Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Korn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    new cd is pretty good ,spike in my veins is really good/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    on first listen, its a pretty boring album.

Thought the album starts off well with the first two tracks, then it just goes downhill from there.

I hope it will grow on me, haven't enjoyed a KoRn album thoroughly since Untitled.

EDIT: it's grown on me quite a bit, so far like Prey for Me and Victimized best. Good effort overall, can really hear what Head added to this record.
    Last edited by LaneSax; 10-17-2013 at 03:41 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I didn’t like the first single at all… However, this album grew on me like crazy. There are some classic korn moments on this album. I ended up loving the album!! Can’t wait to see it live. It’s my new “play loud as shit and drive” album.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I know that asking for a "Korn" "Life Is Peachy" or "Follow The Leader" again almost 20 years after they came out is like nin fans asking for another "Broken" but son of a bitch Korn isn't even the same band anymore. I'm all for a band evolving, nobody is the same person they were 20 years ago but this is beyond evolution - this is a totally different entity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Whoa. The love and meth video is actually pretty cool. Did not expect that.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I know that asking for a "Korn" "Life Is Peachy" or "Follow The Leader" again almost 20 years after they came out is like nin fans asking for another "Broken" but son of a bitch Korn isn't even the same band anymore. I'm all for a band evolving, nobody is the same person they were 20 years ago but this is beyond evolution - this is a totally different entity.
    I'd actually love a combination of Life Is Peachy with Issues like I've mentioned before, but I also have a feeling that they sort of tried that with Take A Look In The Mirror and/or failed depending on how much you hated that album as a result of disappointment.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Love and Meth along with its video are awesome.

Easily the best thing they've done in years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Although it's not as good as some of their earlier albums, the Paradigm Shift is their best album in years. I just saw them at Roseland in NY a few weeks back and they absolutely rocked as always. Even if you're not a big Korn fan, they are definitely worth checking out live. Tons of energy. Then two nights ago I saw NIN at the Prudential Center in NJ. I was lucky snough to be about 5 feet from the rail right in the center. What an experience. Trent never disappoints. Going to see Chris Cornell next month. I'm just happy that all these guys are still touring and really bringing it too. Not just going through the motions to make a buck. They still rock!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    looks like it was a fun show in Dallas

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Head looks fucking awesome hahahaha

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    a random question that has been bugging me forever...

does anyone know what is/are the lyric/s that start A.D.I.D.A.S.?

I have seen many sites online claiming it's "Honestly" but I just don't hear it...
    I hear more of a "Bone in the sea"???

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Korn

This peeked my interest and maybe it's because I read this but that's what I hear as we'll. it definitely isn't honestly. Due to my lack of life I'm going to get to the bottom of this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Watched "Reconciliation" the other night. It's hard to say for sure what went on but judging from the DVD, all hope for an old school sounding, or straight up guitar driven album went out the door once JD joined the writing process. Their whole vibe seemed to change one he showed up with his brain half fried and his dubstep producers with him.

After some time with the album it think its good up to never never. Also has anyone else noticed that "Mass Hysteria's" chorus is pretty much the exact chorus from "no way" off of issues?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    JD contributed alot during the first few albums and that did no harm. Infact, it might have done some good. I blame the producers. But JD wrote quite a few of the guitar parts, basic outline mostly, and drums. Since Issues, it seemed like his musical output had lessened, drammatically.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Watched "Reconciliation" the other night. It's hard to say for sure what went on but judging from the DVD, all hope for an old school sounding, or straight up guitar driven album went out the door once JD joined the writing process. Their whole vibe seemed to change one he showed up with his brain half fried and his dubstep producers with him.

After some time with the album it think its good up to never never. Also has anyone else noticed that "Mass Hysteria's" chorus is pretty much the exact chorus from "no way" off of issues?
    With Head, they just seemed to be enjoying the whole process. In previous "making of" dvds, Munky would always look stressed, Fieldy looked bored and just took direction just for the sake of completing an album.

Good ear, I didn't realise the similarities between both choruses, always thought "No Way" is one of the better tracks on "Ïssues"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I suddenly really got into Korn! I remember when I was a kid I liked a couple of their songs but somehow they seemed too weird for my taste back then. Now that myself is weird and older as well it sounds excellent! And the new album is very solid in my opinion. Also I find it strange that I see myself enjoying their dubstep album alot because I don't really like this Skrillex etc. dubstep stuff at all. Would be great to see them live!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    new video for Spike in My Veins

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I don't like it. Just pushes more of that pop culture shit in my face. I know it's making fun of it, but bleh. Been done before. The performance is the usual stuff in most recent Korn videos so nothing new there.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Korn is essentially Motley Crue. One can only speculate the year where they sign a contract for Farewell Tour.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Korn is essentially Motley Crue. One can only speculate the year where they sign a contract for Farewell Tour.
    Except that Motley Crue was much cooler.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    It's funny that you say this, because I think I also remember Limp Bizkit being called the Poison of the 1990s too. It just reminded me of that joke.

As for Korn, I still think their albums from 1994-2003 will always be my most favorite works by them. I've also liked just about all of their non-album songs from the 1990s as well, such as Kick The PA, I Can Remember, and Camel Song. Jingle Balls was pretty good too. I was also looking up some Korn songs before Korn came out, and This Broken Soul immediately became a favorite of mine.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-08-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    New video is the shittiest thing. Time's up boys.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if they've hit their midlife crisis, or they're just done and not ready to let go. Think they're more concerned about being "korn" than they are an actual band.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    They look more ridiculous than ever as if they're trying to appeal to the troubled teens of America. I guess telling them to grow up has never caught up to them.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Ugh JD no, shut the fuck up.
    Your topic is your personal misery. That's it. Don't try to branch out now in your 40s, it's not working.

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/korn-...le-to-wake-up/

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    The writer of that article sounds butthurt about something.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    The writer of that article sounds butthurt about something.
    Screamed hipster to me.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Here is the whole interview for the masochists:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    LOL at Davis' crooked nose in the default video still.