Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1249

Thread: Radiohead

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I don't think the physical packages are expected to arrive until early 2022. So far I've only listened to the new tracks (which could probably be called more accurately 'painstakingly restored demo/alt takes' than anything else) on Spotify. The cassette tape version was supposed to come with access to all the digital files as of now, but so far I haven't gotten any notifications/downloads from the band's end of things; just my PayPal confirming that I placed the order.
    That's disappointing, the standard vinyl and even red colour variant for indie stores has been showing up here already in Canada. Maybe we got a different shipment?

Ixi weighs in:

Last edited by botley; 11-06-2021 at 11:39 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    That's disappointing, the standard vinyl and even red colour variant for indie stores has been showing up here already in Canada. Maybe we got a different shipment?
    I'm really not sure. On the shop site, it says that the black vinyl won't be shipped until Nov 29th, and the cassette tape box should be "early 2022." Still, I should have access to all the digital downloads now, and unless I'm missing something (and I'm usually pretty good at this sorta stuff), I don't.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm really not sure. On the shop site, it says that the black vinyl won't be shipped until Nov 29th, and the cassette tape box should be "early 2022." Still, I should have access to all the digital downloads now, and unless I'm missing something (and I'm usually pretty good at this sorta stuff), I don't.
    I got the red vinyl variant at Amoeba at San Francisco yesterday, but won’t have my record player for another two/three weeks.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Anyone have the cover art for these? The official download if you buy it from their website only has the Kid A cover, but not the Amnesiac cover or the Kid Amnesiae cover.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Anyone have the cover art for these? The official download if you buy it from their website only has the Kid A cover, but not the Amnesiac cover or the Kid Amnesiae cover.
    That's all that was included. For now, these are from the vinyl version:

Front of sleeve for Kid Amnesiae:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Thanks, but man that sucks. Hopefully high res scans will show up at some point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Has anything come yet of the PS5 - Kid Amnesiac collaboration?
    I remember the trailer from a month ago saying November.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    Nothing as of yet. But expect an announcement very soon, I've been checking every week lol.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Can't say enough about Kid Amnesiae. Amazing little collection, and well presented.

But it sure would have been better with the extra 33 minutes of released b-sides afterward... besides on the cassette (and that isn't all of them anyway).

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Announce trailer just dropped: 11/18/21.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    According to the Epic Game store it's next weeks free game

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Got my CD(s) in the mail today. Loved the third disc. It would have been easy to just throw together some outtakes and B-sides and call it a day, but I like that they went through the effort to do some sequencing and present something that works as a whole. I agree with some people that it's a bit too short, but it works as a trippy journey through whatever headspace is between the two albums.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The 3rd disc inspired me. Here's a mostly covers take on the two albums.
    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1C...2Q4aqdtbLeo3pv

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I spent three and a half hours with this on stream tonight. It was one of the most incredible and rewarding explorations of any record I have ever experienced. If they did something like this for The Fragile, NIN fans could die happy.
    Download it, get some excellent headphones, and dive in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I spent three and a half hours with this on stream tonight. It was one of the most incredible and rewarding explorations of any record I have ever experienced. If they did something like this for The Fragile, NIN fans could die happy.
    I was watching someone stream it but was moving through an airport so I couldn't tell. How does in game movement affect the audio? PS5 brags about 3d-audio. Is any element of that present here?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I'm diving in tomorrow night! So glad that you enjoyed this, this is the type of reaction I was expecting.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I was watching someone stream it but was moving through an airport so I couldn't tell. How does in game movement affect the audio? PS5 brags about 3d-audio. Is any element of that present here?
    I played it with the PS5 headset and it is FULLY 3D audio integrated. Can't imagine it otherwise.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'm currently playing it w/ some really great headphones plugged into the controller and it sounds awesome... just wish it was possible to get it a little louder. These headphones aren't amplified and the sound from the street is messing with the immersion a little, and I don't have a headphone amp to crank it just a little. But yeah, this is really something.

Does this work w/ VR? I have the PS VR headset, but I haven't plugged it into my PS5 yet because I haven't gotten the new camera, so it stays hooked up to my ps4 in the bedroom. If this works with it that might be a worthwhile investment.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    God, i would love this in VR! Has anyone tried the QR codes? I couldnt get them to scan but my phone is kinda garbage

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    God, i would love this in VR! Has anyone tried the QR codes? I couldnt get them to scan but my phone is kinda garbage
    Yeah, they take you to a shop portal to buy some stickers, notebooks, art, and it also comes with a "map" that is like a museum layout, directing you where to go

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wish it were on Series X but oh well! Looks cool. The album is great.

AMNESIAC > KID A

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Some audio files from the exhibition compiled and sequenced

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Yorke and Donwood talk about the Exhibition.

Starts at 2:22:42

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0011sf5

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I didn't end up buying Kid A Mnesia... I have the deluxe editions of both of the albums, and the b-sides, etc., and given that there's no additional work on the original audio, the extra tracks, while a nice inclusion, weren't enough to justify the cost of admission for me.

I wasn't even paying that much attention to the world at large, but somewhere I saw a mention of this Kid A Mnesia Exhibition thing, and that intrigued me. As a free download on the Epic platform, it was an easy choice to snag it and fire it up to see what it was like over the weekend. I was surprised at the size of the download, but when it finished and I started it up, my initial impressions were positive. I had seen a video of Thom and Stanley talking about the artwork they'd created at the time, and figured this might be some variation of the virtual gallery concept that I've seen fall so flat so many times before, but hey, it started out with a cool stylistic forest.

I was maybe ten or fifteen minutes into exploring when I had to stop. A few minutes in, I was impressed at how it felt like visiting an actual museum in some foreign country, and then it turned into an incredibly surreal experience, and I knew I shouldn't just be casually walking around. A couple of days later, I set aside my afternoon, and I ended up taking about three hours exploring the exhibition (after updating my settings to bump up the video quality, which wasn't bad at all, but I have enough of a video card that I could max out the settings)

It was absolutely incredible, the perfect companion to these albums in every sense. I loved the interactivity, both aurally and visually, and the way the laws of physics sometimes just drops out from underneath you, but in a way that feels like a super high tech amusement park attraction, rather than something that pulls you out of the experience because it seems silly. And having not listened to the new material, the inclusion of it in the exhibition really helped bring the whole thing to a different level. I love the idea that basically none of the material in the exhibit was new, even though so much of it was new to me. As someone who chased down as many of those blipverts as I could 21 years ago, and downloaded fuzzy MPG copies of live performances from the era, flipping through the book hidden under the CD and later through the deluxe edition art books, they did a fantastic job of incorporating that whole era into a remarkable experience. I came away from it feeling like I'd just seen a massive art production or concert. Killer, killer job.

Like mentioned above, I feel like something similar could be done for The Fragile, but I also don't think the scale would be the same, from the visuals standpoint. There's also a lack of people in the artwork for TF, and I actually found the wandering stick figures and minotaurs and bears to be a charming element that helped with immersion. I think there are a lot of ways that a similar crowd of avatars in a NIN-themed exhibition could go horribly wrong.

It makes me want to get a VR headset. Nothing makes me want to get a VR headset, but this does.

Oh, and the merch store! If I weren't so good about not buying stuff, I'd be in trouble. I think they really knocked that out of the park too. I'm an old enough man now that I stared reeeeeal hard at that tea set. (My recent foray into archaeology has a lot to do with that too, if I'm being candid)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Also, some of the video content was made by Shynola.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/windo...bition/credits

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Also, some of the video content was made by Shynola.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/windo...bition/credits
    Yeah, they did the Kid A blips back in the day.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Random/Off-Topic -- had a dream last night that it was announced that Trent and Atticus started a new side project with Tom Yorke and got realllllly sad when I woke and realized that would never happen.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    is anyone getting shipping emails for the vinyl? so far I just got the "hey download your shit" email. https://merch.kida-mnesia.com/

we drink a lot of tea but I would get a very sideways look if I busted that out.
    Last edited by allegate; 11-30-2021 at 10:20 AM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Random/Off-Topic -- had a dream last night that it was announced that Trent and Atticus started a new side project with Tom Yorke and got realllllly sad when I woke and realized that would never happen.
    Never say never...