Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Radiohead

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    God I love Climbing Up The Walls live. The change from the eerie quieter part to the chaotic loud bit and build up at the end always feels more powerful to me live.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    That breakdown during Ful Stop is incredible live...fuuuuuu

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    That breakdown during Ful Stop is incredible live...fuuuuuu
    Ful Stop is the best Moon Shaped Pool song live IMO.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Lollapalooza MP3's - https://mega.nz/#!iRZQFLSL!heos6Po12...LSB645pV9GJSxk

if no one posts a DL of the video stream by tonight I'll do it myself when I'm home later.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ive found i feel very elated and naturally high every time radiohead is in the states touring. staying up til dawn replaying setlists of old shows and new rips back to back.

i allow myself to go down the radiohead live media rabbit hole whenever they're actively touring and it's been an awesome experience as usual

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Ful Stop is the best Moon Shaped Pool song live IMO.
    The Numbers is really good live too, but for energy I would totally agree. They still nail the atmosphere live in The Numbers.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Great NPR interview with Jonny:

http://www.npr.org/sections/allsongs...campaign=music

I never doubted it, but it's great to hear him speak in a way that confirms they're planning on another album, considering the way so many people immediately rush to say "this is it!" every time an older act puts out a new album these days.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Just got back from seeing them at outside lands. The show was incredible, although it took Thom a couple songs to get his voice going. All the new songs sounded great live, It sounds like I'm in the minority here with that opinion. It sucks that I had to see them in a festival, the people there were incredibly irritating- talking during songs, two people got into a fist fight right behind me, people constantly pushing their way up to the front. I thought concert etiquette was common knowledge .

Im just happy I got to see them again. I would rate the show a strong 9/10. LOL

Edit
    Thoms vocal's on let down were extremely good- that part in the song - you know, you know where you are with ex ex- the vocal's on that part gave me goosebumps
    Last edited by Rdm; 08-07-2016 at 02:41 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    . It sucks that I had to see them in a festival, the people there were incredibly irritating- talking during songs, two people got into a fist fight right behind me, people constantly pushing their way up to the front.
    exactly why i skipped this one, i can't stand these idiots at concerts anymore and festivals such as this one in this very city just drag them in masses. I bit the bullet a few years ago for NIN but I swore that was the last time. What sucks is this might be the only show they will do in the bay area in this touring cycle, definitely not a good way to see them live.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    always risky seeing a non-aggressive band in a festival setting. If its someone heavier or louder they can drown out the idiots for at least large portions of the show. Radiohead has such a delicate sound at times that it can really be ruined by idiots. Sorry man. Best way to combat it at a festival is to be all the way up front with the super fans, but thats easier said than done.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    Just got back from seeing them at outside lands. The show was incredible, although it took Thom a couple songs to get his voice going. All the new songs sounded great live, It sounds like I'm in the minority here with that opinion. It sucks that I had to see them in a festival, the people there were incredibly irritating- talking during songs, two people got into a fist fight right behind me, people constantly pushing their way up to the front. I thought concert etiquette was common knowledge .

Im just happy I got to see them again. I would rate the show a strong 9/10. LOL

Edit
    Thoms vocal's on let down were extremely good- that part in the song - you know, you know where you are with ex ex- the vocal's on that part gave me goosebumps
    I can't stand Outside Lands/festivals in general, so I opted to skip this. I'm sort of regretting it? I still haven't seen Radiohead live. Though I can't really think of a venue where they'd play otherwise without having to do a residency besides the Shoreline. And the sound at Shoreline isn't great and the crowd can be just as bad. I've noticed a few bands that will just do the festival circuit here without a proper show and it's a major bummer. Sigur Ros is doing the same thing, but they are playing Treasure Island instead. I'll at least be heading down to the LA for them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Has anyone received their special edition of the new album yet? Or received a shipping notification? Their site says it will ship in September. I haven't received anything yet.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    Has anyone received their special edition of the new album yet? Or received a shipping notification? Their site says it will ship in September. I haven't received anything yet.
    nope. i've been wondering the same.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    i need those bonus tracks...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    i need those bonus tracks...
    If you look at the store image, the bonus CD has teo tracks listed on the CD. One of the two tracks is Spectre and already released. I have Spectre in lossless. So there's really only one other bonus track.
    Last edited by neorev; 09-12-2016 at 07:23 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Probably the best footage of the tour so far. The mix is superb and the crowd was amazing.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Everybody here that wants to has heard Ill Wind by now, I'm assuming, right?

If not, P to the M me and I'll see what I can do for you

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my special edition shipped a couple days ago and should be here monday!!!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    How the fuck did "Ill Wind" not make the record? It is insanely fucking good. ​Floored.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    How the fuck did "Ill Wind" not make the record? It is insanely fucking good. ​Floored.
    Agreed. I felt the same with the bonus tracks for TKOL as well.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

wow, is this set beautiful. my pictures don't do it any kind of justice.

haven't listened to the album for the last couple of months so i'm excited to give it a spin on vinyl.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So my Mail Person marked my Deluxe Edition as delivered but its nowhere to be found, and when I contacted the post office they basically said "it was delivered so we don't know where it is". Super fucking frustrating. Im like 90 percent sure it wasn't stolen either because we were home when it was supposedly delivered.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

I could really go for more of these

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    So my Mail Person marked my Deluxe Edition as delivered but its nowhere to be found, and when I contacted the post office they basically said "it was delivered so we don't know where it is". Super fucking frustrating. Im like 90 percent sure it wasn't stolen either because we were home when it was supposedly delivered.
    No chance it could have been stolen by your mail person? Not sure how you could go about proving that. Do you live in an apartment block where there might be anyone else who could verify if deliveries were made at the time stated?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Just saw them play twice in Mexico. They played Let Down. It was great. I took a video of 2+2=5 that is pretty chaotic but more or less captured what it felt like to be there. I'll upload stuff when I get home

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Just saw them play twice in Mexico. They played Let Down. It was great. I took a video of 2+2=5 that is pretty chaotic but more or less captured what it felt like to be there.

hey fuck you that's awesome fuck you jealous so cool fuck you

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Just saw them play twice in Mexico. They played Let Down. It was great. I took a video of 2+2=5 that is pretty chaotic but more or less captured what it felt like to be there. I'll upload stuff when I get home
    Seriously the setlists from those shows were the bests of the tour, you're a real lucky motherfucker. Pretty sure you also saw the only shows that they played Fake Plastic Trees at all tour, too.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)

Warning: lots of strobe/flash lights
    Last edited by Jinsai; 10-07-2016 at 08:22 PM.