Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Radiohead

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Burn the witch !!
    Last edited by Rdm; 03-18-2016 at 11:51 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    i got one for msg through ticketmaster. very excited.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Thom Yorke tweeted that he is as fucked off as everyone else, but what did he think would happen playing 3 nights at a club sized venue like The Roundhouse in the UK?
    They could at least have played Brixton Academy for 3 nights which is nearly 5000 capacity. I can understand not wanting to play arenas though
    they are playing arenas in the US, NYC's madison square garden had the same issue, with 60% of the tickets up on stubhub already, so it seems. super corrupt.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    they are playing arenas in the US, NYC's madison square garden had the same issue, with 60% of the tickets up on stubhub already, so it seems. super corrupt.
    They haven't been to the US in ages and there's a lack of shows (what is it is...3 or 4 in total?) so I'm not surprised they sold out that quickly. Problem is scalpers. I'm sure there's a few overinflated tickets on eBay if I searched right now.

Edit:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...+2016&_sacat=0

Sure are!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    So they aren't adding any more shows this year, right?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post

this was entirely inevitable. there's roughly 1k tickets up on stubhub around 2-3hundred right now for each show and the total with a non-rear stage viewing area is 12k? so about 8%

but i totally understand the feeling, but this is actually better than the pearl jam situation at the garden where they even included all seats behind the stage.

msg just sucks in general.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    this was entirely inevitable. there's roughly 1k tickets up on stubhub around 2-3hundred right now for each show and the total with a non-rear stage viewing area is 12k? so about 8%

but i totally understand the feeling, but this is actually better than the pearl jam situation at the garden where they even included all seats behind the stage.

msg just sucks in general.
    There really should be a law in place to stop this shit. The band should sell the tickets themselves, and include a legally binding contract that the person who buys the ticket will be there attending the show, provide proof of their identity, and that if they try to sell it for more than face value online they owe the band a billion and a half dollars. This should be in the terms of service.

Fuck scalpers and their bots.

This was also the only reason I never regretted my Spiral membership... super easy to get awesome seats the show I bought from there. Have the fan club pay a service fee, give em a free fucking poster and secured access to tickets.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 03-18-2016 at 09:21 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    or how about this... since it's two tickets, make it so that the person buying the tickets has to declare the names of both ticket holders within 1 hour of buying the ticket, otherwise the tickets go back into the pool and are made available to other buyers. Fuck it, if you're radiohead, require that people submit a scanned image of the drivers license or passport for the primary buyer.

There's ways to do this! Sure, it sounds like a huge hassle, but it's way less of a fucking hassle than what the fans are having to deal with right now. It is straight up fucking disgusting that there's a pair of tickets for one of the LA shows on eBay right now going for $5000. Require prior vetting and registration. To discourage bots, require that people pay 1 dollar to attempt to buy the tickets! Fuck it, make the attempt 10 dollars, and if they don't get tickets, give them ten dollars worth of something scalpers don't want, like an iTunes gift card. I don't know, every idea flooding into my head right now makes more sense than "We're one of the biggest bands in the world, we haven't played live in years, and we're going to play 4 headlining shows in the US, two each in the biggest cities on each coast, in small venues! It'll be awesome! Oh yeah, to discourage scalpers we'll say 'don't do that!' and promise to stop it!"

Love this band, but they're fools right here.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 03-18-2016 at 10:41 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    or how about this... since it's two tickets, make it so that the person buying the tickets has to declare the names of both ticket holders within 1 hour of buying the ticket, otherwise the tickets go back into the pool and are made available to other buyers. Fuck it, if you're radiohead, require that people submit a scanned image of the drivers license or passport for the primary buyer.

There's ways to do this! Sure, it sounds like a huge hassle, but it's way less of a fucking hassle than what the fans are having to deal with right now. It is straight up fucking disgusting that there's a pair of tickets for one of the LA shows on eBay right now going for $5000. Require prior vetting and registration. To discourage bots, require that people pay 1 dollar to attempt to buy the tickets! Fuck it, make the attempt 10 dollars, and if they don't get tickets, give them ten dollars worth of something scalpers don't want, like an iTunes gift card. I don't know, every idea flooding into my head right now makes more sense than "We're one of the biggest bands in the world, we haven't played live in years, and we're going to play 4 headlining shows in the US, two each in the biggest cities on each coast, in small venues! It'll be awesome! Oh yeah, to discourage scalpers we'll say 'don't do that!' and promise to stop it!"

Love this band, but they're fools right here.

I agree with everything you said, i really like the thought of a binding agreement, a law, because yes it is that serious because they are making money off the backs of the musicians hard work. I cant tell you how many times i have paid like 1000% over face value .

True story- my girlfriend bought me two tickets on a scalper site to see jamie XX in A 250 Capacity venue, she thought she was paying 450 for two tickets, which is insane, but ended to be 450 each and tax and fees were over a thousand dollars. She attempted to get her money back and stated it was her mistake but the company just said no refunds and that was that. its really easy to make a mistake using a paypal credit card.

we also just bought two tickets to father john misty for 300 total. it really is a huge problem. The best example I seen a musician do was the spiral by NIN. I still have that wallet card. LOL

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    or how about something like this? "If you have an At Ease login that originated before 2010, you will have access to a presale of 30% of the tickets? Is it really that hard to do something like that?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    "If you have an At Ease login that originated before 2010, you will have access to a presale of 30% of the tickets?
    Yeah, yeah. "Be an ETS member before 2011... oh shit, sorry everyone"

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I wish the band would do another thumbs down/scotch mist livestream, but I imagine it'd be incredibly hard to do with how popular they are now...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    radiohead and lcd soundsystem headlining lolla. that's a doozy.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Edit I was wrong
    Last edited by Rdm; 03-19-2016 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    PT Anderson directs new Radiohead video: http://www.factmag.com/2016/04/10/pa...diohead-video/

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    PT Anderson directs new Radiohead video: http://www.factmag.com/2016/04/10/pa...diohead-video/

That was very hard to read, the guy's a total douche

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    A new Radiohead video directed by Paul Thomas Anderson.....

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

"The new album will sound exactly the same as what you've heard before" probably didn't fare as well with the test groups.

Seriously though, I would love to be excited again for a new Radiohead album. Back in the 90s they were one of my favorite bands

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    http://pitchfork.com/news/65161-radi...itch-leaflets/

Look at my post on the top of this page

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    "The new album will sound exactly the same as what you've heard before" probably didn't fare as well with the test groups.

Seriously though, I would love to be excited again for a new Radiohead album. Back in the 90s they were one of my favorite bands
    That's a bit unfair when talking about Radiohead. As much as the last two albums didn't do much for me, seriously it's one of those bands that actually try to evolve regularly. Might not be up our alley, but they're not the Foo Fighters (which I love, but they're the antithesis of the experimenting sound).
    Sure it's not the constant U-turns they made at the end of the 90ies, but each album is a shift from the previous one.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Something weird is happening on radiohead.com

the colors are fading every ten minutes

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Now dead air space is fading in and out

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Both radiohead.com and das is all white !!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's happening......What's happening......

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    RH's Twitter and Facebook pages have been purged and deleted of all content, FB profile pic is a blank white

this is an interesting approach...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Of course this is all happening when I have to go to a cook out...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Well, I'm both extremely excited and completely prepared to be massively disappointed by nothing materializing