Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Korn

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Just looked it up. Would have been the perfect time to break out some deep cuts.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    After not giving an ounce of shit about this band in at least 20 years, I checked this show out and it felt like catching up with an old friend. Might have to give the new album (or even their last few albums) a spin; was really thoroughly impressed with their performance. Fieldy is a beast on the bass. Glad to see these guys are still doing their thing.

Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    I REALLY like Korn, except for the bizarre shit the vocalist does sometimes: I can't handle the OOOOOM bac bac ba bac bac OOOOM thing, or the GivaDogaBone bit. I REALLY love their sound, though. I like the low end with the 7 string guitar and the way everything sort of sounds a tiny bit too slow.
    I saw them as an opening act a couple times in the nineties.

Idk why I'm even posting in this thread. I guess i just decided to throw you guys an outsider's perspective.

I've always been ONE step away from loving this band, and it isn't even that the singer is bad. It's the weird noises he makes that keep me from fully embracing it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I REALLY like Korn, except for the bizarre shit the vocalist does sometimes: I can't handle the OOOOOM bac bac ba bac bac OOOOM thing, or the GivaDogaBone bit. I REALLY love their sound, though. I like the low end with the 7 string guitar and the way everything sort of sounds a tiny bit too slow.
    I saw them as an opening act a couple times in the nineties.

Idk why I'm even posting in this thread. I guess i just decided to throw you guys an outsider's perspective.

I've always been ONE step away from loving this band, and it isn't even that the singer is bad. It's the weird noises he makes that keep me from fully embracing it.
    Dude. My partner and I were trying to decipher his beat boxing in Ball Tongue I think? We settled on some variation of "some pickled charcuterie". Seriously, try growling that phrase and I think it's dead on lmao

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I like the "scatting" style stuff Jon does. It's part of what makes them Korn. I took a while to get into Korn - I never liked them when I was younger but one day I just changed my mind for whatever reason and now they're in my top 5 bands of all time.

The livestream was awesome. The venue was great. Band and Jon were great as always - Jon's vocals got a bit tired towards the end which shows the long time since they last played. Was awesome to hear Victimized, kind of under-rated song from an under-appreciated album. Same with Throw Me Away. Dirty and Thoughtless are some of my favorite songs so cool to hear them too. Only gripe would be I wish it was an hour and a half set and that they played 2 or 3 more songs. A few more earlier songs (one off Life is Peachy at least) would have finished it off nicely.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    It was a big surprise to hear that the second solo Fieldy album is not terrible. Then again Fieldy's Dreams sets the bar as low as it will go.

The single is actually pretty cool. It sounds like the rhythm section from Korn 1.0

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Yeah i wished he did more stuff like that on the new albums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone have a rip of Monumental? I caught it on the last day & would like to see it again if possible.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    surprised by The Monumental's setlist. I wouldn't mind a blu ray of it

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Fall 2021 Tour with Staind just announced..

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Is Aaron gonna tell everyone to shut up again?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Is Staind gonna go out and play that AM I THE ONLY 1 song every night to rapturous applause from the Gen X trailer park supremacists?

Man I would love to see Korn tour for The Nothing, especially after watching Monumental. But absolutely fuck going and having to sit through Staind. Hard pass.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    '68 on select dates. Definitely keeping this in mind.

Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    The amount of thin blue line cut off shirts Staind is gonna bring to the korn shows this summer is gonna be too damned high

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    that sounds like there's going to be a fight almost every night.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    As opposed to the majority of shows that hit these outdoor amphitheaters?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    '68 on select dates. Definitely keeping this in mind.
    Apparently they're playing Aug 5 - 28, per their website.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    The amount of thin blue line cut off shirts Staind is gonna bring to the korn shows this summer is gonna be too damned high

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Apparently they're playing Aug 5 - 28, per their website.
    Their last date is my date.