Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Radiohead

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    So A Moon Shaped Pool is on Spotify. Wonder how Yorke thinks about that.
    He was able to negotiate his own royalty rate this time, so I imagine he feels great about it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    On Friday several record stores will be hosting a Radiohead-curated live stream & raffles for rare items related to A Moon Shaped Pool... I'll be celebrating at Love Garden

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasisity View Post
    On Friday
    Don't you mean...

On a Friday

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    realizing that they've had the same members since they were "on a friday", it occurs to me that radiohead are one of the longest standing bands to never have any lineup changes. that's pretty impressive for a band that has existed for 30 years.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    realizing that they've had the same members since they were "on a friday", it occurs to me that radiohead are one of the longest standing bands to never have any lineup changes. that's pretty impressive for a band that has existed for 30 years.
    I was thinking that same thing just a few days ago.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    U2 is the same way. They've only ever performed ONE show in their entire career without one of the members (ZooTV in Sydney, Tape Rehearsal set). Other than that, U2 has had the exact same lineup their entire 40 year career. Pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just picked up the Indie Store version of AMSP and rather than it being simply White, like listed, mine has a slight black swirl to it which makes it fit the artwork even more. I dig it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I knew paying 75 dollars on ebay for " the limited edition white vinyl" A moon shaped Pool was going to be a mistake. Those damn limited edition vinyls !
    Last edited by Rdm; 06-17-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    I knew paying 75 dollars on ebay for " the limited edition white vinyl" A moon shaped Pool was going to be a mistake. Those damn limited edition vinyls !
    you should have just bought the special edition if you were gonna spend that much!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    you should have just bought the special edition if you were gonna spend that much!

I did buy that too.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I read someone died all because of a bunch of fanatical motherfuckers. Seriously, fuck these fanatics.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Fucking animals.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    No one was killed, just roughed up. I'm going to listen to my indie vinyl twice as loud today.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Holy shit, . That "Bodysnatchers"! Pretty much every song is killer tho.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    tonight at msg was amazing. got tickets an hour before the show through ticketmaster and the seats were great.

first let down in 10 years and they seem to be all about playing the hits after song 5.

night two creep? im hoping for it.

I'll be at Stout on 33rd before the show tomorrow if anyone wants to get a drink

Last edited by TheyCallMeDrug; 07-27-2016 at 01:24 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    P.S. if anyone really wants tickets people got pairs for GA West and the 100's sections throughout the day at face value no fees from the box office.

and between 5-6PM through ticketmaster. good luck!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    glad i got to go- but almost embarrassed about having to shell out on stubhub only to see tickets released. oh well.

loved the show- though as much as i dig moon shaped pool some of the songs just don't translate well to arenas. 'let down' was euphoric. it was my number one "would love to hear this, but doubt they'd touch it" and lo and behold... also was kinda bummed about the entire lack of amnesiac material.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Yeah, aside from a one-off "Like Spinning Plates" at the Roundhouse plus a few scattered outings for "You and Whose Army?" and "Pyramid Song", they've basically skipped that album on this tour. But yeah, "Let Down" was a huge surprise to see and it still works really really well.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    that's too bad! i compared the roundhouse setlists and didn't see as much variation as i expected, so i may pass on scoping out tickets for tonight's show. i feel super satisfied, and spending $210 and missing a night with my son might not be a good tradeoff for hearing 'pyramid song' (as much as i love that one).

were you there, @botley ? that kick into 'let down' was really something. those swells before 'planet telex' were similarly exciting.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I watched it on Periscope! Doesn't look like I can make it in person to any of the shows this year, which is a bummer. Was hoping to trek up to Osheaga on Sunday but duty calls

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i hear you. the radiohead/pj harvey/blur bi-coastal-only tour thing is kind of a drag for a lot of people. honestly, i was put out by the ticket buying process and almost refused to go on principle. i've loved the band on and off since 1993, and at this point, enough was enough and i just wanted to see them live at least once.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    we're gonna get a nice mix tonight for sure. i know theyve been soudchecking IMBW so that could be some amnesiac for you. im really just looking for those bends/ok computer tracks that they haven't played since the 08 tour. 2011 was great but none of the older hits got touched that tour.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    night 1 was better imo. creep was a saving grace to make night 2 something special.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I could never hear Creep again and be completely fine. I do think it's cool that they aren't embarrassed to play it, but these dudes are light years past that song.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I could never hear Creep again and be completely fine. I do think it's cool that they aren't embarrassed to play it, but these dudes are light years past that song.
    its not like that at all.

it's always been a treat to hear live knowing they only pull it out on very rare occasion. this tour has made it much more regular and you can tell theyre making sure to play it at all the big markets which is the first time they've done that since 1998.

and i think the other 23 songs in the setlist prove what kinda band they are and their importance today

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    as long as they play The Gloaming and Reckoner at every show of theirs I see, i will be happy. the groove on those two are just so good.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    They are streaming the full Lollapalooza show on Redbull.tv right now. It was incredible.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    they're replaying the Lollapalooza Stream on Monday at 3:55AM and 10:35AM.

if anyone can tape it thatd be amazing

edit:
    Last edited by TheyCallMeDrug; 08-01-2016 at 02:37 AM.