Thread: 2013.08.09 - San Francisco, CA @ Outside Lands Music Festival

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

2013.08.09 - San Francisco, CA @ Outside Lands Music Festival

3-Day GA & VIP tickets are on-sale now!

http://www.sfoutsidelands.com/tickets/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I was hoping they would be offering single day tickets. Perhaps they might in the weeks before the event? I wish I could afford the three day pass; but, unfortunately there is no way, right now. Oh well.
    Edit: So I saw that last year's festival offered single day ticket sales, around June, once each day's line-up was secured. So, I'll be checking back around then/looking for their Twitter announcements for it. Glad to see that.
    Last edited by Ruined; 04-18-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'll be there, snagged my pass today. I was lucky to grab a $235, must have been only a few of them as a second request 10 seconds later only pulled up full-price tickets.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'm glad I risked it and went for Lollapalooza instead of waiting for Outside Lands to confirm their lineup. I prefer the Lolla lineup to this one.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Might just be hitting both Lolla and Outside Lands. Do they sell single day tickets for this one?

The Land of polar bears. And Berlin, every now and then
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    Might just be hitting both Lolla and Outside Lands. Do they sell single day tickets for this one?
    At least both Outside Lands & Ticketmaster site list only 3 day tickets.

The Land of polar bears. And Berlin, every now and then
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, did a little digging (read: googled...) and apparently there might be one day tickets released later (possibly July). This is what someone said on FB: "Single day tickets would be available if they don't sell out of 3 day tickets. They've done this in the past and have been released in July. Hopefully they do this!!"

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Outside Lands VIP contest: http://insiders.radio947.net/CustomC...spx?AID=197864
    • Four (4) VIP tickets to the 2013 Outside Lands Festival in San Francisco, CA
    • Four (4) Shuttle passes for transportation from your lodging to the festival grounds
    • One Canon PowerShot 12MP Digital Camera with 3-Inch LCD Screen
    • $2000 cash for travel and hotel

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DistantSamantha View Post
    Ok, did a little digging (read: googled...) and apparently there might be one day tickets released later (possibly July). This is what someone said on FB: "Single day tickets would be available if they don't sell out of 3 day tickets. They've done this in the past and have been released in July. Hopefully they do this!!"
    Yea, they tend to do single day tickets.
    I just wish I knew which day NIN is playing though. This hasn't been posted yet, has it?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Yea, they tend to do single day tickets.
    I just wish I knew which day NIN is playing though. This hasn't been posted yet, has it?
    Nope, not yet. Single day tickets are usually released when the day lineups are announced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I should be here.... not 100% confirmed yet but it's looking pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if people were listening to Live 105 KITS over the weekend, but they were giving away ticket's to Outside Lands for Father's Day and the grand prize winner of that contest would win tickets to a secret NIN rehearsal. Unfortunately, my sister was caller 8 when they asked for caller 10... I'm hoping there will be other opportunities to get in the drawing for this "secret NIN show"...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be there with my sister. Hopefully after the holidays we will get some additional Bay Area dates for Tension tour.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    FYI: "@sfoutsidelands: ranger dave has what some of you have been waiting for. stay close tomorrow."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    FYI: "@sfoutsidelands: ranger dave has what some of you have been waiting for. stay close tomorrow."
    So, if the single day tix go on sale today, there's still no way of knowing which day NIN plays, correct? Or do the same headliners play all 3 days? Just curious as I'm still trying to secure any NIN CA tix. Thanks.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    So, if the single day tix go on sale today, there's still no way of knowing which day NIN plays, correct? Or do the same headliners play all 3 days? Just curious as I'm still trying to secure any NIN CA tix. Thanks.
    They usually release the day lineups at the same time, so you'll know who's playing on certain days.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Day lineups are out! NIN plays Saturday and single day tickets go on sale tomorrow.

http://lineup.sfoutsidelands.com/?sort=day

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    They usually release the day lineups at the same time, so you'll know who's playing on certain days.
    Cool, thanks for the information. Looks like tomorrow's the big day; with three chances to get tickets Wed/Thur/Fri, hopefully I have better luck than I did trying to secure L.A. tickets, yesterday.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Cool, managed to easily get the single-day tickets to this event. Hopefully, I'll have similar luck, tomorrow, for the L.A. show!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Got a single day ticket since my Staples Center seats are so miserable. Pretty excited! Going to both shows.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

So happy to have landed the 1-day tickets. Now the only remaining bit of info is what time they are playing that day. I'll probably only be there for the NIN show (babysitter logistics)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Most likely 8 as they are headlining. There's a strict 10pm curfew. If you show up later in the day be prepared to be v e r y far from the stage. It's a giant park. The alternative is sitting in the sun all day.

I've been thinking a lot about whether or not I want to go. On one hand, nine inch nails are playing here in just a few weeks(!). On the other, outside lands is a really shitty way to experience a show. Decisions decisions.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt925 View Post
    On one hand, nine inch nails are playing here in just a few weeks(!). On the other, outside lands is a really shitty way to experience a show. Decisions decisions.
    What's wrong with outside lands in terms of concert experience? Idk anyone whose gone really.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    What's wrong with outside lands in terms of concert experience? Idk anyone whose gone really.
    Just the fact that you're in a huge park crammed with 60,000 people. Even on the video screens the performers look like ants. Filthy porta potties in pitch black, people moving past you in both directions throughout the performance. And everything has a crazy line to wait in.

Frankly I'd rather drive to la for an arena show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    But that was also the very negatives. I don't want to discourage people who have never been. The music is loud as hell, first of all, and you can work your way to the front. I would also just bet nine inch nails won't end up drawing as packed a crowd as radiohead or Metallica. Just go and make the most of it. If you are with friends and you get some drinks you will have a good time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt925 View Post
    Just the fact that you're in a huge park crammed with 60,000 people. Even on the video screens the performers look like ants. Filthy porta potties in pitch black, people moving past you in both directions throughout the performance. And everything has a crazy line to wait in.

Frankly I'd rather drive to la for an arena show.

Its actually about 90,000 now. They got permission from the city to increase their capacity.

3 day tickets are sold out if you didnt buy any tickets yet. And only Friday single days are avail.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Edit: whelp, thought I was doing this show. Not so much. Calendar reading fail.
    Last edited by theimage13; 07-17-2013 at 09:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone have 2 extras for Sat night? I wasn't gonna go, but now I have to go to SF (from Denver) for work that week and the thought of NIN playing and me not being there is starting to mess with me! If you've got 2 extras for Sat night, please let me know!

Thanks... Josh

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

I actually might. Did they close up ticket sales?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    I actually might. Did they close up ticket sales?
    I have no idea how, but single day tickets are sold out! If you do have extras, please let me know. That would be great!