Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2013.08.09 - San Francisco, CA @ Outside Lands Music Festival

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    What's wrong with outside lands in terms of concert experience? Idk anyone whose gone really.
    I don't mind OSL. They have great food and I love Wine Lands. It's pricey, but most music festivals are these days. My gripe with OSL is their tendency to oversell tickets and headliner areas or the new "indie" band with a hot radio single stages get overcrowded easily. For three days festivals, I'll camp a stage for one day, then use the other days to explore, unless there's a huge conflict. Less exhausting that way.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

2013.08.09 - San Francisco, CA @ Outside Lands Music Festival

Never been to OSL. What time should I show up for decent seating of an 8pm NIN show? I'm not sure we will get there for the 11am open but maybe soon after.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Never been to OSL. What time should I show up for decent seating of an 8pm NIN show? I'm not sure we will get there for the 11am open but maybe soon after.
    That should be fine. Which area were you planning on standing?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Stage-specific schedule has been posted: http://lineup.sfoutsidelands.com/events/2013/08/09/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I've decided just to go to Lollapalooza instead. I've got three 3-day passes, I'd like them to go to NIN fans if possible, PM if you're interested. Face + fees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spare Saturday ticket?

Last edited by Ken; 12-11-2018 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Wait a second... these print at home tickets DON'T require a photo ID to be present when you enter... do they...?
    For some reason I was under that assumption. I can't figure out where I got that idea from.

edit: ugh... there is a transfer button right on the ticketmaster website even if it did require a photo ID. Felling incredibly dumb right about now.
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 07-26-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Wait a second... these print at home tickets DON'T require a photo ID to be present when you enter... do they...?
    For some reason I was under that assumption. I can't figure out where I got that idea from.
    nin.com pre-sale scarring all who enter for life.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Not a spoiler, just pure conjecture... hiding it just in case though...

Spoiler: So, the south korea show just played a track from Dragon Tattoo. Karen O is playing directly before NIN at OSL (same stage too). Pretty good chance we will hear Immigrant Song?!?! Maybe?!?

either way, I sure hope we have enough tapers at this show.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    nin.com pre-sale scarring all who enter for life.
    Hahaha! Srsly.

Yeah, no ID needed with the print at home tix.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    A little setlist spoiler...

Based on the setlist originally planned for Chicago, there's a good chance you will get...
    Spoiler: the debut of "Everything"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    2 questions... Is this the next show and will it be webcast?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yes, San Francisco is next. I'm uncertain if the band's set is a part of the schedule, but Outside Lands will be webcast on UStream.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    For those making travel plans, for the S.F. festival, keep in mind there might be a public transit/BART strike. Plan accordingly:
    http://news.yahoo.com/bart-labor-tal...165001996.html

FYI: Strike averted; all public transit should be running, as normal, this weekend.
    Last edited by Ruined; 08-05-2013 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Updated info.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^Thanks for the heads up!
    Dear lord cant believe I'm seeing NIN in less than a week, and right after Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Fuckin. Im going with a few friends who don't know much about Trent's music. Hopefully now they will understand my obsession. When I first saw NIN I wasn't familiar with them at all. My bad ass mom brought me along in 05. Seeing him live is a great way to be introduced to his music.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    ^Thanks for the heads up!
    Dear lord cant believe I'm seeing NIN in less than a week, and right after Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Fuckin. Im going with a few friends who don't know much about Trent's music. Hopefully now they will understand my obsession. When I first saw NIN I wasn't familiar with them at all. My bad ass mom brought me along in 05. Seeing him live is a great way to be introduced to his music.
    I'm going with a non-fan as well. We'll see how it goes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone feel like meeting up on Saturday? I just bought a ticket on Craigslist and don't know one person that's going on Saturday.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Can anyone help me out with some NIN shirts from this festival stop? Please PM if you're able to assist. Thanks!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Here's a free app, for Outside Lands. It includes a map of the concert and other things:
    http://www.sfoutsidelands.com/apps/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The Nine Inch Nails performance will be streamed at http://www.ustream.tv/outsidelands at approximately 8:25PM Pacific on Saturday. I know there is already discussion happening in other threads but I wanted to post here in the tour journal for completeness. I'll be at Outside Lands and won't get to see the webcast until the ETS collective hopefully makes a great capture available.

You can calculate the time of the stream in your time zone by looking at the local time in San Francisco on this site http://24timezones.com/current_world_time.php and then matching it to the time in your area and adjusting.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    For those making travel plans, for the S.F. festival, keep in mind there might be a public transit/BART strike. Plan accordingly:
    http://news.yahoo.com/bart-labor-tal...165001996.html

FYI: Strike averted; all public transit should be running, as normal, this weekend.
    I take public transit every day but I'm planning on avoiding it for the festival. I've never been to OSL but I am anticipating that any bus going toward it are going to be completely packed, especially when it ends at 10pm.

I'm probably going to park on the edge of the city somewhere and take some sort of Taxi/Uber/Lyft/Sidecar. If you aren't familiar with services like Uber, check it out. Cheaper, faster, and better than a taxi. Plus, you can usually find $20 or so in first time credits. That's what I am doing so it'll cover most of my trip there on Sat.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm avoiding public transit, as well. Found this cool pre-paid parking site that located a space/company only a few blocks from the park. The service is linked to the Golden Gate Park site. I lucked out and reserved a valet space for only $7. So, parking headache averted; can't wait for the show!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    I'm avoiding public transit, as well. Found this cool pre-paid parking site that located a space/company only a few blocks from the park. The service is linked to the Golden Gate Park site. I lucked out and reserved a valet space for only $7. So, parking headache averted; can't wait for the show!
    holy shit fuck you thats awesome
    what site? I know about parkwhiz.com but i see absolutely no parking besides a handfull of downtown spots.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Parking site link. Note: You have to play with the map/use mapquest (or other mapping site) to get a general street address, plug it into the site (after you register) and it will give a list of available spaces/prices in the vicinity. You then print out your parking reservation. There were only a handful left, so, good luck:
    https://www.park-now.com/customerWeb/pages/login.jsf

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I posted a pic of tour merch on my Twitter/Instagram, but my phobe is being a bitch and not letting me post /copy here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked today's webcast, especially for what I think is the first time OSL has recorded. I'm feeling optimistic about tomorrow. I'm sure there'll be stream rips.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

2013.08.09 - San Francisco, CA @ Outside Lands Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    I posted a pic of tour merch on my Twitter/Instagram, but my phobe is being a bitch and not letting me post /copy here.
    http://instagram.com/p/c0ZO4nyxlZ/

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kueller917 View Post
    I liked today's webcast, especially for what I think is the first time OSL has recorded. I'm feeling optimistic about tomorrow. I'm sure there'll be stream rips.
    I'm excited to finally have a decent proshot of a show that I've attended!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    @heavenly_bearded your PM box if full and the shirt at OSL is red or black. No other colors.