Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Pain and Gain

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Pain and Gain

I've never seen a Michael Bay film, though I read all the time about how bad they are.
    This however has my curiosity peaked: http://www.salon.com/2013/04/26/pick...g_crime_farce/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm hearing nothing but how good this movie is. Besides the families of the people that were killed in the real life events this is based on being pissed in how the movie portrays the characters.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Saw it today, really liked it. It works for me in ways his other films put me off, and it's basically the same visual formula. It's just instead of non-stop action, it shows a depth of character, story and plot. And it's damned hilarious in spots, too.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Saw it last night and absolutely loved it. It is a MB film without being a MB film. It is a very different style story. It was freaking hilarious, a coked out Rock made the movie and if the movie itself and the awesome score by Steve Jablonsky doesnt make you want to go live at the beach for the rest of your life, nothing will.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It's a smart movie about dumb characters, which is what I think has gone over critics heads. It's 47% at Rotten Tomatoes, which means some get it and some don't.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I am so in love with the score for this movie. The whole thing sounds like a Nine Inch Nails "Ghosts" version of Miami Vice.

This track especially sounds like Ghosts.

And this one is perfect...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Wouldn't be surprised if they used any of Trent and Atticus' stuff for temp tracks. Drive ​too.