Thread: Other dark music - DEATH GRIPS, TRICKY, EL-P, ALLFLAWS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Other dark music - DEATH GRIPS, TRICKY, EL-P, ALLFLAWS

Hey. I am very interested in collecting dark experimental sounds from all over the world. All styles and genres - No boundaries. Please let me know your favorite videos, tracks, albums, artists etc. I will post stuff up too.

Some of my recent favs include
    How to Destroy Angels,Tricky,
    Death Grips, Allflaws,
    EL-P, Atoms For Peace.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    here is the latest video from tricky. Pretty good track.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    sounds like you want to visit here instead of making another thread for essentially the same thing you're looking for. i was cool with an 'ethereal vox' thread as there's generally a vibe there that exists between each band, and i might make a case to split the trip hop thread into trip hop and dark ambient (2 threads) respectively, but catch all thread for 'dark music' is pushing it for me. i dunno if i'm speaking for the masses here, but i like an enjoyably neat music forum.

to clarify- i can get real fucking bleak. 99% of what i listen to is "dark" (and visiting a NIN forum, we're all in the same boat) --- but i'm not about to drop a bunch of videos that have little to do with each other stylistically other than being minor key and a little off-putting. if you want to talk about trip hop like tricky, there's a thread for that. there's a rap thread to rap about stuff like death grips. if you want to burn crosses and discuss black metal, there (is?) a thread for that (can't remember, there should be). coldwave or goth? well, i don't think anyone else here is as ridicously passionate about that stuff as i am outside of the major players (i'd love it if i was wrong about this), but there can be threads for that, too. you can also make separate threads for an artist in particular as well, pretty sure there's one for death grips AND tricky, feel free to check 'em out.

i hate to be a bitch about this stuff, and i know you're a newbie, but let's draw the line while i'm feeling extra vinegary... for example: i'd consider penderecki or death in june to be way darker than anything posted here so far, but i know that doesn't belong in this thread, despite saying 'anything goes.'
    Last edited by frankie teardrop; 04-26-2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: CUNTY THE SARDINE STRIKES AGAIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nice version gary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just thought id post this new trent interview

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Goddamn it. Someone lock this shit please.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Scott Walker should record an album for surround sound. I'm pretty sure it'd be intense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post

Scott Walker should record an album for surround sound. I'm pretty sure it'd be intense.
    Cool cheers

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Other dark music - DEATH GRIPS, TRICKY, EL-P, ALLFLAWS

This thread is redundant.