Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 2013.08.09 - San Francisco, CA @ Outside Lands Music Festival

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspfotie View Post
    Jessica, your pictures are great! Thank you for sharing. I had VIP for Outside Lands and got to the corner of the rail at 1:00 and remained there throughout Saturday. My one semi-complaint is VIP puts you on the right side of the stage and you are farther away then GA but pay more money? It was great being by Robin, but all the shots I have are profile no head on shots. The other issue was the person filming the whole festival was right in front of me the whole time, so I could only see Trent from chest up for most of it. I think he moved right before HLAH... I was thrilled to see your pics and show was beyond amazing!!
    Tracy
    Thanks, Tracy! Yeah, they really do put VIP in a strange area. But were the other perks worth it? I'm debating whether or not to get it next year just for the ease of access to restrooms, haha! It was nearly impossible to get to one on Sunday. I waited about 45 minutes. Ridiculous.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    If you guys are looking to purchase a camera for shows, I do get similar results with smaller cameras too. These are taken with a Nikon S6300: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessica...th/8429757347/

And these are with a Nikon S9100: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessica...7629612224300/
    Thanks for the info and examples. Where are you standing for those pics? I'm usually standing by FOH for audio recording, so I imagine it would be difficult to get any pics like that from there.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Thanks for the info and examples. Where are you standing for those pics? I'm usually standing by FOH for audio recording, so I imagine it would be difficult to get any pics like that from there.
    No problem! I was on rail for those sets. I'm 5'1, so I have to be really up close or super far away to see anything. Here's a set with my P100 from the back of Staples Center. More blur, less crisp, etc.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Anyone have suggestions for some album art for the OSL rips? I'm having a hard time figuring something out.

I know JessicaSarahS has some great shots here:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Anyone have suggestions for some album art for the OSL rips? I'm having a hard time figuring something out.

Feel free to use anything in there if you want.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    What's wrong with the official one ? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...7971220&type=1

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Something with a the turtleneck in it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Jessica, Beside the strange area, it is well worth it. Never had to wait for a drink or a bathroom, (well not more than 5 minutes). I will probably always get VIP from here on out if I go to Outside Lands. I had GA in 2011 and the bathroon situation was a drag! We walked up really close for many bands on the same Lands End Stage like Artic Monkeys and the Black Keys cause I have some good shots from that year. Your cameras are so great that I think you would be able to still get great shots from the side.

Thanks, Tracy! Yeah, they really do put VIP in a strange area. But were the other perks worth it? I'm debating whether or not to get it next year just for the ease of access to restrooms, haha! It was nearly impossible to get to one on Sunday. I waited about 45 minutes. Ridiculous.