Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Radiohead

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    They've rehearsed 75 songs apparently. I think they'll go all Pearl Jam on this tour and do different sets each night. Maybe some of the same songs, but not the same shows.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    That probably goes for old stuff. I'm sure TKOL songs will be played each night.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rarities aside, as someone who saw them last year, these KoL songs are a joy to behold live.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Didn't they do the same when they toured for In Rainbows? The played the entire album, then they constantly mixed up the setlist around that. I was a little disappointed when they didn't play Lucky. But, the show was still amazing and I recommend any fan to see them live at least once.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    They've rehearsed 75 songs apparently. I think they'll go all Pearl Jam on this tour and do different sets each night. Maybe some of the same songs, but not the same shows.
    According to Ed, they've never played the same setlist twice. Not in twenty years.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Didn't they do the same when they toured for In Rainbows? The played the entire album, then they constantly mixed up the setlist around that. I was a little disappointed when they didn't play Lucky. But, the show was still amazing and I recommend any fan to see them live at least once.
    I think Botley summed it up. Pretty sure they've never done the same set twice, probably some minor changes though. When I saw them for In Rainbows they played the whole damn album (out of order of course) and it was the first show they opened with "15 Step" since "All I Need" was the default opener. You'll also probably hate me since "Lucky" was the third song in that set and was a joy to behold. I think it was the only OK Computer song I saw that show, but it was worth it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    I think Botley summed it up. Pretty sure they've never done the same set twice, probably some minor changes though. When I saw them for In Rainbows they played the whole damn album (out of order of course) and it was the first show they opened with "15 Step" since "All I Need" was the default opener. You'll also probably hate me since "Lucky" was the third song in that set and was a joy to behold. I think it was the only OK Computer song I saw that show, but it was worth it.
    They opened with All I Need. And while we didn't get Lucky, we did get a lot from The Bends and a few from OK Computer. And we also got angry Thom calling out someone in the audience while playing Exit Music. "I'll show you how fucking funny I am". Something like that.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Man, I love "Lucky" but I would have loved "Exit Music" even more. Thom was pretty quiet, the only thing he said at our show was "Hi we're Radiohead, so if you're looking for Kid Rock, nah uh".

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    When I saw them in 2008, we got Exit Music, My Iron Lung, Fake Plastic Trees, and the show closed with Paranoid Android. It was fucking glorious. Exit Music was bone chilling.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Thom was very energetic. Excited, waving his arms in the air between encores. It was great. Bummed that I missed out. My friend's drove to Houston to see them tonight.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Got home about an hour ago and it was great. Big ups to the city of Houston, the Toyota Center is awesome, everyone was nice, it was the perfect weekend trip. To the show itself. The band is in top form, they're probably the best at their instruments as they've been. The addition of a second drummer works well and Johnny Greenwood solidified himself as my favorite guitarist ever. I've never been a huge fan of the band's output from the past five years, but the tracks on King of Limbs were meant to be played live. "Bloom" was a terrific opener. "Little By Little" was fantastic as well. "These Are My Twisted Words" sounded flawless. I'd only listen to the track a handful of times but it was just amazing. "Feral" was a great interlude too and the band looked like they were having fun just rocking out. "Separator" was a great way to open the first encore.

But damn the crowd loses their collective shit with every older song. "The Gloaming" is a song I've grown to love because of that amazing jazz breakdown in the song. "Myxomatosis" was probably my favorite song of the night it was intense and there was a lot of awesome feedback coming from Ed''s guitar and Thom was hoping on stage looking like a fucking rock star. But then they had to close with "Paranoid Android" and that song will never sound bad, in fact it may be one of the best songs ever written and the band played the hell out of it. So yeah, it was a fantastic show, I can't wait to do it all over again on Wednesday.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    new dates:

05/29 – Mansfield, MA @ Comcast Center
    05/31 – Newark, NJ @ Prudential Center
    06/01 – Newark,NJ @ Prudential Center
    06/03 – Washington, DC @ Verizon Center
    06/05 – Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center
    06/06 – Cuyahoga Falls, OH @ Blossom Music Center
    06/08 – Manchester, TN @ Bonnaroo Music Fetival
    06/10 – Tinley Park, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
    06/11 – Auburn Hills, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills
    06/13 – Camden, NJ @ Susquehanna Bank Center
    06/15 – Montreal, Quebec @ Centre Ball
    06/16 – Toronto, Ontario @ Downsview Park

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Those motherfuckers got "Amazing Sounds of Orgy" tonight. I knew I should have gone to the Dallas show instead of Houston...FUCK!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Just came back from the Austin shot and what a setlist. Heavy on material from HTTT and Kid A, let's hope Paranoid Android sticks as a closer. The first appearance this tour of The National Anthem and maybe Bodysnatchers as well. Band was in top form again this evening. Thom and Johnny were in great moods and Thom was very chatty. It was my first time hearing The Daily Mail love and I loved it. Hearing Myxamitosis and The Gloaming back to back were wicked as were Kid A and The National Anthem side by side. I can't stress enough how good the KOL material sounds live compared to the album. Can't wait to see them again in April.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Here are some pictures I took at the Houston show: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3844015...7629173476416/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So they're finally coming back to Australia but no shows in my city. I like them enough but screw traveling 800km's to see them.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Scored presale tickets to Montreal. GA Floor. Phew. That was stressful. Really did not want to have to do Downsview Park and thankfully I don't. It's worth the drive for the arena as opposed to suffering through the shitshow of the park.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    God that stage setup is so awesome. Great pics.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Am I alone in thinking $82 is INSANE for a ticket? I'll probably never see them live because of how outrages the prices always are. I can't justify that much.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Am I alone in thinking $82 is INSANE for a ticket? I'll probably never see them live because of how outrages the prices always are. I can't justify that much.
    Yeah I'd say your probably going to get pretty lonely where you're standing. Given the venues they are playing, and their status/popularity, 80 fees included is pretty reasonable. If you look at comparable acts, they are right on par.

Obviously something like 50-60 would be preferred, and bit more manageable for the average concert goer or fan who wants to check them out, but all things considered I don't think it's a stretch, especially when you factor in what some other bands or higher end acts charge these days. Here are a few examples of what some piece of shit acts charge (Iron Maiden, Roger Waters, Diamond excluded from the POS tag)

Hedley - $65
    Iron Maiden - $120
    Coldplay - $135
    Bryan Adams - $145
    Van Halen - $170
    Neil Diamond - $170
    Roger Waters - $270
    Madonna - $374

Given that Radiohead probably sells out quicker than ANY of those concerts, I don't think we can complain too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Radiohead has been on my list of must-see's forever but I feel the same way about ticket prices.. I'm a broke ass bitch and I don't know anyone that will go with me.. I'm seriously debating going to see them in DC but then again I did pay something outrageous to see NIN again at Virgin Fest.. but that's NIN - not Radiohead.. anyone live in MD and wanna go?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Use a credit card. Or ask to borrow moneyz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    got newark GA tix yesterday. very happy bout that and hopefully more on saturday's onsale.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Ticket prices don't bother me, because if it's a band that I really enjoy, then I know I'll get my money's worth. I just try to pick up extra shifts at work, or find odd jobs to help out with being able to afford the tickets. I paid like 200 dollars to see U2 last summer, and I don't regret it one bit. It was the best show I've ever seen. Worth all the money and extra work I had to do to afford it.

As for Radiohead, I have prime seats for Sunday's show, and only paid 60 dollars which I think is really reasonable. It cost twice as much as that for a ticket to see them at an Amphitheater in St Louis back in 2008, and I had shitty seats in the very last row, so I'm very stoked about the ticket prices.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I payed just as much for two tickets this time around as I did for one back in 2008. I had no problem with the prices. Would've loved to have seen them at a better venue in Austin, but at least I got to see them. I've paid more for worse shows, so it wasn't that bad. Like Richard, I've paid $200 to see U2 and The Police and Paul McCartney, and the Stones and don't regret it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Last night's KC show was soooo good. We got the tour debut's of Supercollider and How To Disappear Completely (!!!!!!). The WBC picketed the show, which at this point is expected by anyone living in KC. The band has never sounded better live, and they've never seemed like they were having as much fun. Ed was jumping around all night, Thom was joking, and even Thom could be see laughing a time or two. Identikit was one big awesomely fun mess. Clive fucked up at the beginning, so Thom laughingly stopped the song by doing his best Clay Davis impression "Oh shiieeeeet", and then restarted it, only to have the house lights abruptly come on for nearly a full minute in the middle of the song. But instead of pulling a Kings Of Leon, everyone in the band all laughed it off and kept playing. It was fantastic. Also, the band decided to play Myxomatosis on the spot, during the first encore. Loved every second of it.

Here's some photo's that I took:

And then here's where all the house lights were on during Identikit:

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I would have loved "How to Disappear Completely", glad to see on this tour they've been playing tons of Kid A material. I read on Pitchfork about the WBC protesting the show which is funny considering Radiohead are probably the least offensive band around (same for Foo Fighters who handled it awesomely). Glad you noticed how loose the band is, they look like they're having a shitload of fun out there which isn't something I could've said during the Hail to the Thief tour. Thom's a chatty cathy these days. Also great shots of the band Richard, some really good photos of the band and that awesome set up. Feral>15 Step should open the shows from now on.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Glad to hear this tour has been amazing so far. Just nabbed myself tickets for May 31 in Newark!

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    botley,
    but how do you know about it being from IR era? i'm pretty sure this song wasn't even hinted anywhere (website, soundchecks etc.) before its sudden leak, at least not before some other TKOL songs debuted at Thom/AfP shows
    (well, it's all according to CitizenInsane, which tends to be pretty anal about tracing radiohead songs roots.)
    Sorry, I just noticed this question and wanted to respond with a comment on the facts. It was released on radiohead.com 17 August 2009 while they were still touring In Rainbows and recorded in May of that year (after the other stuff from IR was completed but still within the same touring cycle). Sessions for The King of Limbs did not start until the following year.

Yes, the tree motif is shared between the artwork of "Twisted Words" and King of Limbs — "twisted woods" was the name of the PDF instructions on printing the single artwork (har har). It even encouraged you to use thin, degradable tracing paper (which puts one of the newsprint vibe for KoL). But that's very little to do with the music.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    So, anyway, "Skirting on the Surface" sounds like it'll be fucking awesome.

They also recorded it at the Austin City Limits show.