Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Korn

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I found this on wiki : Untouchables received positive reviews from critics and is often regarded as one of Korn's best works.

My question: really?? I mean... REALLY?

I love wiki.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    For some reason people love that album. I think it's garbage minus Thoughtless and Here To Stay, honestly.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Yes, it was overproduced crap for the most part. In addition to those two songs, I also like Hollow Life, it has something of a Deadsy vibe, and Embrace, one of Korn's hidden heavy groove jems (see also: Reclaim my Place on Follow the Leader)
    I'll check out the new album, but my expectations are very low.
    That Korn III album was so bad, and the dubstep one even worse.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is it weird that Untouchables is what got me into Korn? Idk I always enjoyed that album.

Anyway, Head is back in the band full time and apparently they have a new album already recorded.

I'm interested. Can't be any worse than their last 2 albums.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I actually didn't mind the Untitled one. The other stuff is very hit or miss, mostly miss. I'm curious if Head can really put this band back on track. They've been in shambles ever since he left. Untouchables is my least favorite album, but it still runs circles around the stuff 2005-onward. Plus, if you've listened to Love and Death (which I finally got around to hearing this week), and his solo album, he definitely took the creativity along with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just started listening to Korn again, Untitled is my favorite album. I'm happy that Head is back in the band and hopefully the new album will be heavy.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I just hope it's good and not forced.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    In preparation for the new Korn album, I got the Love and Death album.
    It's more enjoyable than I was expecting, both heavier and closer to the original Korn sound than Korn's last two albums. It also makes me hope good things for the new Korn: my only worry is Ray Luzier. Hopefully Don Gilmore will rein him in a little.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Korn

I'm not too worried about Ray. Seems perfectly capable. It's the main songwriting that will really make or break this album. And I finally got around to listening to Love and Death recently as well. It's good. It has that old korn vibe, but also moves into uncharted territories with melodies and other directions. I'm optimistic.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    looks like Sept 24th is gonna be the release date for the new one!

Hope the great year of music so far will continue with KoRn.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    looks like October 1st is the finalised date for the new one, titled "The Paradigm Shift"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    tracklist and artwork for "The Paradigm Shift"

01. Prey For Me
    02. Love & Meth
    03. What We Do
    04. Spike In My Veins
    05. Mass Hysteria
    06. Paranoid And Aroused
    07. Never Never
    08. Punishment Time
    09. Lullaby For A Sadist
    10. Victimized
    11. It's All Wrong
    12. Wish I Wasn’t Born Today (bonus track on deluxe edition)
    13. Tell Me What You Want (bonus track on deluxe edition)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The artwork looks neat. Hasn't been any worthwhile artwork since Untitled came out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Cover art is pretty cool, glad there's no kids or teddy bear type things on it. Looking forward to the first single.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    artwork kinda gives me an Orgy vibe for some reason...

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Maybe this should be in the shit on music thread: http://kornkoverage.tumblr.com

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Maybe this should be in the shit on music thread: http://kornkoverage.tumblr.com
    Unsure about that but this is pretty bad.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's not that bad. But then again, after the last few albums, the bar isn't exactly high. In one of those posts, though, Head wasn't exactly positive about the single, but was optimistic about the rest if that helps any. But I don't think it's awful by any means. Nothing amazing either.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    wow, this is awful... This sounds nothing like KoRn at all... Head comes back and this is what they come up with??

I may be in the minority here, but I actually really enjoyed that dubstep album they released (2 years? ago).
    I thought that was a new and refreshing take on KoRn as their albums after issues were all pretty lackluster, and that's no surprise as they pump them out, what, every 1-2 years?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, what's wrong with it? Besides that shitty dubstep part, I think it sounds pretty cool.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Well, what's wrong with it? Besides that shitty dubstep part, I think it sounds pretty cool.
    I know this is a gripe of everyone of them for years but this single doesn't sound like Korn. The lyrics are terrible and it's a very bland song all around.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    same feelings towards the song. Thought it's exactly how a radio single would sound and not expecting it to reflect the overall album sound.

and yes the dubstep parts are horrible.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Korn

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I know this is a gripe of everyone of them for years but this single doesn't sound like Korn. The lyrics are terrible and it's a very bland song all around.
    When have they ever been known for their lyrics?

"Clown, you ain't shit. Turn around get your face split".

Maybe you guys were expecting something like the first album. It's different. Their sound needed an overhaul. The song is average, but I give them credit for at least branching out and trying something new (finally, after so many years of rehashing the same old thing).

Only so many times you can try and recreate the first album. That magic is gone. These guys are getting older. They're not the angry kids from Bakersfield anymore. The music should reflect that. Afterall, they have a song called Evolution.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    When have they ever been known for their lyrics?

"Clown, you ain't shit. Turn around get your face split."
    I know but once upon a time, Davis' lyrics felt very real and very, very genuine. They seem like a schtick now. He's a rich, successful man now. Not much he can say lyrically will speak volumes of it did in the past.

Evolution was a great song.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's definitely schick now. Back then, the lyrics were whatever. It was his delivery that really made it work for him. Eventually, he got sober, and that played a major part in the band's sound imo. That anger/pain is long gone. Pretending it's still there and writing about parasitic friends leeching off of you because you is as lame as it gets. So for them to maybe move past all that, I commend them for that. It's the first radio single though. Those are usually whatever until you hear the full album.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think his lyrics are still genuine to his emotions.

I haven't heard the leak so I cannot judge, but I fell off after issues, and I'm not really of fan of issues minus a couple. In fact, I think the one minute interludes were the best part of issues.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    please tell me the track linked above is a demo, because reunited korn is surely capable of much, much better single

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Love and Death's new video. One of the better songs off the album

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Heard the first single the other day. I'm not a follower of Korn but I remember them being THE BAND that everyone loved when I was in junior high. As someone who was familiar with their work since their big heyday...it's pretty obvious even as a non fan at how embarrassingly bad this song is.

Everything about it screams plastic. The writing, the production....the entire...awkwardness of it all.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 08-14-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    The new track is bad and they should feel bad.
    I don't know what happened, but it's so so bad. Holy shit its so bad.

And they were so good.

God.

This is so bad.