Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Black Sabbath / Heaven & Hell

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    wasn't crazy about the video but what the hell, the important thing is in the music...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    What a hilarious music video.

What is it with older established heavy metal/hard rock bands having videos with goofy CGI work?

This video reminds me of Tim and Eric hilarity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    album is on google play so ive been listening to that and the new qotsa today and im happily surprised by what great music i have to listen to right now by both bands!!! 13 definitely sounds like 70s sabbath the only sabbath i personally know and love!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninedead View Post
    album is on google play so ive been listening to that and the new qotsa today and im happily surprised by what great music i have to listen to right now by both bands!!! 13 definitely sounds like 70s sabbath the only sabbath i personally know and love!
    New QOTSA/Alice In Chains/Black Sabbath/Megadeth - it's been an amazing few weeks!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Had the chance to listen to it today, the album is great and im glad they recorded this!

Now im looking forward to October when im catching them live!!!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Unlce acid & the deadbeats supporting uk dates! Amazing! Truly if there is a band in the uk underground that gives off the early sabbath vibe... Saw their first show in islington and it was fantastic, really a cut above all the other bands of that kind

i really am bowled over at what a good choice they've made!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If you're going to a 2014 Canadian show, buy the poster. Don't spend 40 on a shirt - though there are 2 nice ones. The hoodie is overpriced & generic.
    Buy the poster.
    It's HUGE!
    and only 10 bucks, in Winnipeg!
    I bought 2!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Black Sabbath to record new album in 2015 and embark on final tour: http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news...cord-new-album

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    @WorzelG

Been listening to some of the Tony-Martin-era albums and they are better than I remember. Put on Headless Cross for the first time in ages and it's actually a pretty solid album. Always dug The Eternal Idol and Cross Purposes. ​I'll have to listen to the other two later on.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I don't want to start a new thread about a relatively obscure band, but I just got Badlands first album, with Ray Gillan (who briefly sang with Sabbath) and Jake E. Lee (Ozzy's guitarist in the 1980's) and this album fucking rules. It's like old-school Aerosmith meets Zeppelin--fantastic album. It's out of print which is a shame.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I don't want to start a new thread about a relatively obscure band, but I just got Badlands first album, with Ray Gillan (who briefly sang with Sabbath) and Jake E. Lee (Ozzy's guitarist in the 1980's) and this album fucking rules. It's like old-school Aerosmith meets Zeppelin--fantastic album. It's out of print which is a shame.
    Oh yeah, they're fantastic. Check out their other two albums, too. You won't be disappointed.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    Oh yeah, they're fantastic. Check out their other two albums, too. You won't be disappointed.
    Nice, thanks. The follow-up costs 30 bucks, used, on amazon. Too bad they are out of print. I'll check out their other albums though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'll assume they're adding Europe dates later.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I'll assume they're adding Europe dates later.
    most likely, if this is truly the final tour it HAS to end at home in England.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can't fucking wait. I am wondering if tickets will be hard to get. Did anyone go to the 13 tour? How were the ticket sales? This is the first time for a Missouri show since 04!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well I got tix for the KC show today. I got lower bowl seating in the back. I was hopping it would have been tier 3 ($50 something + charges) pricing as it was for NIN. I would gladly pay cheaper for the tix I got as the side ones were still tier 1 $150+. I fucking hate sitting on the sides especially for NIN show.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I/B/O/W

little tribute to Iommi, Butler, Ozzy, n Ward

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The new Black Label Society is excellent. Nothing ground-breaking, it's sort of like AIC meets Sabbath, but it's damn good. I didn't want to create a new thread, so I figured this one is close enough.

I'd take BLS over anything Ozzy has done since 1991.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Came up at work, I said it, randomly. Does Black Sabbath get recognized like they should?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Came up at work, I said it, randomly. Does Black Sabbath get recognized like they should?
    How do they not?

Theyre always in the top five (usually higher) of any “best of metal bands ever” poll, and rightfully so. Just a year or two ago they had a farewell arena tour that I think sold fairly well (don’t quote me on that). And even headlined huge festivals like Lollapalooza somewhat recently.

They may may not be the Beatles or U2 but considering the type of music/genre they play their legacy is cemented.

Hell, even the one-word names of Ozzy and Dio are household names like Jordan and LeBron. (That may be a stretch admittedly but there’s no confusion on who else one may be talking about. Don’t even bring up Dr. Oz lol)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Indeed, I see them getting their props constantly. I'm proud to say I got to say I got to see the original line-up at Ozzfest 2001 even though I was dehydrated from drinking beer all day in the hot Texas sun and felt shitty at the time.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    You know a band are legends when their millions of terrible later albums are forgotten and forgiven

What's your favourite Shit black Sabbath albums? Obviously born again is the funniest, but im always amazed at how headless cross sounds nothing like black Sabbath. What is it

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So I picked up that 2017 "The Ultimate Collection" (vinyl) last week and I gotta say, it sounds fantastic! Quickly became one of my favs for this year.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Master of Reality was my fav. album from them for years. Never thought it would change, but it did. Now my personal fav. is Vol. 4. What an album...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    You know a band are legends when their millions of terrible later albums are forgotten and forgiven

What's your favourite Shit black Sabbath albums? Obviously born again is the funniest, but im always amazed at how headless cross sounds nothing like black Sabbath. What is it
    Worst album is easily TYR or Forbidden. Born Again is 10,000 times better. It's really a shame that the master tapes are lost, because a cleaned-up, re-mixed Born Again would have been great.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    That sounds very Black Sabbathy

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    it's not terrible. Def. some good aspects. "Fair" overall. Surprised.