of a weekly live show archive on their YouTube channel tomorrow (10pm UK/5pm NYC/2pm LA) with "Dublin" 2000. Setlist.fm shows they played three consecutive shows in Ireland that year, so it's unclear which show it will be.
    Most likely it'll be the show that was posted in the library.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Most likely it'll be the show that was posted in the library.
    Derp, yeah the email clearly says they're pulling shows from the public library. Oops haha

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    No post about Thom’s new song he debuted on Fallon?

I’ve been loving these weekly streams. It’s all from the library but personally it’s cool knowing this is curated and is a great little thing to look forward to each week. I know it won’t happen for so many reasons but I’d love something like this for NIN.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    I know it won’t happen for so many reasons but I’d love something like this for NIN.
    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7k...TwOK1xjrq_OiGg

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I mean different shows every week or a 24 hour livestream like Nick Cave.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    It's nice and all, but unless they add some previously uncirculated stuff or upgrade quality, what's the big deal? Do people need to be spoonfed that much with a livestream of stuff that's already all over youtube?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    It's nice and all, but unless they add some previously uncirculated stuff or upgrade quality, what's the big deal? Do people need to be spoonfed that much with a livestream of stuff that's already all over youtube?
    Speaking only for myself, the main attraction of watching these was the experience of live reactions in the chat window (and even on Twitter) from other fans. Reminded me of good times catching Periscope feeds from actual live shows.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    About to start this:

and because I know a guy I am also listening to this which figures in the book as "the greatest show they've played".

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://www.guitars101.com/forums/f1...ac-175389.html

in case you want a copy of that show.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    There's a B-side too!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Woww, this collaboration! I couldn't stop listening to those tracks they released about a decade ago, and this is just as good.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Yeah we really need a whole album of this

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I keep thinking I should get into Radiohead. Where’s a good place to start? OK NOT OK?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I keep thinking I should get into Radiohead. Where’s a good place to start? OK NOT OK?
    Yep, then move forward to Kid A and Amnesiac.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i mean you can probably just listen to the normal version of Ok Computer

Yep, then move forward to Kid A and Amnesiac.
    Kid A was my entry-point but it was when it was actually released so i feel like that's why it was so instrumental in getting me into the band.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I have a vivid memory of seeing the "Creep" video for the first time as a 8 year old kid in '93 and when Johnny hit those palm mutes right before the chorus, I instantly got goosebumps. Still chasing that high. I had the Pablo Honey cd but only listened to "You" and "Creep". Kind of missed out on The Bends era. Then the "Paranoid Android" video dropped and that's when I really connected with the band. My band is even named after a Radiohead lyric (girls in the eighties, taken from a Fake Plastic Trees line [we sound nothing like Radiohead lol]).

I would start with The Bends and go through the albums chronologically. Hearing the transition from Bends -> OK Computer -> Kid A was something to behold. They got comfy after that and found their lane and mostly stay there.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i mean you can probably just listen to the normal version of Ok Computer
    Sure, but how interesting are the b-sides? I tend to go deep rather than wide when I listen to something.

I should probably point out that I've certainly heard Radiohead before; I've listened to chunks of OK Computer before and suspect I'd like it all; I've also heard Kid A and Amnesiac that were really big with friends of mine when they came out but I couldn't really get into back then. That was a long time ago now, though![/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Sure, but how interesting are the b-sides? I tend to go deep rather than wide when I listen to something.
    This is a band with excellent B-sides. If you go through all their singles on streaming sites you're going to find lots of hidden gems.