Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42
Results 1,231 to 1,249 of 1249

Thread: Radiohead

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I really liked the first Smile record. So, the two most essential creative members of Radiohead are just going to have a side band and drop a lot of music? That sounds pretty much like Radiohead? yeah, I'm good with that haha

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    So excited for the Forest Hills Stadium show in a few weeks!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I'm just over here waiting for EOB LP2 to drop...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I'm just over here waiting for EOB LP2 to drop...
    I loved that record. Got lost in the pandemic, would have loved to see him live.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    I loved that record. Got lost in the pandemic, would have loved to see him live.
    Was lucky enough to catch their debut show in Toronto! Sounds like Ed has been revamping his gear in preparation for a proper tour behind the new one:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I saw The Smile last night in Philly and it was fantastic. They played 5 new songs, so I feel like they are gearing up for an LP at some point soon. Thom sounded better than ever and was in great spirits; it’s always nice seeing him slap the shit out of the bass too. Tom Skinner is a damn impressive drummer; lots of complex patterns and time signatures pulled off with ease. I don’t know if the production on “A Light For Attracting Attention” was muted or dull, but hearing the songs in a live setting with an extra player really added another dimension. Highlights included Skirting On The Surface, Speech Bubbles, Feeling Pulled Apart By Horses (good lord they fucking let loose in the end), and Bending Hectic (eerily disorienting until the 2 minute climax, which memorized the crowd).

Only complaint was that the venue was oversold and it was nearly impossible to find a comfortable spot with a good angle (think NIN at Terminal 5 on Wave Goodbye). Also, Robert Stillman is obviously a talented man and shined during The Smile’s set….but his opening act was perhaps the worst I have ever seen. No vocals, no percussion, no charisma….just a man with an Apple and a Sax making inaudible sounds.
    Last edited by Failure; 07-09-2023 at 12:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was also at the Philly show. You're right about the opener...nobody seemed to be into it at all. I managed to get maybe 6 or 7 rows back on the floor and had a pretty good view. It would have been better without the drunk guy who was barely able to stand and kept hanging on people and turning around to look at everyone. He bailed after 5 or 6 songs though.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    hey, this is a random attempt at something... but does anyone have the recording of the show from Bilbao Spain, 2001? In the Plaza De Toros.
    Maybe the best Radiohead show I've seen, and I used to have a soundboard quality recording of it (which I can no longer find).

It's nowhere. Even though there was a bootleg CD pressed from it. https://rateyourmusic.com/release/un...ao-spain-2001/

Anyone know where I could look even?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The Smile will release a new album, Wall Of Eyes, on 26th January 2024 on XL Recordings.

A track from the record, also called Wall Of Eyes, is out today and is accompanied by a video from the film director Paul Thomas Anderson.

This is the album tracklist:

Wall Of Eyes
    Teleharmonic
    Read The Room
    Under Our Pillows
    Friend Of A Friend
    I Quit
    Bending Hectic
    You Know Me!
    The Smile will play a run of dates in UK and Europe in March 2024 as follows:

Wed 13th March: Copenhagen - K.B. Hallen
    Fri 15th March: Brussels - Forest National
    Sat 16th March: Amsterdam - AFAS Live
    Mon 18th March: Brighton - Brighton Centre
    Tue 19th March: Manchester - O2 Apollo
    Wed 20th March: Glasgow - SEC Armadillo
    Fri 22nd March: Birmingham - O2 Academy
    Sat 23rd March: London - Alexandra Palace

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The first Smile album never really clicked for me and just kinda felt like a parody of a Radiohead act. But this new album is REALLY good. Significantly more interesting and original than the first album. Lovin' it

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    hey, this is a random attempt at something... but does anyone have the recording of the show from Bilbao Spain, 2001? In the Plaza De Toros.
    Maybe the best Radiohead show I've seen, and I used to have a soundboard quality recording of it (which I can no longer find).

It's nowhere. Even though there was a bootleg CD pressed from it. https://rateyourmusic.com/release/un...ao-spain-2001/

Anyone know where I could look even?
    This one? https://archive.org/details/Radiohead_2001-05-26

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    The first Smile album never really clicked for me and just kinda felt like a parody of a Radiohead act. But this new album is REALLY good. Significantly more interesting and original than the first album. Lovin' it
    Really? I think the first album is great, especially Skrting On The Surface, which is right up there with Reckoner for me. I think it sounded nothing like the past few Radiohead albums, definitely miles from A Moon Shaped Pool and The King of Limbs.

I'm only a few songs into the new album, and so far I'm liking it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    That bodes well! Definitely looking forward to giving it a spin. I wonder if the switch in producer (no Godrich this time) helps give it its own identity. Is this the first Thom-related project that Godrich wasn't involved in? Since what, Pablo Honey?

But yeah I feel similarly about the debut. I listened to it a bunch when it came out but not much since. Spun it today and was super into it for the first half or so, but it still didn't captivate me the whole way through. Might say more about the state of my attention span these days more than anything though.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Pretty good album. Seems like they were trying to distance themselves a bit more from the more Radiohead-ish sound of the first album, which I really liked as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is definitely an album that gets better with each listen. I've listened 2-3 times a day since it released and I like it more than the 1st album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I like the new album but the track sequencing is bad. I re-sequenced it and am having a much better time.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Wish I could love this post. Thank you

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    I like the new album but the track sequencing is bad. I re-sequenced it and am having a much better time.
    how did you sequence it then?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)